General Firefox 3.0.5 Test Plan
This is the basic set of tests we run for every security & maintenance release.
Description of Release
3.0.5 is a normal security release for Firefox.
Specific Test Plan for this Release
Nothing specific for this release.
- Ongoing: Waiting for Builds
This is an estimated schedule as a normal security release.
- Tree opens: 11/3
- Code freeze: 11/17 11:59pm
- QA starts: 11/18
- Thanksgiving holiday: 11/27 & 11/28
- Builds start: 12/1
- Smoketests: 12/3 - 12/4 - 3 people
- BFTs: 12/5 - 3 people
- l10n Testing: November 12/8 - 3 people
- Betatest & Beta Channel Testing: 12/9 - 3 people
- Release to beta channel: 12/9
- Update Build IDs on QA/Talkback/Build IDs: November 11
- Releasetest & Release Channel Testing: 12/16 - 3 people
- Final Release: 12/16
- Smoketests, BFT
- l10n Testing
- Betatest/Beta updates
- Releasetest/Release updates
|Firefox 3.0.5 Build 1|
When you verify the bug is fixed:
- If you test on Trunk, resolve it as VERIFIED FIXED
- If you test on 1.9.0.x branch, replace the fixed1.9.05 keyword with verified18.104.22.168
- Unverified Fixed Bugs for 3.0.5
- Verified Bugs for 3.0.5
- All Fixed and Verified Bugs for 3.0.5
- If you don't see an easy way to verify or need further clarification add a comment to the bug or add "[needs testcase]" (without quotes) to the bug's Status Whiteboard.
Target Bugs to Verify
Dependent Bugs to Verify