Gaia/SMS/Scrum/2.2S14

From MozillaWiki
< Gaia‎ | SMS‎ | Scrum
Jump to: navigation, search

List of bugs

SMS issues handled by the SMS subteam (blocks the sprint bug 1169255)

Bugzilla link

ID Assigned to Summary Blocking b2g Feature-b2g Whiteboard Resolution
1162028 Oleg Zasypkin [:azasypkin][⏰UTC+1] [Messages][NG] Extract views/conversation/conversation.html --- [p(2.2S13)=1][p=3] FIXED
1168060 Julien Wajsberg [:julienw] [Flame][DSDS][Message]"Dial 12345 via" is displayed as heading at "Select SIM" view. --- [p=1] FIXED
1168441 Oleg Zasypkin [:azasypkin][⏰UTC+1] [Messages][NG] Implement ActivityShim --- [p=3] FIXED
1169150 Steve Chung [:steveck] [Messages][NGA] Add threads.js to our codebase with script could fetch/rename the lib easily --- [p=1] FIXED
1169541 Steve Chung [:steveck] [Messages] [NGA] Refine the thread query and move draft query/getThreads API into conversation service / messaging service --- DUPLICATE
1169543 Julien Wajsberg [:julienw] [Messages][NG] Create draft spec for the main services we need --- [p=1] FIXED
1169558 Julien Wajsberg [:julienw] [Messages][NG] Lay out Conversation service structure --- [p=1] FIXED
1169573 Steve Chung [:steveck] [Messages][NG] Lay out Messaging service structure --- [p(FxOS-S3)=2][p(2.2S14)=1] FIXED
1169576 Oleg Zasypkin [:azasypkin][⏰UTC+1] [Messages][NG] Implement Conversation service: method for streaming joined threads and drafts list --- [p(FxOS-S5)=3][p(FxOS-S4)=3][p(FxOS-S3)=3] FIXED
1171865 Steve Chung [:steveck] [Messages][NG] Layout mozMobileMessageShim structure --- [p=1] FIXED

10 Total; 0 Open (0%); 9 Resolved (90%); 1 Verified (10%);


Remaining points and burndown chart

google chart api url for Sprint 2.2S14

Burndown chart
Remaining points
Start 15
Day 2 14
Day 3 14
Day 4 13
Day 5 13
Day 6 13
Day 7 13
Day 8 12
Day 9 12
Day 10 9
Day 11 9
Day 12 9
Day 13 9
Day 14 5
End 4


SMS issues handled by the SMS subteam outside of the sprint (contains whiteboard "sms-sprint-2.2S14")

ID Assigned to Summary Blocking b2g Feature-b2g Whiteboard Resolution
1146393 Julien Wajsberg [:julienw] [Shinano][Aries] No attachment preview visible for pictures over 5MB --- [sms-most-wanted][Spark][sms-sprint-2.2S14] FIXED
1162030 Julien Wajsberg [:julienw] [Messages][NG] Figure out how navigation works --- [p(FxOS-S4)=2][p(FxOS-S3=3][p(2.2S13)=2][sms-sprint-2.2S14] FIXED
1168941 Oleg Zasypkin [:azasypkin][⏰UTC+1] [Messages] Conversation view is rendered incorrectly when user tries to send message from Participants view --- [sms-sprint-2.2S14] FIXED

3 Total; 0 Open (0%); 3 Resolved (100%); 0 Verified (0%);


All SMS issues tracked for this sprint (target milestone)

Bugzilla link

ID Assigned to Summary Blocking b2g Feature b2g Resolution
1168060 Julien Wajsberg [:julienw] [Flame][DSDS][Message]"Dial 12345 via" is displayed as heading at "Select SIM" view. --- --- FIXED
1168441 Oleg Zasypkin [:azasypkin][⏰UTC+1] [Messages][NG] Implement ActivityShim --- --- FIXED
1168941 Oleg Zasypkin [:azasypkin][⏰UTC+1] [Messages] Conversation view is rendered incorrectly when user tries to send message from Participants view --- --- FIXED
1169150 Steve Chung [:steveck] [Messages][NGA] Add threads.js to our codebase with script could fetch/rename the lib easily --- --- FIXED
1169255 SMS sprint 2.2S14 --- --- INCOMPLETE
1169543 Julien Wajsberg [:julienw] [Messages][NG] Create draft spec for the main services we need --- --- FIXED
1169558 Julien Wajsberg [:julienw] [Messages][NG] Lay out Conversation service structure --- --- FIXED
1169573 Steve Chung [:steveck] [Messages][NG] Lay out Messaging service structure --- --- FIXED
1171865 Steve Chung [:steveck] [Messages][NG] Layout mozMobileMessageShim structure --- --- FIXED

9 Total; 0 Open (0%); 8 Resolved (88.89%); 1 Verified (11.11%);


Sprint planning

Minutes are on a separate page.

Daily meetings

Day 2: 28th May

Steve

  • bug 1167495 [Messages][l10n] Fix file path changes in l10n xfail.list
    • I changed my mind to fix some l10n.get using in activity handler since it looks easy. Got some feedback from Oleg.
  • bug 1169150 - [Messages][NGA] Add threads.js to our codebase with script could fetch/rename the lib easily.
    • Add a script to download the lib and wrap up.
  • bug 1167144 - [Messages] Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • Found we have 2 parts(exclude the before enter) that might need to access the Threads(conversationService), will raise some question within the patch.

Today:

  • Create bug for loading threads/drafts together within conversationService, I might create another one for moving mozMobileMesage api into another service first.
  • Clean up the use of threads.active in conversation view
  • Some tasks for background if I have time
    • Fix the attachment menu for closing the option menu manually
    • gaia-component stuff
    • file loading in Template.js

Julien

Note: today I'm leaving the office around 4pm, and I'll be at a conference tomorrow.

  • had the planning meeting -- still haven't created the wiki, will do it this morning.
  • reviewed the contributor bug 1153885; simple bug but I had to test thoroughly all cases
  • reviewed oleg's patch in bug 1127398 to make some code simpler and easier to refactor later
  • had a meeting with vivien (will be weekly) to explain him what we're doing and what are our issues

Today: I want to:

  • put everything in the wiki and create bugs in bugzilla
  • create a PR with initial spec
  • finish the bug 1168060 about the sim picker translation issue

If all this moves forward well, I could:

  • continue the prototype caching the thread list to a single db (including contacts/drafts/etc).
  • I'd like to work on the deduplication logic for network alerts, it seems important for users (bug 1067938)

Oleg

Yesterday was hack-day, so not much done for SMS, excited by TypeScript :)

(Julien) the first time I saw TypeScript I was excited already ;)
(Oleg) Heh, I was excited more when I actually tried it :)
  • bug 1162027 - [Messages][New Gaia Architecture] extract inbox/index.html
    • Got r+, landed, it should also fix some issues that we had while running app in browser (landed).
  • bug 1162028 - [Messages][New Gaia Architecture] extract conversation/index.html
    • Moved activity service to a separate bug as was planned (no progress).
  • bug 1168441 - [Messages][NG] Implement ActivityService
    • Rebased and will rebase on Steve threads.js patch as well, will polish and add some spec related info (in progress).
  • bug 1127398 - [Messages] Display existing thread when sending a message using phone-number-/email-link context menu
    • Prepared PR, got review, extracted new part of PR to the bug below (in progress).
  • bug 1168941 - [Messages] Conversation view is rendered incorrectly when user tries to send message from Participants view
    • The bug we'll have once bug 1127398 is landed (no progress).

Other:

  • Left some feedback on Steve's l10n patch, really wondering if we should use

mozSetMessageHandlerPromise in our promisified system message handlers, but maybe not in this bug. Today:

  • Will handle review/feedback/need-info requests;
  • Will work on review comments and assigned bugs.

Day 3: 29th May

Steve

  • bug 1167495 [Messages][l10n] Fix file path changes in l10n xfail.list
    • Landed in master

bug 1169150 - [Messages][NGA] Add threads.js to our codebase with script could fetch/rename the lib easily.

    • Get some feedback and updated
  • bug 1167144 - [Messages] Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • No new progress yet
  • bug 1169541 - [Messages] [NGA] Refine the thread query and move draft query/getThreads API into conversation service / messaging service
    • Create a bug for refine the interface for thread query. Not sure if we need messaging service/conversation service bug ready first.

Today:

  • Start to investigate the first version of the api for query thread
  • Clean up the use of threads.active in conversation view
  • Review Oleg's patch for conversation markup splitting
  • Some tasks for background if I have time
    • Fix the attachment menu for closing the option menu manually
    • gaia-component stuff
    • file loading in Template.js

Julien

  • Absent/no report

Oleg

  • bug 1162028 - [Messages][New Gaia Architecture] extract conversation/index.html
    • Proposed monkey patch that IMO can save us some time until we know for sure how navigation will be changed/refactored (awaiting feedback).
  • bug 1168441 - [Messages][NG] Implement ActivityService
    • Rebased and the latest master and resolved conflicts. Waiting for bridge.js before asking for review (ready for review, waiting for dependency).
  • bug 1127398 - [Messages] Display existing thread when sending a message using phone-number-/email-link context menu
    • Fixed review comments and got r+, landed (landed).
  • bug 1168941 - [Messages] Conversation view is rendered incorrectly when user tries to send message from Participants view
    • Rebased on the latest master, ready for review (ready for review, will ask later).

Other:

  • Reviewed Steve's l10n patch;
  • Reviewed Steve's bridge.js patch;
  • Spent some time to understand why I couldn't run integration tests locally for some time already - turned out its problem in my new Ubuntu Gnome 15 installation (b2g wasn't run) - xhost +local: solved the problem.

Today:

  • Will create bugs for the sprint;
  • Will handle review/feedback/need-info requests;
  • Will work on review comments and assigned bugs.

Day 4: 1st June

Steve

  • bug 1169150 - [Messages][NGA] Add threads.js to our codebase with script could fetch/rename the lib easily.
    • R+ and need to move out the script from tool to sms root for bower component
  • bug 1169541 - [Messages] [NGA] Refine the thread query and move draft query/getThreads API into conversation service / messaging service
    • Ongoing, but will land the messaging service layout first for getThreads(or necessity of this api in messaging or conversation service)
  • bug 1169573 - [Messages][NG] Lay out Messaging service structure
    • Will give a patch for simply layout today. Basically the API is almost the same with getThreads/getMessages kept inside. We can discuss if we really need this in the bug
  • bug 1167144 - [Messages] Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • No new progress yet

Today:

  • Land bridge lib today
  • Give a patch for messaging service and start to investigate the first version of the api for query thread
  • Clean up the use of threads.active in conversation view
  • Review Oleg's patch for conversation markup splitting
  • Some tasks for background if I have time
    • Fix the attachment menu for closing the option menu manually
    • gaia-component stuff
    • file loading in Template.js

Julien

  • received my Aries so I learnt how to flash it - now I need to decide if I want master for dogfood ;)
  • I had a look at how exiftran rotates jpeg images losslessly for bug 1169055 (I left links there if you want to have a look)
  • thought a little in bug 1146393: we should put the limit higher now that we use moz-sample-size - maybe 10MB is good? That would be really not risky (unless the limit is too high).
  • quickly reviewed bug 1127398 that refactors how forward/activity work
  • finished bug 1168060 - latest patch is really simple ;)
  • quickly reviewed bug 1169150 from Steve about the shell script to add threads.js - sorry to be picky ;)
  • added some information in bug 1040874 for a contributor to pick it up
  • in the train, rebased the db experiment with latest master to make it easier to look at: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/28681 (even if it's not in the sprint, I think it's good to at least keep it current); I think i'll work on it little more during transports.

Today: I want to:

  • look at bugs Oleg created for the sprint, make sure everything is in order (I'm sure it is ! ;) )
  • create a PR with initial spec so that we can discuss on it
  • do asked reviews/needinfo
  • I'll maybe do a simple patch for bug 1146393 for spark now that people dogfood.
  • pick a bug for the sprint

If all this moves forward well, I could:

  • continue the prototype caching the thread list to a single db (including contacts/drafts/etc).
  • I'd like to work on the deduplication logic for network alerts, it seems important for users (bug 1067938)

Oleg

  • bug 1162028 - [Messages][New Gaia Architecture] extract conversation/index.html
    • No progress, just rebased on the top of updated dependency patch (awaiting feedback).
  • bug 1168441 - [Messages][NG] Implement ActivityService
    • Rebased on Steve's bridge PR and made necessary changes + simplified patch. Waiting for bridge.js before asking for review (ready for review, waiting for dependency).
  • bug 1168941 - [Messages] Conversation view is rendered incorrectly when user tries to send message from Participants view
    • Rebased on the latest master, ready for review (ready for review, will ask later).

