Mentors are the casual/ core contributors who take up the responsibility to help/ guide others. This is an additional responsibility. Tentative list of Mozilla India Mentors can be found here.
How can one become a mentor?
Member applying to become a mentor must meet at-least some of the set of requirements:
- be in the community long enough(at-least 1 year) to know all its internal organization.
- having worked in the local community at least in one related project.
- have knowledge of the area pretending to be a mentor.
- show initiative and personal treatment facility to new members.
- mentors help members of the team become future mentors.
- coordinate with the team at Mozilla Headquarters
- have time to talk to new members and answer any questions they may have.
- being a Mozilla rep may be a plus.
If you are good enough to be a mentor and help new members, please write to us at join at mozillaindia dot org. For the mentor to be listed as "official", the person must communicate with any other current provisional mentor area and spend time as a co-mentor before becoming a mentor. This means that the first rookie will take together and guided by the current mentor, who will teach the basic mechanisms for the role of mentor.