- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2014-11-24
Topics for This Week
- Shipped Fx33
- A solid release! Lucas has a short retrospective.
- Project 105
- We did a UX checkpoint last week. Thanks to Robin for driving that. We are kicking off a UI Sprint today, lasting until the end of next week.
- Next Build:
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- Next Build:
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- ckitching just fixed thousands of warnings and issues in Fennec, and isn't done yet.
- capella fixed bug 1080016 - Display favicons properly after interrupted page loads
- Vikneshwar fixed bug 1079565 - Removed prefix from -moz-calc usage in /mobile and bug 1081951 - Removed unused awesomebar/places prefs from mobile.js.
- vivek fixed bug 919748 - Make sure bottom divider shows on reading list and bug 1077047 - "Refine footer banner in about:feedback"
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- PTO last week, so recovering from that
- About to land the MediaCodec stuff, just need a couple more reviews. And for it to pass Try.
Alan K. (ack)
- working through issues with b2g ad-hoc mode
- Some new cloudsync issues (patch inbound)
- Code reviews
- Debugging b2g ad-hoc; demo apps for mozfest
- Still looking at test failures
- Working on Java crash reporter
- Looking at WebRTC Robocop tests
- Need HTTPS support in Robocop bug 1080566 Robocop remote tests are not able to use HTTPS
- SafeBrowsing crashers bug 1050108, bug 1070874 is still at large
- 1050108 - Firefox crash [@ nsUrlClassifierPrefixSet::CollectReports(nsIMemoryReporterCallback*, nsISupports*, bool) ]
- bug 1082074 crash in _ZN17SkICOImageDecoder8onDecodeEP8SkStream
- bug 739820 Sync about:newtab pinned items
- bug 839120 Support SafeBrowsing in b2g
- Landed bug 1080012 - Fennec no longer able to mirror tabs on chromecast
- Landed bug 1055562 - crash in java.lang.IllegalStateException: Callback has already been executed
- Posted patch for bug 1048335 - chromecast support for Fennec tab mirroring.
- Posted patch for bug 1080701 - TabMirror needs to be updated to work with the chromecast server. Should land today.
- Continue work on bug 1045967 - Allow WebRTC to be built as a standalone library.
- bug 1071831 - HTML5 video playback is not paused in the browser after opening in external player
- (ongoing) bug 942736 - Page-position when going back a page is not always remembered when conducting a scroll on prior page and then hitting back
- Janus Proxy (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Janus)
- Experimenting with alternative image compression solutions (currently live)
- (still) bug 942736 - Page-position when going back a page is not always remembered when conducting a scroll on prior page and then hitting back
- Janus Proxy: still working on improving image compression
- WIP for suggested tiles tracking (bug 1068425)
- bug 1070099 - apk file downloaded in Firefox cannot be opened from Android download manager
- bug 1048433 - Clearing private data on exit: "Always clear when quitting" often cropped/truncated in localizations, provide more space
- bug 1078182 New: crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.search.SearchWidget.addView(SearchWidget.java)
- bug 1074496 - Disable import from Android in Guest mode
- bug 1071120 - Telemetry for searching from error pages
- bug 1073776 - Tapping on urlbar after performing search shows URL, not search term
- bug 1075476 - removing download notification restarts Firefox
- bug 1070488 - also add files downloaded in private browsing to Android download manager
- bug 1082224 - Can't visit any pages in guest sessions
- bug 1070086 - files deleted from Firefox download manager are still listed in Android download manager
- bug 1055883 - Scrolling on Bing locked when toolbar reappears over search field
- Bug 1080038 - Clean up GeckoProfile/mProfile setting
- Bug 1077590 - Make all per-profile db access go through a profile
- A few (now beta) blockers
- bug 1058660 - Tweak history panel header color for better contrast with the tab strip background
- bug 1074924 - Tinted status bar visible during full-screen video
- bug 1081153 - Consolidate BaseGeckoInterface/GeckoApp.setFullscreen()
- bug 1081209 - Integrate dspec in local builds
- bug 1076692 - Tapping on URL bar does not dismiss the tabs tray
- bug 1079629 - Android builds are going to burn when Gecko 35 merges to Beta
- bug 1024816 - Tab overflow on horizontal tab strip
- More tablet stuff (especially on TwoWayView)
- PTO Backpacking!
