I'm Tantek Çelik, Mozilla Web Standards Lead, developing and coordinating Mozilla work on web standards
- W3C CSS Working Group; microformats, WHATWG, IndieWeb
- about section below - more about me
- Tantek - default searchable page on this wiki
- http://tantek.com/ - my site
- @t - Twitter updates.
Mozilla offices I visit in rough order of past frequency
- San Francisco - usual
- Mountain View - weekly when in the Bay Area
- Portland - at least annually in June near/around IndieWeb Summit
- Paris - ~ bi-annually for CSS Working Group meetings
- Tokyo - every few years
- Berlin - once
want to visit
Offices I’d like to visit:
User pages of Mozilla folks I've worked / am working with:
- Ali Spivak
- Andrew Overholt
- Anne van Kesteren
- Brian Birtles
- Boris Zbarsky
- Cameron McCormack
- Chris Riley
- Daniel Holbert
- David Baron
- David Bryant
- Dietrich Ayala
- Irakli Gozalishvili
- Henri Sivonen
- Jen Simmons
- Joe Hildebrand
- Mitchell Baker
- Miriam Avery
- Shane Caraveo
- Sean White
- ... please add yourself if we've met!
Additional Mozillians I'm working with:
I’ve been participating in web standards for over twenty years, beginning with leading the implementation of the Tasman rendering engine in Internet Explorer 5 for Macintosh.
I’ve written and edited many Cascading Style Sheets specifications (CSS 2.1 & many CSS3 modules), but also co-invented microformats, drove key features of vCard4 in the IETF, and been part of HTML5 and the HTML Living Standard work at WHATWG (authoring one of the first books and video tutorials on HTML5).
I have served on the W3C Advisory Board 2013-2018, helping drive more openness and transparency in the processes of W3C as well as more liberal licensing of W3C standards.
I am particularly passionate about and actively involved in the IndieWeb movement -- standards, events, and community -- which you should definitely ask me about.
I hold Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in Computer Science from Stanford, and 16 patents. I enjoy trail running, yoga, and bouldering. You can find out lots more about me and see active examples of my work on my blog at tantek.com.
- Speaking bio + headshot: http://tantek.com/w/TantekBio
- 2011-176 - present: Mozilla employee
- 2010-146 - 2011-175: Mozilla contractor
- before 2010-146: occasional Mozilla contributor (e.g. irc, wiki, bugzilla)