Firefox:18.104.22.168:Test Plan:Software Update
2005 Software Updates
- Firefox 22.214.171.124rc2 Updates First Pass
- Firefox 126.96.36.199rc2 Updates after Update Regeneration (Second Pass)
- Firefox 188.8.131.52 Live Updates
- Thunderbird 184.108.40.206rc2 Updates
- Thunderbird 220.127.116.11rc2 LiveUpdates
Testing Partial, Complete, and Fallback Updates
To test partial, complete, and fallback updates:
- Partial: This refers to testing an update from the immediate last release, in this case going from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124.
- Complete: This is testing an update from an older version, say from 2.0 to 126.96.36.199 (because it downloads a 'complete' mar file).
- Fallback: For this you first get whatever update the usual way, but you don't apply it. Then you test that it can get fetch another copy of the update if something were to go wrong. You do this by:
- Checking for updates. Choose to apply later. Close application.
- Then go the /Mozilla Firefox/updates/0/ folder, in WinXP for instance. Inside you will find a file called 'update.status'.
- Open it with a text editor and replace the string from pending to 'failed'. Restar the app and make sure you get another copy of the update.