- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95346
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95346
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95346
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95346
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95346
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95346
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95346
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95346
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95346
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95346
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- vidyo: PB&J
Next merge date is 2011-09-27
Major Topics for This Week
- Move testing meeting into this meeting starting next week.
- Work for Fx9
- Tablet UI
- Selecting text in web content
- Basic webapp support
- "Send to Mobile" ?
- Welcome Sriram Ramasubramanian (sriram on IRC)
- full steam ahead on tablet UI theming (ian)
- also ongoing work on
- looking into html5 form validity check ui (brian)
- long tap for history on back button (brian)
- apps dashboard or equivalent (madhava)
- sync setup (madhava)
- push tab to device (madhava)
- reviewing about:home refresh to see if it's ready for development (madhava/ian)
- writeup of readability design here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/Features/readability; now being worked on
- feedback please: what do you think of the Home Screen icons?
- Read .platform newsgroup - 
- stover landed bug 680126 which improved tXUL by 12%
- Maemo's last release with be FF7.
- Crash Rep Aug 22, 2011
- Tracking bug 667927 and bug 668921 for beta 2
- Testing for beta 1 completed and no issues to raise
- uTest crowd source testing; will give more heads up and screening process in the works.
- purpose was web site compatibility.
* xpcshell for android landed, ADB only * landed changes to remove /etc/hosts from tegra devices, no more crashes * churn on patches and tests related to specialPowers, i.e. stuff works in e10s better.
- (fixed) bug 680561 - tegra proxy.flg set in wrong directory
- could have caused various purples
- bug 680138 - debug tegra reftests, crashtests
- is it useful to run these without logcat for now?
- all branches?
- bug 679827 - mobile/* -> firefox/ ?
- do we want this?
- getting more space for mobile/tinderbox-builds may be the fastest solution. merging may be useful or confusing.
- bug 680138 - android/maemo -> Firefox branch in graphs ?
- can do at anytime if wanted
- old data will stay on mobile branch, new data will go to firefox branch
- Drafts for FF7 features out for review: change language, text selection, quit button and new device support
- New community member annaxica to help answer forum questions (42 new threads last week, 13 unanswered)
- New meetup group for Firefox for Android superheroes in SF
Android market FF6 comments (200); English-only:
Dissatisfiers FF6; 1 star ratings (44), week of August 16-22:
- slow and unstable=13
- no flash=12
- freezes phone=2
Android market FF7 comments (200); English-only:
Dissatisfiers FF7; 1 star ratings (48), week of August 16-22:
- freezes phone=5
- no flash=5
- hogs resources=4
Notes from mw22 during Test Automation meeting
jmaher: hang in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=680190 jemalloc jimm chen josh matthews
- going through mochitests. Patches for Content/ done, now going through dom/. A lot of stuff needs to be converted to
- if the tests are hanging, not going quick enough, they are
disabled for now
- last day 2 september
- who is going to take over? someone from A-team?
- xpcshell landed
- SpecialPowers want to land, related to Josh stuff. set Prefs synchrounously
- Refactoring specialpowers to get it working in Chrome. Getting leaks fixed
- talos crash, workaround it? getinfo failure?
- WaitForFocus patch works great, bug 670897
- devicemanager adb, xpcshell, integrated into talos. Easier to
run talos on device without sutagent. Need to turn all the releng tools, devicemanager
- create remote talos option. To look into after talos has adb
device manager into it. Might want to get the sut tools deployed first
- 676137 Something fixed it on trunk, mbrubeck
- 678381 Intermittent OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'browser_output.txt' in Android remote-ts
- Building out 200 tegras, only support 2.2.
- Ordering boards, that support 2.3, panda boards.
- Tegra 2.2 is a dead end, I think