- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Shipped Fx 29!
- Next Merge: 2014-06-09
Topics for This Week
- Firefox Hub
- Feed add-ons on track for Fx30. Hub add-on hackathon next week! Stay tuned for a blog post with details.
- Etherpad for potential Hub add-ons
- Firefox 29
- Quick Share on Mainmenu, FxA/Sync, Webapp Runtime, Pageload Progressbar, Hide/Show Builtin Homepanels, Hide Default Search Engine & Banner/Snippet System.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Nathan Toone fixed bug 1001611 - Cannot build with custom set MOZ_APP_NAME
- Marcos A. Di Pietro fixed bug 999069 - Use clear sans for about: pages and bug 999488 - Move reader mode listener registration from GeckoApp to BrowserApp
- Alex Deaconu fixed bug 1000287 - Remove unnecessary log lines from GLController and bug 999680 - Check API level >= 16 in HardwareUtils.isTelevision
- Vivek fixed bug 977167 - Open tabs should be filtered to exclude about:, chrome: etc. URLs prior to flushing to DB
- Capella fixed a lot of bugs!
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Burnt a bunch of time investigating crashes (bugs 952721 and 1000538)
- Refactoring headless gecko to be generic
- Investigating webapp startup performance
- Investigating ASAN testing
Alan K. (ack)
- 998398 - Swiftkey/Kii/Swype input interaction issues in the URL bar
- 999071 - crash in nsObserverService::NotifyObservers(nsISupports*, char const*, char16_t const*)
- 1001072 - Default shutdown watchdog timeout is too short
- 1002651 - Enable telemetry for B2G nightly builds
- Last week
- SafeBrowsing testing affordances, small bugs.
- WebRTC 3.50 Android uplift
- Next week
- WebRTC 3.50 Android uplift
- Last Week: More WebRTC standalone refactoring.
- This Week: Even more WebRTC standalone refactoring.
- bug 999203 - Tabs always restore from last time, even if preference is disabled
- Fixing up animating EditText, bug 997447
- Blog post incoming
- Ongoing bug 946022 - Implement requestAutocomplete for Firefox for Android
- Working on Chromecast support using the Android SDK. Working patch in bug 901803.
- Lots of reviewing
- bug 1000552 - about:downloads content no longer persists across restarts
- bug 998063 - Feed parser should support media:thumbnail
- Search and reading list home screen widgets
- Web Activities finally landed for webapps in nightly! Docs here
- Web Activities / Web Intents standardization with Google and :sicking
- Lots of in-progress patches for suggested sites:
- bug 996657 - Turn TopSitesCursorWrapper into a multi-cursor wrapper
- bug 997660 - Update TopSites grid to use row types from TopSitesCursorWrapper
- bug 997772 - Bootstrap suggested sites framework
- bug 997777 - Optimize moveToPosition() performance in TopSitesCursorWrapper
- bug 997780 - Implement image loading for suggested sites in TopSitesPanel/TopSitesGridItemView
- bug 997782 - Use suggested sites in the top sites panels
- Wrote a little visual tour for our Fx29 release: https://plus.google.com/+LucasRocha/posts/hL274455pyU
- Patch reviews
- Wrapped initial batch of patches for suggested sites
- Wrapping up "Remove Top Sites"/bookmarks-history handling (bug 921136, bug 913457)
- Ideas/brainstorming around Contextual Hints
- Telemetry reviews
- Hub bugs and uplifts
- 949178 - Remove reading list button from reader mode toolbar
- 976335 - Tablet tab strip does not overflow properly
- 996669 - onuninstall listener can be called after panel is unregistered
- 999760 - Images in article items are mis-aligned
- 999853 - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path must not be empty.
- 1000616 - PanelViewItemHandler.mItemOpenListener is null when panel list view replaces empty view
- 1000849 - Panel view sometimes does replace empty view after dataset updates
- bug 999750 - Recycle MotionEvents
- bug 998426 - Use same constructor across API levels in shrunken BrowserToolbar's LayoutParams
- investigate bug 998001 - Intermittent testFindInPage | Exception caught - java.lang.NullPointerException
- Herding bug 941155 (fix talos on mobile to have pageloader tests working in regular mode and nochrome mode) along
- bug 939350 - Create Python linter wrapper
- bug 997487 - Add UI telemetry to editing mode cancel button
- bug 998000 - Create BrowserApp.cancelEditingMode for consistency with BrowserApp.enter/commitEditingMode
- bug 1000149 - Simplify edit mode
- bug 958889 - Make Fennec "Synced Tabs" tray display entry point to Firefox Account + Sync when user has no existing accounts
- bug 983437 - Delay FHR pruning until the screen is off
- bug 989441 - Centralized documentation for writing tests
- bug 997477 - Add a way to close edit mode in one tap on tablet
- Zoom/scroll session storage
- Zoom robocop tests
- Continuing research on SPDY proxy (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Gonzales)
- Locale switching mostly finished and mostly through review. Build steps to go. Thanks to nalexander for being thorough!
- Folks are adding stuff to FHR, and I'm reviewing it.
- Fallout from send tab/third-party Sync services/etc.
- Discussing contacts sync with those folks.
- Random fixes, random reviews.
- Build chickens coming home to roost: bug 997772, bug 917480, Android Support v13 library for ChromeCast.
- Mentoring! Awesome folks: toonetown, vivek, deaconu. Very contributor, much satisfaction.
- 1003359 - Removing a resource file causes build failures in geckoview_library (Bug 958889 required a clobber)
I alternate between banging my head against e10s printing and second screen
- Second screen
- Firefox UX team meet-up this week, so expect longer than usual response times, sorry!
- shipped in 29!
- Proposed Priorities for Next Development Cycle:
- significant bugs
- valuable minor enhancements
- comprehensive unit/integration tests
- Notable Issues:
- bug 991397 - launching app installed outside Firefox Beta hangs firstrun - not uplifted; wontfix
- bug 989294 - Synthetic APK never launches if downloaded outside Fx Marketplace - uplifted to Fx29+
- bug 990125 - Duplicate reminders to update apps - uplifted to Fx29+
- bug 993164 - APK Factory stage release/review has 502 - fixed on server
- bug 889744 - Cannot install packaged apps from reviewer details page on Android - fixed by blocking bug 989806
- bug 986085 - User-hand-holding to check the Unknown Sources checkbox - patch in review
- bug 991394 - previously-installed apps stop running - under investigation
- bug 995803 - crash in java.lang.IllegalStateException - under investigation
<Read Only> Here's the roadmap: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Roadmap