- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2013-08-05
Topics for This Week
- Guest Mode
- Brad put together a patch (bug 871863) and Ian created a nice design (see below). The project page for Guest Mode will need a little tweaking.
- Search Engines in Settings
- Patch (bug 892094) landed on inbound. Look for it in tomorrow's Nightly. Still needs a few follow-ups.
- Landed in Nightly. Needs some updated MDN docs.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge.
- Michal Kajda (mkajda) fixed bug 889555 - Address bar context menu appear after second long tap
- Mark Capella (capella) worked with Sriram to finish bug 884340 - Allow Addons Make Changes in the Tools Menu
- Nicolas Carlo (nickecarlo) fixed bug 888144 - Add a "Maybe later" option for Feedback prompt
- Saurabh Nair (jsx) fixed (first patch!) bug 891161 - about:apps page on FxAndroid has a marketplace link pointing to https://marketplace.mozilla.org, not https://marketplace.firefox.com
- Mike Kaply (mkaply) filed a bunch of bugs about improving some of our add-on APIs
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- last week
- bug 877602 - fix deadzone with dynamic toolbar hidden
- bug 891175 - fallout from widget scaling that i landed last week
- bug 840916 - fix min-resolution and related CSS media queries
- bug 866232 (in progress) - multi-APZC work, made a bunch of progress and have some WIPs up
- tried to debug bug 889535 a little but didn't make much actual progress
- interviews, helping out botond
- next week
- more on bug 866232
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- Taking 2 months unpaid leave, September->October
- Wrapping up Push API review feedback from rnewman and nsm
- Working with nsm to port the System Messages API from desktop to Android (for Push)
- Working with stully to define GeckoView design
- bug 882495 - landed (PermissionPromptHandler does not return the correct window on Android)
- bug 889673 and bug 857730 reviewed
- Finished/blog post for quick demo webpage of the contacts API: http://imgur.com/VxRiZRj
- bug 880107 - Working with cpeterson, bnicholson, and mfinkle to work out the GeckoView design
- Working to get two GeckoViews to run in the same activity. As a little experiment, here's an app running a GeckoView and Webkit-WebView simultaneously:
- Fixing the contacts test failure on try (finally figured out what's causing it; just need to fix it)
- Landing the contacts API (woo!)
- Continuing work with GeckoView
- bug 832960 - Android manifest files requried before contacts API can be used
- Waiting on feedback to figure out photo JS blob to Java translation
- Past week
- More profiler improvements
- Template:Bug881018 - crash in mozilla::layers::floor_div
- Last week:
- bug 885768 Cannot make a getUserMedia request within an iframe
- bug 894938 Content permission prompts broken in iframes
- bug 885031 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: android.hardware.Camera$CameraInfo at org.webrtc.videoengine.VideoCaptureAndroid.GetRotateAmount
- bug 891158 getUserMedia - Switching between landscape orientations
- Meetings: Cookie Clearinghouse, WebRTC privacy
- B2G dev setup
- Next week:
- This week
- Finished the small refactoring items related to the representation of points in different coordinate systems (bug 890938, bug 891468, bug 891544). These patches have landed in mozilla-central.
- bug 834613 - Field zoom is not toggleable (formhelper.* prefs need hooking up). Also landed in m-c.
- bug 859929 (in progress) - AsyncPanZoomController doesn't play well with progressive tile painting. I've been reading the relevant code and trying to understand what is going on.
- Next week
- Continue tackling bug 859929
- Bug 851373 - Eliminate GeckoApp/Tabs lifecycle issues
- GeckoView API discussion
- Bug 890515 - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bytes.length 0 must be a positive number at org.mozilla.gecko.gfx.BitmapUtils.decodeByteArray
- Bug 894087 - getScreenDepth() doesn't handle all 24-bit pixel formats
- Bug 887655 - No download complete or "Open with" dialog displayed after using "Save as PDF"
- Looked into Bug 890590 (thumbnail JNI crash), but no luck
- bug 893990 - BookmarksPage should use FaviconsLoader.
- bug 891105 - Cancel loading thumbnails when not showing about:home.
- bug 890006 - Blue toolbar while scrolling in android 2.3.
- bug 890671 - Timing issue with setting an addon icon.
- bug 885884 - Add back pinning support to top bookmarks.
- Working on adding back context menu support to top bookmarks.
- Landing js api support for button toasts
- Bug 885783 - Followup to bug 882136 - Camera share icon gets stuck in the notification bar; media lock held on tab close
- Addons work week
- Bug 734877: Add support for 'PageActions' so add-ons can add indicators to the URLBar*Present
- Bug 889858: Update fake about:home thumbnail drawables with new branding
- Bug 717821: Disabled buttons get pressed look when tapping on them
- In Progress
- Bug 894077: [FIG] Tablet layout for visited page
- Bug 894698: [FIG] Tablet layout for reading list page
- Bug 886996: Use an intent to set wallpaper
- Bug 891183: [FIG] Change Title strip to Tabs strip for tablets
- PTO on Monday and Tuesday
- bug 881774 - Restore domain autocomplete on editing mode
- bug 887269 - Restore "Open all previous tabs" feature in new about:home
- (In progress) bug 887270 - Only show the "tabs from last time" button in the "visited" page when appropriate
- (In progress) bug 889621 - Transition for tapping the URL bar
- More about:home hacking
- Meeting ibarlow for about:home experiments and hackathon planning
- mentoring/reviewing bug 892094 - "Search" page in settings + updating settings tests
- first review pass of bug 888533 - Remote debugging v1
- bug 894129 - organize xml resources better (too easy to miss updating different resources)
- bug 894129 - review search settings part 2
- bug 891644 - Change ANRReporter to use new TelemetryRecorder
- PTO, reviews/feedback
- (Still) In Progress
- Start landing some robocop fixes on fig
- Finish mixed content follow-ups
- 892116/892113 - Manage search providers page - awaiting review
- 768667 - ActionBar for text selection - still bouncing around in review.
- 788114 - Android intent for Adding to reading list - Got review back, needs work.
- 828254 - Search for highlightest text feature - ostensibly finished, but broke when merged. Needs fixing.
Also, the wifi is so astonishingly patchy in here...
- bug 863347: [fig] Remove about:home from preloaded bookmarks
- More FHR via roadmap
- Reviews all over the place.
- PBKDF2 benchmarking for PICL password stretching.
- Sync planning and storage protocol design.
- bug 880259 - Firefox should use GeckoView, bouncy bouncy
- bug 871863 - Guest mode for browsing, landed
- bug 893968 - LaunchState locking isn't actually locking anything useful, landed
- bug 894313 - GeckoThread should own its own static instance, got review, need to land
- b2g browser work week, planning
- Landed some patches.
- Will look at a few other non-critical bugs
- Worked on GeckView project page and talked a bit with Chris, Shane and Brian about it.
In London this week for a FxOS Browser meetup
- *NEW: Proposal for Guest Mode*
- Mockup: http://cl.ly/image/0h1N3P171L2s
- bug 862793 New About:home
- Checking builds, giving feedback
- Working on tablet designs
- Hackathon next week!
- bug 891115 Moving Search Providers and Add-ons into Settings
- Checking builds/screenshots, giving feedback
- Thinking about interesting things we could do with 'save for later' partners
- No update
- UX testing (sign-in/forgot-password flows) happening in Portland today and tomorrow
- Experimenting with PouchDB in a Jetpack addon for FX Desktop: https://github.com/vladikoff/syncable-service-poc/tree/pouchdb
- Continuing to build out keyserver API and docs. WIP here: https://github.com/mozilla/picl-idp/blob/api/docs/api.md