Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL) <-- note new extension: x92 instead of x91!
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
Firefox 2.0.0.x / 3.0.x
- Firefox 188.8.131.52 and 3.0.4
- Shipping today at 3pm
- Aiming for major update in 2-3 weeks from today.
- Thunderbird 184.108.40.206
- Shipping to beta today
- Planned final release in one week
- Firefox 220.127.116.11 and 3.0.5
- Code freeze is Monday. Please work on your patches. :)
- Aiming for release in mid December after long QA period
- Locked/corrupted places.sqlite is starting to really dominate the weekly issues board.
- Most commonly caused by turning off the computer WITHOUT shutting down properly.
- tree now frozen and only open to blocking bugs, as well as a few
- release schedule is available online
- Still need a tikiwiki plugin patch, before we can start updating articles for 3.1 bug 457027
- Input: []
Firefox 3.0.4 with new locales coming out, out of beta for Islandic (is) and Thai (th).
New locales in beta are Bulgarian (bg), Welsh (cy), Esperanto (eo), Estonian (et), Latian (lv), Occitan (oc)
Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 with 52 locales coming up, see shipped-locales. There are a few locales we ship on 3.0.x without a beta on 3.1 so far, for various reasons.
- Our top critical tracking issues blocking Beta 2 test development:
- Fx3.1 Feature testing progress spreadsheet
- Testplan completion %: 86% (last week: 84%)
- Estimated testcases: 748 (last week: 752)
- Testcase completion %: 59% (last week: 56%)
- Targeted % by Beta 2 ship: Testplans 100% | Testcases 50%
- Targeted % by RC1 ship: Testplans 100% | Testcases 90%
- As always, Feature Testplans and progress [https://wiki.mozilla.org
- Tracking Topcrashes from beta 1 (ss)
- A list of 66 dependent bugs found here.
- QA/Support common issues For Firefox 3.1 work.
- FF3.0.4, FF18.104.22.168 done
- TB20.0.18 pushed to beta (just a few mins ago)
- FF3.1beta2 ... waiting for a "go". :-)
- Documentation is making good progress. Currently working on Element Traversal API.
- Added mktg strategies and tactics for endusers on launch messaging wiki, including list of pages that need to be updated on mozilla.com: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3.1/Messaging#End-user
- Seeking feedback for other pages that need to be updated / refreshed/ localized in support of 3.1 release