- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95346
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95346
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95346
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95346
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95346
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95346
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95346
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95346
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95346
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95346
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- vidyo: PB&J
Next merge date is 2011-09-27
Major Topics for This Week
- Focus on tracking-fennec:9 bugs
- Checking status on some "almost done" features:
- Camera (UI and Backend)
- WebApps API
- Locale Switcher
- Flash (click to play)
- Working on last few tablet UI tweaks before merge
- We seem pretty solid for Fx9. Some of the tweaks could be pushed to Fx10, if we have other priority work.
- Check tracking-fennec:9 bugs for anything assigned to you
- Adding polish to the tablet UI, the Nightlies are looking great!
- Please keep nagging ibarlow for UI input / feedback / assets
- ibarlow assembling a prioritized list of feedback to get in for FX9
- Startup performance
- Java frontend?
- Toolchain improvements bug 686805 (bug 686801: static initializers/PGO)?
- Perceived performance
- Static UI during launch
- New Hire: John Hammink; QA mobile
- bug 686763 - Nightly SIGILL related crash on honeycomb
- bug 684714 - content shows through the URL bar and is scrollable
- bug 686901 - ESPN full desktop site major checkerboarding/layout/zooming issues
- kbrosnan is bisecting the ESPN bug
- Related, new STR posted for bug 676780 - Fennec is unable to load webpages and close tabs
- 7.0b6 signed off, now on market
- Crash Report: Sept 19, 2011
- Working on startup time assessment on various devices. Any particular phone models/families that need more attention than others?
* bug 687147 - crash on startup of fennec, fixed with a hack * lots of other failures exist, mostly due to crashes of the browser or hangs during quit * looking into adding in a 'make talos-remote' from an objdir, would this be useful for folks? * click-to-play and e10s/non-e10s unittests? this would double the load on the tegras, what is critical in testing in non e10s mode? * simple wiki to decode [automation failures] on tegras
- (fixed) bug 685242 - split try and non-try tegra pools
- (fixed) bug 686748 - catch devicemanager exceptions in sut_tools scripts
- (fixed) bug 687233 - foopies are running out of disk space
- (fixed) bug 684871 - update dashboard for new tegras
- (fixed?) bug 687156 - update pageloader max version to * from 9.0
- (fixed) bug 687018 - intermittent dns failures in Android test jobs
- (fixed) bug 669415 - new tegras online or distributed to developers; need to be hooked up to foopies
- bug 684253 - 6 new foopies
Overall, most purples/reds are now green or orange. Oranges are most likely due to the startup crash that Joel found last week.
- Welcome Brian Nicholson to Front-end team!
- Increased feedback on nightly posted to input this week:
- 25% increase in page views for mobile support this month (we fixed a broken link and improved the navigation from the top of the SUMO site)
- Android market reviews data spreadsheet
- New people answering mobile SUMO forum questions = splendid!