- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Fennec 5 Beta (May 17)
- Merge happened yesterday
- Builds are available
- Android package ID is org.mozilla.firefox_beta so the beta can be installed side-by-side with other channels
- Fennec 6 (May 24)
- Merging mozilla-central to mozilla-aurora
- Branding for Aurora has landed on mozilla-central and will get pushed over to mozilla-aurora when we merge
- Android package ID is org.mozilla.fennec_aurora so aurora can be installed side-by-side with other channels
- We need to re-evaluate the feature list. Most Fx6 features will end up pushed to Fx7.
Major Topics for This Week
- Work for FF6 -> We have Features, Bugs and Testing
- Touch events
- Session Store Enhancements - save the state sooner
- Anti-malware/phishing - defaulted off until the back end uses smaller files
- Better browser feature discoverability
- Visual refresh - backend code landed
- CSS themes for different Android versions - core landed
- Tablet UI - core changes for browser tool panels landed
- Language selection - patches are close to landing
- Session Store Enhancements - patch started for history and scroll position
- Mobilize text - viewport designs in-progress
- Ready to Start
- Better integration for form assistant on Android
- At Risk
- Disk cache
- Anti-malware/phishing - backend
- Android text selection handles - stalled
- Tablet UI - actionbar/sidebar design and coding have started
- Visual refresh - css and image changes are in progress
- Bug triage has been ongoing - check your assignments!
- First-run flow, incorporating lang selection and discover: flow diagram (Brian)
- meeting this aft to make sure what we have for v6 is polished
- Gingerbread themeing - http://www.flickr.com/photos/61892693@N03/sets/72157626609900587/detail/ (Ian)
- this is on the edge in terms of v6 or no v6 -- need to sort out schedule with dev
- plan to land Form Assistant Android Integration for v6 - bug 636339 - Better VKB integration for form assistant
- Error pages + rewrite : http://www.flickr.com/photos/61892693@N03/5693665794/in/set-72157626660609510
- work progressing on plugin support
- Java proxying gets to the point of initializing the surface for the surface drawing model and hangs, need to investigate
- Cache compression patch shows a slight perf improvement
- bug 624163 Rich text editor (i.e. google docs and etherpad) has a patch and needs review from dougt
- Alex is working on the hidden master password to be stored by Android Account Manager
- bug 617115 - We have patches to build with NDK5. Preliminary tests show it gives a nice speedup (10-25% depending on benchmark), but there are conflicting reports as well.
- Test Plan for 5.0 Beta is ready
- Testday this Friday for Firefox 5, send out the word!
- We're beginning Device Compatibility checking as well, please share the survey link
- Nomination queue is at 4
- Detailed Waverley Results
- Top crashes
- bug 657534 - Fennec 5.0b2 - unsigned builds available
- bug 557260 - MobileBuildFactory should inherit MercurialBuildFactory
- Patches pending review.
- We need to land soon, to unblock 6.0 release work.
- Timing would be best either in the 2nd half of this week (before m-c -> m-aurora) or after the m-c -> m-aurora merge calms down.
- bug 656371 - remove org.mozilla.fennec hardcodes from Tegra automation
- Ready to land
- Clear button is clearing only the history list (and I think also Cache from Android). Fennec Data is not affected at all. Taping on Clear Data button from Android means:
- creating a new profile, if the app is running from phone memory
- no results, if the app is running from SD Card (in this case user is unable to do anything about it, only to erase manually the data stored from SD Card)
- User should be able to:
- Clear any kind of data he/she wants (cache, history, cookies, form data) and not all of them (as it is now)
- I think that increasing app's size and keep it going in this way will decrease its rating. Android phones still doesn't have enough memory (as it's happening for Apple phones). What do you think about this?