This article is a stub. You can help MozillaWiki by .
img element test pages
img element demo pages
img element open spec issues
alt guidance needs simplification
Issue recorded on the WHATWG wiki: http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Img_Alt
Regarding 126.96.36.199.14 Guidance for conformance checkers
The complexity of the authoring guidance for the new alt attribute in HTML5 is bad for authors, and for author understanding.
We should remove the last two points in this section:
- "... document is an e-mail ..." - not a useful case
- meta generator - causes as many problems as it solves
As well as the authoring guidance in the section(s) below:
- Remove: 188.8.131.52.11 An image in an e-mail or private document intended for a specific person who is known to be able to view images.
See related http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/80
2010-08-01 posted: http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2010-August/027479.html
img element resolved spec issues
- reject longdesc attribute
- 2010-06-26 answered W3C HTML WG survey on related issue 30
- tweeted: http://tantek.com/2010/177/t4/objecting-longdesc-attr-html5 , http://twitter.com/t/status/17127775107
Resolved: ding dong longdesc is dead.
- HTML5 home page