- bug 1014293 - Private browsing contextual hint
- bug 1079761 - Tab mirroring
- bug 1072831 - DialogFragment for onboarding (Don't keep activities)
- Privacy coach add-on
- Show excerpts in reading list - bug 889351
- Sorting through some old reading list/reader mode bugs
- 895745 - Polish: Add-on version moves slightly when it is selectd
- 1075219 - Update the colors of about pages styled from aboutBase.css
- 1079450 - JS error when uninstalling an add-on
- 1079817 - Add-ons manager not updating after lightweight theme is uninstalled
- 1081249 - Let search activity ride the trains
- 1063193 - Performing searches with Wikipedia search engine immediately launches Fennec
- 1064998 - Warn user if a search query or isn't going over https
- 889351 - Show excerpts in about:home's Reading List panel
- Browser toolbar refresh
- bug 1079693 - Intermittent testAddonManager | Exception caught - junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Text string: '^Add-ons$' is not found!
- Browser toolbar refresh
- bug 1019127 - Remove updateChildrenEnabledStateForEditing
- bug 960746 - Back/forward button state can get out of sync on tablets
- bug 1072464 - Discuss new tablet forward button size
- bug 1058902 - Implement new tablet browser toolbar editing mode
- bug 1077755 - Implement new tablet menu bar pressed/focused private browsing button color
- bug 1020534 - Tablet toolbar icons hard to read on dark lightweight themes
- bug 894473 - Support using LWT accent color as background color in more of the UI
- Herding bug 941155 (fix talos on mobile to have pageloader tests working in regular mode and nochrome mode) along
- bug 939350 - Create Python linter wrapper
- bug 983437 - Delay FHR pruning until the screen is off
- bug 989441 - Centralized documentation for writing tests
- Working on password timestamps: bug 555755.
- Getting services-central back up to speed.
- Random Sync/crypto questions.
- Tiles and skunkworks meetings.
- Finally landed bug 1045053 (Accept-Languages derivation) after rewriting tests. Will uplift soon.
- Supporting releng work for splitapk.
- Reviewing all of ckitching's Fennec auto-fixes.
- Reviewing wesj's profile/DB/guest/etc. patches.
- Feedback for bnicholson's tiles metrics work.
- A little bit of skunkworks coding.
- First forays into IntelliJ.
- Assorted random crash and other fixes (see lists below).
- TRIBE: Awareness of Self. My cohort is a great group of people and I'm enjoying the introspection. Consistency/Learner/Harmony/Context/Analytical if you've done the session and are interested.
- IDEs: I have a good Fennec build with Gradle, which can be imported into IntelliJ/Android Studio and builds just fine. Integrating the instrumentation tests is harder; we're running into hard functionality limitations in the Android Gradle plugin. I have a work-around but I'm not certain what the solution looks like.
- 1063750 - Message to users that the Remote Tabs tray is now a home panel
- 1080326 - Move mobile/android/search/res into mobile/android/base/resources
- Mostly blocked on Bug 10881180 (Build error: CodeGenerator.cpp:1309: error: undefined reference to 'JSInlineString::MAX_LENGTH_TWO_BYTE') but have had a working patch for the last two days. Hopefully last of my computer / build problems
- More contact with Lastpass - found out how they work with Chrome (hint: Chrome didn't implement any LP specific code) - they're happy to work with us on a better solution.
- IntelliJ license sorted
- In talks about licenses for project 105
- 1076898 - Initial pass at Gridview visuals - a few issues to fix but mostly there
- 1083255 - Header icons don't show in landscape mode
- 1083263 - Sort out aspect ratio of thumbnails for new tablet UI
- Moar planning: Password Mgmt, Task Continuity and Project 105
- Playing with passwords
- Kicking off a Project 105 sprint this week
- Was in Italy on PTO :)
- Reviewed some Tablet bugs
- 105 concepting
- not being in Italy
- More 105 work
- Tablets work
- Bug mail catch up
- Toolbar V2
- Last week logistics
- Tablet refresh blog post under PR review [Link]
- Onboarding and tablet refresh walkthrough for Robin
- Design conversation about launcher with FxOS designer
Project 105 — Working on concepts for navigation alternatives, first run exp, sync states. Met with yuan and nalexander (IRL) for feedback.
Added Privacy Coach icon for snippet promotion, bug 1066697
Provided feedback on:
- bug 1077574 — Add current and total counts to Find-in-page
- bug 1050480 — Add a match case option to find-in-page
- bug 852247 — Force over-ride zoom
- found this in MozStumbler, must fix and uplift https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1083248
- Mobile Roadmap
- Updated to bump items that didn't make the merge to Aurora into 36
- Tablets: Tabbed browsing refresh
- Additional 'send to' TV video and tab support
- Fatfennec: Splitting the APK
- Videocasting (Matchstick)
- Downloads.jsm & Suggested Sites V3 bumped to funnel reprioritization