- Team Members
- Past Contributors
- Novica Nakov <email@example.com>, CVS access: YES, Mozillians Profile
- Jovan Kostovski <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Ilin Tatabitovski <email@example.com>
- Ivan Stoev (calendar)
- Gorjan Jovanovski
More info on this mailing list: http://lists.softver.org.mk/mailman/listinfo/ossm-members Blog: http://mozilla.mk/
Report Firefox problems at our bugs system (in Macedonian). You can report Thunderbird and Sunbird/Calendar issues there too, but the work on them has been put on hold.
Mercurial Firefox Aurora: https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n/mozilla-aurora/mk/ (ssh://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n/mozilla-aurora/mk/ for push)
SVN mozilla site lang snippets: https://svn.mozilla.org/projects/mozilla.com/trunk/locales/mk/
Localizing SUpport.MOzilla.org (SUMO)
If you want to start localizing http://support.mozilla.org/ into Macedonian, please do the following:
- Read our universal l10n documentation here.
- Create a SUMO account.
- Get in touch with Michał / vesper.
- Visit our forums and introduce yourself to the community.
Styles and Guidelines
- Style Guide
- Localization: Scroll to localization section to see the details. These are not Mozilla specific Localization Guidelines.
- Official dictionary on computer terms issued by the government
Short history of the Macedonian Mozilla L10n Team
- In early 2003 there were several unsuccessful attempts to localize the Mozill Suite into Macedonian. At the same time there was some work to localize the early versions of Mozilla Firebird. Aleksandar Savic was the last person to localize Mozilla products at that time.
- In the summer of 2003 Novica Nakov decided to work on the localization of Mozilla Firebird and Thunderbird. The first .XPI langpacks were available on October 27th 2003, for 0.7.x versions of Firebird and Thunderbird.
- Soon afterward Novica released the first langpack for the Mozilla Suite 1.6. That translation was maintained up until version 1.7.5. When MoFo announced that it no longer will work on the suite, Novica stopped working on that translation and focused on Firefox and Thunderbird.
- During July and August 2005, the Macedonian team worked on Firefox and Thunderbird 1.5. Prior to this version, the localization was done with .JAR files. The change towards CVS based localization made the work very difficult for Novica, who worked over a 33k modem connection. However, the team was expanded with one more member, when he convinced Damjan Georgievski to join in. His technical knowledge and unlimited Internet access made the work a lot easier.
- In March 2007, the team got another new member. Ivan Stoev started to work on the localization of Sunbird 0.5 and 06. He continued to work until September that year for the 0.7 release, but stopped soon after as he had to spent more time studying. At the same time Novica and Damjan continuously worked on Firefox and Thunderbird 2.
- Novica and Damjan continued the localization of Firefox for the version 3 release. This release (finally) included a spellchecker based on the collection of words made by Taras Bendik for the Macedonian release of OpenOffice.org 1.0 back in 2003.
- The mkl10n blog was started in July 2007. The blog is in Macedonian and that is the place where we usually publish information about the project, Mozilla, and other stuff related to Firefox, Thunderbird and Sunbird.
- The localized applications wouldn't have been as good if there weren't help from a committed group of users who are willing to test it, report bugs and make suggestions. We would like to thank them for their contributions.