Grow/Meeting 05 17 12
Note: The video and audio dial-in information has changed from previous meetings.
- Meeting time: Thursday, May 17 at 10 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC (times around the world)
- Video: David Boswell's vidyo room (use this link for guest access)
- Audio: If video doesn't work, call +1 800 707 2533, pin 369, conf 9634#
- Room: Get to da Choppa in Mountain View 3rd floor
- Back channel: irc://irc.mozilla.org#mozillians
- Please feel free to take notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/grow-mozilla-notes-05-17-12
- Mozilla Spaces discussion
- How can we have a way to promote upcoming events at Spaces so people can learn about them?
- How can we integrate with Air Mozilla? For instance, should we create a best practice where any event at a Space is broadcast over Air Mozilla?
- Is there a phase 2 planned for the Spaces web site and how would you like to see that expand?
- Is there a way for Spaces users to coordinate with facilities? Example of Janet using the SF space for an event and the A/C was off.
- Mozilla Brain Builders and new hire orientation changes
- See the Employees and the community (II) thread on governance for more information
- Is there an additional orientation we are working on for Mozillians that have already been hired?
- Localizing the Get Involved page (bug 743746)
- Would there be different contribution opportunities?
- Would we connect new contributors to different Mozillians?
- Contribute to this Page page -- getting invitation to participate in front of more people
- Identifying conversion points for your projects to measure conversion rates for new contributors
- Upcoming events (standing item)
- Proposed "Mozilla Day" recruitment day in Minneapolis (cf: @glind). Leave-behinds, schwag, other help and ideas welcome.
- QA Workshop in Turin (Moved to October 2012) https://etherpad.mozilla.org/QTPoNJMjAF
(Extra) (via tleingruber)
- Bootstrapping a Mozilla Design Volounteer Community
- Want to write a road-map and collect ideas on initial community building
- Volounteers mainly through inquiries from the "get involved" form right now.
Other items if there's time
- Michelle's experience with support inquiries from Get Involved page
- Report back: Creating a contributor strategy for MozSpaces
- Report back: Next steps for video footage from Summit
- Report back: Town halls and giving contributors more of a voice
- Question: How do you help people who just want to be assigned a task?
- Question: How can we help events be more effective at bringing in contributors?
- Question: How do you balance doing something yourself vs. helping someone do something?
- Question: How can we get contributors involved in our web projects?
- Question: How do you not lose track of people just starting to get involved?
- Question: How do people deal with negative feedback and stop energy?
- Feel free to add more questions or other agenda items...
Action Items and Notes
Notes at: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/grow-mozilla-notes-05-17-12
- David to invite Rob and Amie to discuss Spaces at next Grow Mozilla discussion
- David to invite Richard Milewski to discuss his events efforts at next Grow Mozilla discussion
- David to report back on Get Involved localization, Contribute to this page stats and community metrics efforts at next discussion