Other:

  • Discussed with Steve services we'd like to implement and filed necessary bugs.
    (Julien) do you have the result somewhere?
    (Oleg) On IRC history only :) I can copy and paste it somewhere if you can't recover history
    (Julien) OK I think I'll be able to look at it then - the result will be in the README anyway :)

Today:

  • Will handle review/feedback/need-info requests;
  • Will work on review comments and assigned bugs.

Day 5: 2nd June

Steve

bug 1169150 - [Messages][NGA] Add threads.js to our codebase with script could fetch/rename the lib easily.

    • Landed in master, hope it could do some help if you worked on threads already. Yep!
  • bug 1169541 - [Messages] [NGA] Refine the thread query and move draft query/getThreads API into conversation service / messaging service
    • waiting for the clear picture about service draft spec
  • bug 1169573 - [Messages][NG] Lay out Messaging service structure
    • Create a patch for wrapping the current message manager. But we definitely need conclusion in bug 1169543 first.
  • Gave some idea about the spec draft, and explain why I prefer only one wrapper for APIs
  • bug 1167144 - [Messages] Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • No new progress yet

Today:

  • Give some early feedback about Oleg's patch for splitting part(Sorry for the late, I think I could simply give some feedback in extracting part first before we reach any confirm answer about the spec and activity service)
  • Maybe start to give some early thought about loading threads.
  • Clean up the use of threads.active in conversation view
  • Some tasks for background if I have time
    • Fix the attachment menu for closing the option menu manually
    • gaia-component stuff
    • file loading in Template.js

Julien

  • had a quick look at bugs created for the sprint.
  • created a PR for the spec proposal in bug 1169543
  • reviewed bug 1168941 to fix a regression introduced by the activity/forward refactoring
  • reviewed bug 1168441 about ActivityService -- especially asked a question about future architecture
  • had a first look to the MessagingService Layout (bug 1169573) but this depends a lot of the spec first...

Others:

  • Discussed with Oleg about future architecture around system messages
  • Discussed with Vivien about navigation transitions and also system messages, to know the approximate timeline. (My view here is that we should focus on our problems first, even if that means the app won't be 100% functional yet. If we can overcome easily current issues, then let's do it, but otherwise we can leave other teams...)

Today: I want to:

  • do asked reviews/needinfo
  • I'll maybe do a simple patch for bug 1146393 for spark now that people dogfood.
  • pick a bug for the sprint

If all this moves forward well, I could:

  • continue the prototype caching the thread list to a single db (including contacts/drafts/etc).
  • I'd like to work on the deduplication logic for network alerts, it seems important for users (bug 1067938)

Oleg

  • bug 1162028 - [Messages][New Gaia Architecture] extract conversation/index.html
    • While waiting for feedback playing with real links to navigate between views, works but slow, will experiment more :) (awaiting feedback).
    (Julien) I presume you're working with HTTP and especially the httpd plugin (or another development based httpd server) ?
    (Oleg) I mean it feels slow because it loads all js/css files once again (shouldn't it be cached?). Will check what makes me to feel like this.
    (Julien) I'm asking if you use HTTP because our HTTP development servers disable cache by design :) for example when I use the python "SimpleHTTPServer" requests themselves are really slow, and it feels slow, but it won't be the same on device :)
    (Oleg) I just use firefox -p profile-debug
    (Julien) ok, so this one is less slow but it still disables cache (I did the code to disable cache :p), it has "Expires: -1" headers on all responses.
    (Oleg) :) No worries, it doesn't make development hard for me :)
    (Julien) yeah, I just wanted to relativize :D Maybe you can start implementing a caching serviceworker using Francisco's lib :)
    (Oleg) Yep, had this thought :) Would like to try
  • bug 1168441 - [Messages][NG] Implement ActivityService
    • Rebased on master, retested that everything works as before, got first review comments and replied with my vision on the future of this (in review).
      (Julien) OK, will read soon then ;)
      (Oleg) Thanks! Replied with what I had in my head right after sleep :)
  • bug 1168941 - [Messages] Conversation view is rendered incorrectly when user tries to send message from Participants view
    • Asked for review, got r+, rebased and wasn't able to land yesterday due to closed tree, retried again today (almost landed).

Other:

  • Left some feedback on Julien's spec PR;
  • Some discussion with Johan about mock storage.

Today:

  • Will experiment further to see if we can make startup js more modular (to not lazily load files we don't need for separate views) and will try more with real links to navigate.
    (Julien) I had a first not-working WIP using "async" scripts --- I wonder if it would be easier now that we have less JS files in each HTML file. (just a thought)
    (Oleg) Can I read/see your idea just to better understand it?
    (Julien) nothing more than adding "async" in the "script" elements: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/compare/master...julienw:experiment-async-scripts#diff-56289627d91906a9c3b0f834ef19f514R55
    (Oleg) Ah, I see, ok thanks!
  • Will handle review/feedback/need-info requests;
  • Will work on review comments and assigned bugs.

Day 6: 3rd June

Steve

  • bug 1169541 - [Messages] [NGA] Refine the thread query and move draft query/getThreads API into conversation service / messaging service
    • waiting for the clear picture about service draft spec
  • bug 1169573 - [Messages][NG] Lay out Messaging service structure
    • Create a patch for wrapping the current message manager. But we definitely need conclusion in bug 1169543 first.
  • Reviewed markup extract part.
  • Reading the comment from spec drafts.
  • bug 1167144 - [Messages] Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • No new progress yet

Today:

  • Reviewing the activity service, just have one question for the overall structure, will look deeper then.
  • Give some early thought about loading threads.
  • Clean up the use of threads.active in conversation view
  • Some tasks for background if I have time
    • Fix the attachment menu for closing the option menu manually
    • gaia-component stuff
    • file loading in Template.js

Julien

(Oleg) Sounds interesting! Looks like we need Cross Origin SW for this?
(Julien) I don't think so, because Gecko would have a role of proxy here.
(Steve) It's a really interesting thought :)
(Julien) Thanks ! there are perf implications though, as Andrew said ;) will see if this gives something...

Others:

  • tried b2gdroid on my old Android phone (that I had to update)
(Oleg) I was actually able to run from the second try, sms crashes it :) Submitted bug. I'm also wondering if we tried to add "native" support for FxOS into MultiRom app as Ubuntu Touch did.
(Julien) yeah I think it uses directly mozMobileMessaging Android implementation -- and I think this is mostly untested these days
  • tried also WebIDE with Firefox Nightly on Android and Chrome on Android -- but couldn't make it work with iOS

Today: I want to:

  • do asked reviews/needinfo
  • I'll maybe do a simple patch for bug 1146393 for spark now that people dogfood.
  • pick a bug for the sprint

If all this moves forward well, I could:

  • continue the prototype caching the thread list to a single db (including contacts/drafts/etc).
  • I'd like to work on the deduplication logic for network alerts, it seems important for users (bug 1067938)

Oleg

Not really productive day, but it's ok assuming how much things we have to discuss and sort out :)

  • bug 1162028 - [Messages][New Gaia Architecture] extract conversation/index.html
    • Got feedback from Steve (awaiting feedback);
    • Moved forward with "modular startup" so that we not lazy load files in separated views that we don't need, it's in WIP stage, bug you can check https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/30381 to see what's happening (in progress).
  • bug 1168441 - [Messages][NG] Implement ActivityService
    • Intensive discussion about activity service and its future with Julien (in review).
    • Let's continue discussion today on IRC.
  • bug 1168941 - [Messages] Conversation view is rendered incorrectly when user tries to send message from Participants view
    • Added checkin-needed for the sheriffs to land (almost landed).

Other:

  • More discussion around service spec.

Today:

  • Will handle review/feedback/need-info requests;
  • Will work on review comments and assigned bugs.

Day 7: 4th June

Steve

  • bug 1169541 - [Messages] [NGA] Refine the thread query and move draft query/getThreads API into conversation service / messaging service
    • waiting for the clear picture about service draft spec
  • bug 1169573 - [Messages][NG] Lay out Messaging service structure
    • Ongoing with the original message manager/drafts/threads module version
  • Reviewed markup extract part.
  • Reply some though about spec drafts.
  • bug 1167144 - [Messages] Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • No new progress yet

Today:

  • Reviewing the activity service, just have one question for the overall structure, will look deeper then.
  • Give some early thought about loading threads.
  • Clean up the use of threads.active in conversation view
  • Some tasks for background if I have time
    • Fix the attachment menu for closing the option menu manually
    • gaia-component stuff
    • file loading in Template.js

Julien

Note: I'll be at the Best Of Web conference tomorrow. I plan to work during that day (between breaks) but I won't be able to attend the standup.

  • continued discussion about bug 1168441 about ActivityService
  • spent some time during transport to have a working navigation with several-views-in-one-panel working (like we'll have for some time). I'm not taking transitions into account to keep this simple. Not pushed yet.

Today: I want to:

  • do asked reviews/needinfo
  • update and finish the spec
  • I'll maybe do a simple patch for bug 1146393 for spark now that people dogfood.
  • pick another bug for the sprint

If all this moves forward well, I could:

  • continue the prototype caching the thread list to a single db (including contacts/drafts/etc).
  • I'd like to work on the deduplication logic for network alerts, it seems important for users (bug 1067938)

Oleg

  • bug 1162028 - [Messages][New Gaia Architecture] extract conversation/index.html
    • Prepared one more PR with another option to solve this bug so that you can compare (awaiting feedback).
  • bug 1168441 - [Messages][NG] Implement ActivityService
    • More discussion on that. Julien confirmed with Etienne that we'll eventually have to support multiple Messages inline activities at the same time. So we decided to add support for this in activity service (the simplest option to just suffix service name with "app-id" so that every inline activity instance has its unique service-client pair). Will handle this today (in progress, awaiting feedback).
(Steve) hmm, maybe we can handle multiple activity in another follow up? Since it's not supported yet.
(Julien) yeah, I don't want to fully support it now but I don't want things to break badly once they start implementing it. Well I don't know, I don't want to block progress just for this either.
(Oleg) As you guys wish, change should be really simple.
  • bug 1168941 - [Messages] Conversation view is rendered incorrectly when user tries to send message from Participants view
    • Landed (landed).

Other:

Today:

  • Will handle review/feedback/need-info requests;
  • Will work on review comments and assigned bugs.

Day 8: 5th June

Steve

  • bug 1169541 - [Messages] [NGA] Refine the thread query and move draft query/getThreads API into conversation service / messaging service
    • Rework on the draft for messaging service and shim
  • bug 1169573 - [Messages][NG] Lay out Messaging service structure
    • Ongoing with the original message manager/drafts/threads module version
  • Reply some though about controller. BTW do we really need put every API into shim? And how about Settings? Could we use API in controller directly?
(Oleg) "BTW do we really need put every API into shim?" Honestly I think we should use rational judgment here, use shims where it's really needed, not sure if we need both shim and service for settings
(Steve) Yeah I understand we use shim because we need for certain limitation, but for the the message API, will we move every API in message shim? or we just move the API that needed in worker. But isn't it confusing if only part of messaging api inside the shim and some API in controller?
(Oleg) as for MobileMessagingShim I think it should be the single entry point for all mozMobileMessaging API methods, I suspect the main (only?) consumers of this shim will be MessagingService and ConversationService that live in a SharedWorker? - we can discuss on IRC as well :)
  • bug 1167144 - [Messages] Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • No new progress yet, move to wish list first

Today:

  • Reviewing the activity service, just have one question for the overall structure, will look deeper then.
  • Give some early thought about loading threads.
  • Clean up the use of threads.active in conversation view
  • Some tasks for background if I have time
    • Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • Fix the attachment menu for closing the option menu manually
    • gaia-component stuff
    • file loading in Template.js

Julien

  • No updates, but Julien is still with us today :)

Oleg

  • bug 1162028 - [Messages][New Gaia Architecture] extract conversation/index.html
    • No updated on the PR since yesterday, only rebased on the latest dependency PRs (awaiting feedback).
    • Pushed my experimental branch with navigation.js shim and updated manifest so that you can try to navigate between inbox and conversation documents on device or in browser.
  • bug 1168441 - [Messages][NG] Implement ActivityService
    • More discussion on that. Updated PR according to the latest comments (in review).

Other:

  • In the meantime started experiments with SW and ServiceWorkerWare, it looks like it's quite unstable with app:// (doesn't work sometimes, crashing, profile is broken after one session with SW). Wanted to file bugs, but looking at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1171651 - we may not need app:// anymore since http served packages are landed.
  • Built B2G with Tim's patch to see the problem (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1171387), found out that switching from "tap" to "click" fixes integration tests. To me it seems more like Marionette problem since "tap" action consists of several consequent actions (mousedown, mouseup - but not sure, haven't dig into that code yet).
  • Finished reviewing of service spec draft.
  • Ignite meeting.

Today:

  • Will handle review/feedback/need-info requests;
  • Will work on review comments and assigned bugs.

Day 9: 8th June

Steve

  • bug 1169541 - [Messages] [NGA] Refine the thread query and move draft query/getThreads API into conversation service / messaging service
    • No progress
  • bug 1169573 - [Messages][NG] Lay out Messaging service structure
    • pended by mozMobileMessageShim
  • bug 1171865 - [Messages][NG] Layout mozMobileMessageShim structure
    • Create a shim for pure mozMobileMessage API, might not contain controller for message API in this patch.

Today:

  • Finish the reviewing for activity service
  • Give some early thought about loading threads.
  • Some tasks for background if I have time
    • Clean up the use of threads.active in conversation view
    • Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • Fix the attachment menu for closing the option menu manually
    • gaia-component stuff
    • file loading in Template.js

Julien

Couldn't do as much as I wanted during the conference. I'm glad it's finished as I really want to focus this week...

  • handled last comments for bug 1169543 (initial spec for services) and landed
  • reviewed simple bug 1162040 that adds localized aria label -- I proposed other strings but otherwise this is a good addition.
  • reviewed bug 1171474 (removing old linter)
  • reviewed very simple bug 1164123 (the theme studio also change the statusbar color when changing the app's header)
  • I had a first look on bug 1168441 (Activity"Service"), didn't find any obvious flaw in the code, but I want to try on the device :)

Today: I want to:

  • do asked reviews/feedbacks asap
  • I'll maybe do a simple patch for bug 1146393 for spark now that people dogfood.
  • pick another bug for the sprint

If all this moves forward well, I could:

  • continue the prototype caching the thread list to a single db (including contacts/drafts/etc).
  • I'd like to work on the deduplication logic for network alerts, it seems important for users (bug 1067938)

Oleg

  • bug 1162028 - [Messages][New Gaia Architecture] extract conversation/index.html
    • No updates (awaiting feedback).
  • bug 1168441 - [Messages][NG] Implement ActivityService
    • No updates (in review).

Other:

  • More experiments on ServiceWorkerWare (StaticCacher and SimpleOfflineCache), Nightly was crashing if you try to restart it with the same profile if SW registration occurred (reported to :baku, seems fixed now), the rest looked fine on Fx Desktop, on device with app:// protocol - nothing worked except SW registration - white screen with endless fetch events and nothing else, device was not able to load after reboot (likely the same problem with profile as nightly, will check today), "unregister SW" button in developer settings didn't work - will report.
  • Reviewed simple patch for "bug 1171387 - With bug 1162360, Gij messagesApp.send(); fails because it taps the button while the keyboard slides away".
  • Reviewed patch for "bug 1168118 - Migrate test_sms_contact_input_validation.py to Gij".
  • Roughly checked event sequence we have when we tap on button for "bug 1171950 - Make sure the send button always trigger when it slides away with the keyboard". Want to check what event target is used when we tap between send button and message input so that button doesn't receive any events, but keyboard is hidden.
  • Filed "bug 1172006 - [Messages][NG] Use Notification ServiceWorker API" since I see the work on Notification ServiceWorker API is in progress right now.

Today:

  • Will try to see how we can leverage "view in iframe" when app is run as inline activity.
  • Will handle review/feedback/need-info requests;
  • Will work on review comments and assigned bugs.

Day 10: 9th June

Steve

  • bug 1169541 - [Messages] [NGA] Refine the thread query and move draft query/getThreads API into conversation service / messaging service
    • No progress
  • bug 1169573 - [Messages][NG] Lay out Messaging service structure
    • pended by mozMobileMessageShim
  • bug 1171865 - [Messages][NG] Layout mozMobileMessageShim structure
    • Get some feedback and add unit test. About the cloning the DOM object, it seems not a easy task for gecko and we might need to clone it and wrap with pure js object by ourselves at first.

Today:

  • Create a complete API shim patch for review
  • Give some early thought about loading threads.
  • Some tasks for background if I have time
    • Clean up the use of threads.active in conversation view
    • Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • Fix the attachment menu for closing the option menu manually
    • gaia-component stuff
    • file loading in Template.js

Julien

Today: I want to:

  • do asked reviews/feedbacks asap
  • I'll maybe do a simple patch for bug 1146393 for spark now that people dogfood.
  • pick another bug for the sprint

If all this moves forward well, I could:

  • continue the prototype caching the thread list to a single db (including contacts/drafts/etc).
  • I'd like to work on the deduplication logic for network alerts, it seems important for users (bug 1067938)

Oleg

Other:

  • Left feedback for the Steve's MobileMessageShim;
  • Read through new manager-less Threads/Bridge proposal from Wilson (https://github.com/gaia-components/threads/issues/39)+ described how the things are going with bridge for us currently.
  • Investigated how SimpleOfflineCache works - raised some concern in https://github.com/gaia-components/serviceworkerware/issues/22.
  • Nightly is somewhat fixed (still about:serviceworkers work incorrectly). Started to look into StaticCacher - thing thing puts all specified files into offline cache on SW install - we may need something that will automatically create this file on build so that we avoid manual editing of this list.
    (Julien) I don't know if we need this? Well I really don't know, let's discuss another time not now :)
    (Oleg) Yep, not now :)
  • Started to think how we're going to optimize scripts for separated views - currently we merge a bunch of scripts into one, but now we have several views that require different set of files on startup and it's not clear how CustomizationCache can replace resources on per-file basis if we have on monolithic file. Or maybe with service worker caches we don't need to merge files anymore.. need to measure - currently I see (maybe I'm wrong) SW process every fetch request in a sequential order
    (Julien) on the web, we use a timestamp to distinguish 2 different concatenated files. Maybe we should just do this here.
    (Oleg) Yep for concatenated files, but I'm wondering if we need to concatenate them now, when we don't have network round trip.
    (Julien) we never had a network round trip :D but this is the sort of things that we need to measure from time to time -- when we measured back at the time, we saw that it was faster that way, but maybe it's not the case anymore with SW.
    (Oleg) need to ask "toolkit" team if they measured or have plans for this already.

Today:

  • Will handle review/feedback/need-info requests;
  • Will work on review comments and assigned bugs.

Day 11: 10th June

Steve

  • Off-site training today
  • bug 1169541 - [Messages] [NGA] Refine the thread query and move draft query/getThreads API into conversation service / messaging service
    • No progress
  • bug 1169573 - [Messages][NG] Lay out Messaging service structure
    • pended by mozMobileMessageShim
  • bug 1171865 - [Messages][NG] Layout mozMobileMessageShim structure
    • Update the patch based on feedback.

Today:

  • Create a complete API shim patch for review
  • Give some early thought about loading threads.
  • Some tasks for background if I have time
    • Clean up the use of threads.active in conversation view
    • Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • Fix the attachment menu for closing the option menu manually
    • gaia-component stuff
    • file loading in Template.js

Julien

  • finished review in bug 1162040 (accessibility improvement)
  • reviewed Oleg's work in bug 1168441 (Activity Shim)
  • reviewed Gandalf's migation to l10n v3 in bug 1171206 (huge work !)
  • wrote a small patch for bug 1146393 so that images taken in Aries can have a thumbnail
  • thought there was an issue with thread loading (bug 1172896) but this is only how it looks like -- I'll see if I can do something quick about it
  • filed meta bug for NGA: bug 1172906

Others:

  • fixed an issue in the reference workload script (bug 1172864) so that the master script work with older versions + better clean up when we run it on top of an existing DB

Today: I want to:

  • do asked reviews/feedbacks asap; goal is to load the conversation split today ! ;)
  • pick another bug for the sprint

If all this moves forward well, I could:

  • continue the prototype caching the thread list to a single db (including contacts/drafts/etc).
  • I'd like to work on the deduplication logic for network alerts, it seems important for users (bug 1067938)

Oleg

It was "struggling with issues" day :)

  • bug 1162028 - [Messages][New Gaia Architecture] extract conversation/index.html
    • No updates, will rebase both PRs on the latest master and incorporate aria-label changes that landed in the meantime (awaiting feedback).
  • bug 1168441 - [Messages][NG] Implement ActivityService
    • Fixed review comments, renamed files to be in line with what we agreed to do for view controllers, got r+ and landed, yay! (landed).

Other:

  • Helped Johan to find typo in his integration test PR -https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/30236#issuecomment-110438557;
  • Tried to setup forwarding in SW (views/new_message/index.html to views/conversation/index.html), but it didn't work and crashed the browser - prepared test case and filed "bug 1172884 - Synthesized permanent redirected response crashes browser";
  • Tried to figure out with Fernando why Message app with ServiceWorker registration doesn't work in b2g using app:// protocol. Created simplified test app to make easier to spot the issue for Fernando: https://github.com/azasypkin/sw-tests/tree/master/fxos-app.
  • Discussed our threads/bridge experience with Wilson (https://github.com/gaia-components/threads/issues/40 that will help us to remove setTimeout in ActivityShim) and added comments into simplified threads proposal.
  • Soooo, working with SW is a bit tough without good tooling (no way to see if request came from SW, no debug support), in Chrome it's much better :(
    (Julien) Yeah, Vivien worked in Chrome initially... I don't know if our app works in Chrome (with all experimental flags on :) )
    (Oleg) Main blocker is that they don't support arrow functions at all even in experimental features.. I'm following their impl bug for that. It's in progress :)
    (Julien) grrrr ;) and we started using template strings too. I remember that in 2013 I advocated against using any feature that was not supported in Chrome yet, for exactly this reason... but then I stopped because arrow functions are just too good :p
    (Oleg) I think we can leverage Babel somehow. Yeah, arrows are sooooo goood :)
    (Julien) yeah maybe !

Today:

  • Will handle review/feedback/need-info requests;
  • Will work on review comments and assigned bugs.

Day 12: 11th June

Steve

  • Off-site training today
  • bug 1169541 - [Messages] [NGA] Refine the thread query and move draft query/getThreads API into conversation service / messaging service
    • No progress
  • bug 1169573 - [Messages][NG] Lay out Messaging service structure
    • pended by mozMobileMessageShim
  • bug 1171865 - [Messages][NG] Layout mozMobileMessageShim structure
    • Add unit test for another round of review.

Today:

  • Create a complete API shim patch for review
  • Give some early thought about loading threads.
  • Some tasks for background if I have time
    • Clean up the use of threads.active in conversation view
    • Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • Fix the attachment menu for closing the option menu manually
    • gaia-component stuff
    • file loading in Template.js

Julien

  • reviewed Oleg's work in bug 1162028 (Conversation split)
  • reviewed Oleg's work in bug 1168441 (Activity Shim)
  • reviewed a littlle more Gandalf's migation to l10n v3 in bug 1171206
  • still waiting for review in bug 1146393 -- Oleg, maybe you can look at it if Steve is away?
(Oleg) Sure you can ping me if Steve is away, but it seems I've seen him on etherpad few mins ago :) Oh and see now!
(Steve) Sorry will review it today :/ I forgot to tell you about the offsite training yesterday and I'll try to finish it despite there are tons of meetings right here...
(Julien) perfect then :D it's really a small patch

Others:

  • fixed an issue in the reference workload script (bug 1172864) so that the master script work with older versions + better clean up when we run it on top of an existing DB

Today: I want to:

  • do asked reviews/feedbacks asap; still goal is to load the conversation split today ! ;)
  • pick another bug for the sprint

If all this moves forward well, I could:

  • continue the prototype caching the thread list to a single db (including contacts/drafts/etc).
  • I'd like to work on the deduplication logic for network alerts, it seems important for users (bug 1067938)

Oleg

  • bug 1162028 - [Messages][New Gaia Architecture] extract conversation/index.html
    • Rebased on master and uplifted newly introduced changes in index.html to conversation/index.html. Received first feedback, preparing patch for review (awaiting feedback, in progress).
  • bug 1172902 - [Messages][NG] Use SimpleOfflineCache to cache all app resources
    • Provided WIP patch so that we can see how it looks and works (waiting for dependencies).
    • As the result of investigation problems with app://, Fernando filed "bug 1173539 - 3rd party packaged apps controlled by a service worker do not load properly"

Other:

  • Reviewed "bug 1168118 - Migrate test_sms_contact_input_validation.py to Gij", but some tests were failing for me locally, so deferred r+ for today once I make sure what's going on;
  • Tried to setup forwarding in SW (views/new_message/index.html to views/conversation/index.html), but it didn't work and crashed the browser - prepared test case and filed "bug 1172884 - Synthesized permanent redirected response crashes browser";
  • Quickly tried to use Babel with Messages to run it in Chrome to have Chrome's SW tools - but without much success :) So "not now" :)

Today:

  • Will handle review/feedback/need-info requests;
  • Will work on review comments and assigned bugs.

Day 13: 12th June

Steve

  • bug 1169541 - [Messages] [NGA] Refine the thread query and move draft query/getThreads API into conversation service / messaging service
    • Will take a look for the Conversation service layout in bug 1169558 first and decide whether I should start the pending on this patch or not.
  • bug 1169573 - [Messages][NG] Lay out Messaging service structure
    • Restart this one based on mozMobileMessageShim
  • bug 1171865 - [Messages][NG] Layout mozMobileMessageShim structure
    • Request another round of review with unit test.

Today:

  • Review markup splitting patch and feedback for conversation service layout.
  • Give some early thought about loading threads.
  • Some tasks for background if I have time
    • Clean up the use of threads.active in conversation view
    • Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • Fix the attachment menu for closing the option menu manually
    • gaia-component stuff
    • file loading in Template.js

Julien

  • reviewed Oleg's work in bug 1162028 (Conversation split)
  • reviewed Gandalf's migation to l10n v3 in bug 1171206; spent especially a lot of time to build b2g locally because it triggered an issue in Gecko -- but I couldn't reproduce after building locally. So if you see weird issues after this land ("too much recursion" then random errors then nothing works) this could be it.
    • (Oleg) I see "too much recursion" in Conversation unit tests :) But it's probably not related :D
      (Julien) yeah it's not landed yet :p
      (Steve) What kind of "weird issue" could be reproduced after this patch landed?
      (Julien) just what I said in the parenthesis: nothing works after launching, and "too much recursion" error which comes likely from Gecko.
  • landed bug 1146393 (increased the limit for thumbnail display)
  • produced a first patch for the ConversationService layout (bug 1169558) - waiting for feedback
  • spent more time on the navigation because other bugs are now blocked; will likely continue today, trying to add it to the SMS app. \0/

Today: I want to:

  • do asked reviews, especially the Conversation split.
  • move forward navigation
  • pick another bug for the sprint

If all this moves forward well, I could:

  • continue the prototype caching the thread list to a single db (including contacts/drafts/etc).
  • I'd like to work on the deduplication logic for network alerts, it seems important for users (bug 1067938)

Oleg

  • bug 1162028 - [Messages][New Gaia Architecture] extract conversation/index.html
    • Created unit tests for all affected/new parts, fixed review comments, updated build file to get rid of mocks from separated index files and asked for review (in review).
  • bug 1172902 - [Messages][NG] Use SimpleOfflineCache to cache all app resources
    • Investigated one more stopper to run SW based app in b2g, filed a bug for Fernando "bug 1174078 - Calling "fetch" inside Service Worker's "onfetch" handler in b2g causes "onfetch" again that leads to an infinite loop";
    • Francisco provided Bower support for SWW lib, so we can update our "lib updating" shell script to update SWW as well.
      (Steve) Will do it once I have time
      (Oleg) Good! No hurry here :)

Other:

  • Reviewed "bug 1168118 - Migrate test_sms_contact_input_validation.py to Gij", r+'ed;

Today:

  • Will handle review/feedback/need-info requests;
  • Will work on review comments and assigned bugs.

Day 14: 15th June

Steve

  • bug 1169541 - [Messages] [NGA] Refine the thread query and move draft query/getThreads API into conversation service / messaging service
  • bug 1169573 - [Messages][NG] Lay out Messaging service structure
    • Restart this one based on mozMobileMessageShim, ongoing.
  • bug 1171865 - [Messages][NG] Layout mozMobileMessageShim structure
    • Got some feedback and polishing the unit test.
  • Create a bug for adding the service worker mediator lib into script

Today:

  • Review markup splitting patch and feedback for conversation service layout.
  • Give some early thought about loading threads.
  • Some tasks for background if I have time
    • Clean up the use of threads.active in conversation view
    • Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • Fix the attachment menu for closing the option menu manually
    • gaia-component stuff
    • file loading in Template.js

Oleg

One more "Day of reviews" :)

  • bug 1162028 - [Messages][New Gaia Architecture] extract conversation/index.html
    • Fixed last Julien's comments
  • bug 1172902 - [Messages][NG] Use SimpleOfflineCache to cache all app resources
    • No progress so far.

Other:

  • Reviewed "bug 1169558 - [Messages][NG] Lay out Conversation service structure";
  • Reviewed "bug 1171865 - [Messages][NG] Layout mozMobileMessageShim structure";
  • Reviewed "bug 1174062 - Use click() for attachButton too";
  • Commented on Wilson simplification proposal;

Today:

  • Will handle review/feedback/need-info requests;
  • Will work on review comments and assigned bugs.

Julien

  • In PTO

Day 15: 16th June

Steve

  • bug 1169541 - [Messages] [NGA] Refine the thread query and move draft query/getThreads API into conversation service / messaging service
  • bug 1169573 - [Messages][NG] Lay out Messaging service structure
    • Restart this one based on mozMobileMessageShim, ongoing.
  • bug 1171865 - [Messages][NG] Layout mozMobileMessageShim structure
    • Another round of polishing.
  • bug 1175045 - [Messages][NGA] Add serviceworkerware to our codebase and update the script for external lib
    • Create a bug for update the lib and script

Today:

  • Review markup splitting patch and feedback for conversation service layout.
  • Give some early thought about loading threads.
  • Some tasks for background if I have time
    • Clean up the use of threads.active in conversation view
    • Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • Fix the attachment menu for closing the option menu manually
    • gaia-component stuff
    • file loading in Template.js

Oleg

  • bug 1162028 - [Messages][New Gaia Architecture] extract conversation/index.html
    • Fixed last Julien's comments and got r+, waiting for Steve's stamp :) (in review)
  • bug 1172902 - [Messages][NG] Use SimpleOfflineCache to cache all app resources
    • Tested SW issues I filed, we still have some in progress:
      • Bug 1174078 - Calling "fetch" inside Service Worker's "onfetch" handler in b2g causes "onfetch" again that leads to an infinite loop;
      • bug 1172992 - Synthesized 301 response does not redirect in e10s;
      • Added README.md to my repo with sw-tests to easily track what issues are fixed, what are not: https://github.com/azasypkin/sw-tests

Other:

  • Discussed with Wilson his new thread proposition: https://github.com/gaia-components/threads/issues/42;
  • Discussed stream.write.then with Miller who implemented this, added results on GitHub;
  • Reviewed "bug 1169558 - [Messages][NG] Lay out Conversation service structure", r+'ed;
  • Reviewed "bug 1171865 - [Messages][NG] Layout mozMobileMessageShim structure";
  • Reviewed "bug 1170151 - Migrate integration tests between SMS and Contacts to Gij", r+'ed;
  • Reviewed "bug 1168324 - Migrate test_sms_contact_match.py to Gij", r+'ed;
  • Received Aries, had chance to flash stock android image, but not FxOS yet - a bit not clear what image to flash

Today:

  • Steve's PR in priority and the first task for the day;
  • Will handle review/feedback/need-info requests;
  • Will work on review comments and assigned bugs.

Julien

  • In PTO

Day 16: 17th June

Steve

  • bug 1169541 - [Messages] [NGA] Refine the thread query and move draft query/getThreads API into conversation service / messaging service
  • bug 1169573 - [Messages][NG] Lay out Messaging service structure
    • Ongoing based on message shim
  • bug 1171865 - [Messages][NG] Layout mozMobileMessageShim structure
    • Rebase for the last change, will land it once the tree is green
  • bug 1175045 - [Messages][NGA] Add serviceworkerware to our codebase and update the script for external lib
    • Figure out the prerequisite for serviceworkerware and create a patch for it.

Today:

  • Give some feedback for conversation service layout.
  • Give some early thought about loading threads.
  • Some tasks for background if I have time
    • Clean up the use of threads.active in conversation view
    • Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • Fix the attachment menu for closing the option menu manually
    • gaia-component stuff
    • file loading in Template.js

Oleg

  • bug 1162028 - [Messages][New Gaia Architecture] extract conversation/index.html
    • Got last review, squashed and landed (landed)
  • bug 1172902 - [Messages][NG] Use SimpleOfflineCache to cache all app resources
    • Not much updates here, just organized dependencies (in background, waiting for Gecko dependency).

Other:

  • Reviewed "bug 1171865 - [Messages][NG] Layout mozMobileMessageShim structure", r+'ed;
  • Spent some time to help :freddyb with discovering issue in integration test;
  • Spent few hours to build image (had issues with make 4.0 - wip patch from "bug 1031593 - B2G cannot be built with GNU make 4.0" helped) and setup my aries, so now it's ready for dogfooding :)
    • (Steve) Just got my aries as well :)
      (Oleg) Cool! It was quite nice to see how FxOS is fast on a such powerful device :) I'll need to figure out where to post bugs about Spark, I've already noticed some, but maybe it's not ready for dogfooding yet...

Today:

  • Will inspect our nga task to see what I can do next and during your Whistler week :)
  • Cleanup my mailbox and read important docs about "FxOS 2015 Strategic Plan".
  • Will handle review/feedback/need-info requests;
  • Will work on review comments and assigned bugs.

Julien

  • In PTO

Day 17: 18th June

Steve

  • Tomorrow is national holiday in Taiwan
  • bug 1169541 - [Messages] [NGA] Refine the thread query and move draft query/getThreads API into conversation service / messaging service
    • Rethink how to apply the message service and draft loading into conversation service
  • bug 1169573 - [Messages][NG] Lay out Messaging service structure
    • Ongoing based on message shim
  • bug 1171865 - [Messages][NG] Layout mozMobileMessageShim structure
    • Landed
  • bug 1175045 - [Messages][NGA] Add serviceworkerware to our codebase and update the script for external lib
    • Create patch for sww and threads update

Today:

  • Give some feedback for conversation service layout(although it's landed)
  • Give some early thought about loading threads.
  • Some tasks for background if I have time
    • Clean up the use of threads.active in conversation view
    • Reduce the use of Threads.active and Threads.currentId in conversation view
    • Fix the attachment menu for closing the option menu manually
    • gaia-component stuff
    • file loading in Template.js

Oleg

  • bug 1172902 - [Messages][NG] Use SimpleOfflineCache to cache all app resources
    • Gecko dependency has been resolved, will verify if it works now (in background).
  • bug 1175503 - [Messages][NG] Get rid of direct ConversationView dependencies from Compose component
    • Started to work on this as it seems to "opens doors" for the NewMessage view split (in progress).

Other:

  • Spent some time to organize our NGA bugs, removed duplicates and prepare bug-agenda for myself when you'll be in Whistler :)
  • Cleaned up my mailbox, watching SW bugs now so much more emails now :)

Today:

  • Will handle review/feedback/need-info requests;
  • Will work on review comments and assigned bugs.

Julien

  • In PTO

Demos

Retrospective

Previous sprints' actions

From 2.1S3:

  • Look into VM with gaia dev environment
    Nothing more done in this sprint

From 2.1S5:

  • in planning for sprint N, we pick some items we want to do in sprint N+1 to ask early questions to UX and Designers (esp refresh bugs, but also bugs with UX changes)
  • we'll add screenshots of panels in Wiki, with the various cases for these panels, to help analyzing change impacts and not forgetting things
    Oleg started this: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/SMS/Current_App_State

From 2.2S4:

  • undercommit in the sprints.
    (Julien) not sure we undercommitted enough ;)
  • use bugs and github's PR for spec definition and changes
(Oleg) IMO it was good solution to discuss spec and ask/answer questions. I like it.
(Steve) Yeah having a spec that summarize our discussion is a good start
(Julien) agreed !

What was good in the last sprint

  • we landed some bugs that were important (eg: conversation split)

What was bad in the last sprint

  • no working service yet... hopefully next sprint !

Any questions

  • move most discussions to #gaia instead of #gaia-messaging (but we can keep this channel for more "private" discussions if necessary) ? thoughts ?
(Oleg) As I mentioned earlier - we can try and see how it goes, if we don't miss info - then it will work :) Regarding to #gaia-messaging - I think it's better to still keep it :)
  • Not sure when the 2.5 scope would be finalized, any additional feature for message or comms?
    (Julien) Not sure either. From my understanding it's only NGA for us. But there is at least one 2.5+ bug for us (the one about canceling activities). Will see if we can postpone..

Actions for next sprint

  • move more discussions to #gaia
  • figure out 2.5 features for SMS