This will be primarily a virtual (online) sprint, with no centralized in-person meet-up. You are encouraged to organize a local meet-up of doc sprinters in your area.
- Start: 30 November, 15:00 UTC (7:00am US PT, 10:00am US ET, 16:00 CET)
- End: 1 December, 23:59 UTC (4:00pm US PT, 7:00pm US ET, 01:00 2 December CET)
You are welcome to start earlier or continue later, but this time frame is when you are likely to find other people online working on MDN. Obviously, you do not have to participate the entire time; drop in when it's convenient, and sleep when you need to.
Here is a schedule for meetings in IRC during the sprint:
|Fri 15:00||Fri 16:00||Fri 7:00 am||Kick-off|
|Fri 21:00||Fri 22:00||Fri 1:00 pm||status check|
|Sat 2:00||Sat 3:00||Fri 6:00 pm||status check|
|Sat 9:00||Sat 10:00||Sat 1:00 am||status check|
|Sat 15:00||Sat 16:00||Sat 7:00 am||status check|
|Sat 21:00||Sat 22:00||Sat 1:00 pm||status check|
|Sat 23:59||Sun 01:00||Sat 4:00 pm||final status and wrap-up|
Some places to get ideas of things to write about:
- MDN documentation wishlist
- Firefox issues with doc impacts
- Fill out browser compatibility tables on reference pages where they exist, based on info from caniuse.com and quirksmode.org.
- Pages that need technical review.
- Pages that need editorial review
- David Bruant's TODO list (mostly JS-related stuffs)
- Make videos showing how to get and build Firefox code.
Suggest a topic, either that you want to work on, or that you'd like to see done by someone.
If you're planning to participate, please add your name, IRC nickname and/or MDN user name, and what you'd like to work on, below (you need to create an account on this (spam-free) wiki in order to edit it):
|Name||IRC nick||MDN ID||Topic(s)|
|Jeremie Patonnier||Jeremie||Jeremie||SVG Filters (and maybe HTML Forms)|
|Jean-Yves Perrier||Teoli||Teoli||Live Samples|
|Jlorian Scholz||fs||Elchi3||Dev-doc-needed, MathML (tutorial?), ...|
|Frédéric Bourgeon||FredB||FredB||CSS reference, live samples|
|Onur Avsar||avsaro||avsaro||Browser compatibility info for HTML elements|
|Marc-Aurèle Darche||madarche||madarche||Again IndexedDB & Open Web Apps|