General Firefox 1.5.0.x Test Plan
Identify bugs to be verified
- Triage fixed bugs and categorize
- Focus on security and critical bugs first
- Add "testcase" keyword for those bugs that have reproducible steps and/or attached testcase(s)
- Identify difficult to reproduce bugs that do not have a testcase
- add [need testcase] in status whiteboard.
- request more info from reporter, developer, or anyone interested in the bug
- Spot check "no verification necessary" bugs
- Usually internal architecture changes with no externally visible effects
- Quick code inspection and checkin verification with bonsai
Confidence metrics and sign-off requirements
- Security bug verifications: 100%
- Critical bug verifications: 100%
- Non-critical bug verifications will be done on a case by case basis, depending on developer feedback and community testing.
- MoCo QA is responsible for:
- Security and critical bug verifications
- Some non-critical bugs and special test cases
- Providing bug lists to the community and pointing people to the wiki page
- Mozilla Community tasks:
- Test and help verify fixes for non-security bugs
- Target markets and Mozilla partners:
- IBM for enterprise deployment functionality
- Mozilla Japan for jp-critical issues
- Smoke Tests
- BFT on all three platforms
- Java Script
- Top Sites (See FFT)
- Key extensions
- Gross memory usage
- Security Test Library tests
Plattform: Windows 2000 SP4 / XP SP2
- PASS for 1508 en-US Firefox Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20061023 Firefox/18.104.22.168, all tests passed, results in litmus
- PASS for Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20061024 Thunderbird/126.96.36.199 ID:2006102408
- PASS for version 188.8.131.52 (20061025) Tbird
- Test en-US after initial packaging.
- Test locales after locale packaing.
- More in depth testing of 5 locals using Litmus L10n tests (AKA Sara's checklist)
- basic install/version id checks
- L10n test matrix (add link here!)
- Axel's external L10n status and owner info
- Top 10 AMO extensions according to download numbers.
- Recommended sites
This is the testing of the partial and full update .mar files for the various locales once the main downloads are released.
- Mozilla QA Community Wiki - Please go here for all community related updates and activities.
We need to describe our configuration testing approach better. For now, we are generally testing these OS's:
- Windows XP
- MacOS 10.3, 10.4
- Linux Ferdora Core 4
But we need to consider our system requirements statements. I have seen at least three versions. Here is one: