Firefox/Projects/Privacy Prefpane Refresh
Sprint lead: faaborg
Sprinters: faaborg, ehsan, beltzner
- Update the privacy prefpane UI
Goals / Use Cases
- Present the user with a single choice about locally stored information (history) before hitting them with the full complexity of managing all settings
- Clearly define (through the use of a group box) what "history" now means in Firefox (all information implicitly collected).
- Present contextual help to the user about other privacy related features, like private browsing, clear recent history, and the cookies window.
- Enable users to control the behavior of the awesome bar, in case they have a large number of bookmarks to sensitive information.
- Simplify the interface so that we later have room to include other privacy related features, like potentially opting out of targeted advertising
- Assume the user already knows what is being collected, or how a browser works
- Expose implementation level terminology (like cache)