There are some options/preferences that will help with debugging issues with Loop. We are working on exposing more of the failures via the UI, but these are likely to continue to be useful, especially for developers.
- This enables debug for the connection activity between client and server when connecting a direct call, or an original call-url based call.
- This shows information as to what stage the connections have got to, and reasons as to why calls may have been rejected.
- Turns on debugging of the OpenTok sdk
- This is most useful for debugging if issues are occurring within the sdk, e.g. video/audio setup issues.
- This logs "actions" that are generated in the UI.
- These are to aid developer diagnostics of the flow of information around the flux-based system.
- Currently only the direct calling outgoing window uses flux.
debug.loglevel(All, Info, Warn, Error)
- Only applicable to Firefox desktop
- Logs information about the state in the backend services.
How to turn on debugging
about:config and search for the preference, prefixed by
'loop.'. Then set the value to appropriately.
For example, for
debug.websocket, set the preference
loop.debug.websocket to true.
Debug output is shown on the Browser Console (not the web console), accessible from the Tools -> Web Developer menu.
Link Clicker UI
This is the standalone UI, shown when clicking a link. To turn on debugging:
- Open the Web Console (accessible from the Tools -> Web Developer Menu)
- In the line at the bottom, (with the '>' symbol) enter:
- (or use the values appropriate to the pref you want to set)
- Debug output will then appear on the webconsole.
- The preference value will stay set, until you clear the site's local storage or manually enter:
Please log bugs in bugzilla under 'Loop' Product: