MDN/Archives/Dev Status Meetings/2011-05-23
How did last week go? What sucked? What was awesome?
Today is my first day at Mozilla. Aside from packing, I spent last week reading through some Kuma documentation to prepare for today.
- got to dig into DEMO STUDIO code adding 'censored' field and enabling users to 'hide' their own demos
- the dev derby design looks great!
- Design work needs to happen earlier so we have great designs but still have 2 weeks for dev, qa, sec, loc
- MDN home & header, demo studio, and profile designs need to be done by May 31 to release by June 14
- MindTouch, as usual
http://mzl.la/j6LLCv Any triage bugs bugs that need mentioning?
What do we do this week? Do we need to change objectives?
- As Jay mentioned in IRC, there is much to digest from our meeting earlier today. I hope to read through my notes and refine them to the point that I have a fairly thorough understanding of what will be on my plate this summer.
Later this week:
- Add a Wiki page for each feature listed here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/MDN/Kuma#Features
- Take a second pass through each feature page, adding detail to each.
- Capture things discussed in the EtherPad feature list (http://bit.ly/kPtvz7) and the PRDs.
- This is very time consuming, but it is very much helping me get up to speed, and it does seem that it would be great to formalize all of the plans and ideas that are out there.
- Collaborate with team to finish up the DevDerby copy.
- (Maybe?) Send a note out to the team regarding swag.
- My laptop keeps locking up, occasionally causing me to lose work. I'll try to get that fixed as soon as possible.
- upgrade django to 1.2.5 for security fixes bug 637525
- upgrade stage9 to MindTouch 10?
- must not disrupt dev derby qa