Team website: Mozilla Nederland
Support forum: Mozbrowser forum
Team group on Mozillians: Mozillians l10n:nl
Bugzilla: file a bug for Dutch localization
Active team members
|Name||Nickname||Role (owner)||Hg Access?||SVN Access?|
|Onno Ekker||o.e.ekker(at)gmail.com||nONoNonO|| Thunderbird
Localizers in training
|Ton Kessen||tonnes||Gaia, Calendar, SUMO|
|Tim Maks van den Broek||mad_maks||Browser, Mail, Toolkit, Mobile, Suite|
|Gert-Paul van der Beek||Toolkit/Browser/Mail|
|Ben Branders||Mozilla Europe|
|René van Roon||Thunderbird|
|Martijn Ras||Mozilla Suite|
- Software projects
- Firefox (desktop)
- Firefox (Android)
- Firefox OS (Gaia)
Current status of all software projects is available on the Dutch Dashboard.
- Web Projects
- SUMO (current status)
- AMO/Marketplace (current status)
- Persona (current status)
- Firefox Flicks (current status)
We use the Mercurial version control system (Hg) to manage our source code and localizations. Localizers in training can get a updated zipfile with the localization files or pull the files from Mercurial
All localizers working on software projects use a texteditor. The localization process is managed individually by each module owner on his own schedule. When possible web content is managed on Verbatim, in order to let more people cooperate.
- Translation Memory
We currently use Transvision. This tool is useful in several situations, for example to check if wrong strings belong to the software or an add-on, identify in which file a particular string is saved or check how an English string is localized (this is extremely important for SUMO articles).
- Style Guide
A brief Style guide is available on our website.
How to join this l10n team
Send a mail to one of the teammembers and he/she will help you with the next steps
Localizing SUpport.MOzilla.org (SUMO)
If you want to help localize http://support.mozilla.org/nl into your language, please do the following:
- Create a SUMO account
- If you can, get in touch with the Group Leader(s) listed here via a Private Message. If there is nobody listed there, please get in touch with Michał / vesper.
- Read our universal l10n documentation here. For language-specific documentation, please get in touch with your Group Leader(s).
- Visit our forums and introduce yourself to the community. We don’t bite, unless you’re made of cake ;-)
- You're ready to go! If you have any questions, ask them on the forums.
We use our support forum for all the QA process and coordinate the localization of all current projects.