- 11:00am PDT (18:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 216 2181 (or +1 303 228 0514)
- join irc.mozilla.org #granparadiso for backchannel
- Gecko 1.9 Roundtable
- Firefox 3
- Any other business
Gecko 1.9 Roundtable
- Web Compatibility Followup
- Vlad talked briefly to Jay; nothing yet (Jay's out today)
- Set focused goals for priority items
- Add "Submit Feedback" menu item to Fx2? Too much clutter in Help menu already, not sure where to put that. Maybe link from some Firefox page (update page? new install page?).
- Fx3 Beta should have UI feedback buttons in each UI piece (dialog, major window, etc.) so that people can submit directed feedback about a particular UI. Non-client area.
- Fx startup time sucks due to sheer number of files we read; need to figure out what we can do there (preloading? use less files?). darin/brendan looking into it. Can improve fastload some (add XBL fastload? fix bryner's CSS fastload?).
- sherman: Fx3 goals/features discussion next week
- beltzner: focus on "what problems can we solve for the user", instead of "what new features can we have"; web browser is optimized for "rendering HTML", should focus on improving the way users do things with the browser.