Firefox OS/TCP/Installing USB Drivers on Windows
The following instructions should work in Windows Vista and above.
- Download these drivers and extract them to your computer (your desktop is a good place).
- Ensure your tablet is powered up and connect it to your computer via USB cord
- Click your start button, right click on Computer, select Manage. Select Device Manager from the left pane.
- Windows 8 users use Windows Key + X followed by M
- In the list of devices, look for Android Fastboot or a category such as Other devices or Unknown USB devices - click the arrow to expand the list if it is not already.
- Right click on the Flatfish device and select Update Driver Software...
- Select Browse my computer for driver software
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- If you are presented with a screen asking you to select your devices type, select Show All devices and click Next.
- Click the Have Disk... button
- Click the Browse... button
- Browse to the folder where you saved the drivers, select the android_winusb file and click Open.
- Click OK
- Insure Android Composite ADB Interface is selected and click Next
- Windows 8 64 bit Users: If you receive an error that the hash file is not present, you will need to follow these instructions.
- If warned that Windows cannot verify that the drivers are compatible, click Yes to continue installation.
- When warned that the Publisher cannot be verified, click Install this driver software anyway (these drivers are safe).
- A message may inform you that you need to reboot your computer before the drivers can be used (if so, reboot).
You can now test that your tablet is detected by opening a command prompt and typing adb devices. This should list your device - likely as FLATFISH_123456.
You can also watch a how-to-video if you are unsure of the instructions above here (except in the video do not use the geeksphone driver but the one provided here).