- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge is 2013-02-18
Major Topics for This Week
- Tabs Tray UI Refresh
- We have been working on the UX of the Tabs Tray, moving from Spinner+Tabs to Spiiners everywhere to IconTabs everywhere. Ian and Sriram are wrapping up the changes and we should be landing soon on Nightly. These will need to be uplifted to complete the Private Browsing UI work. There are a few UX tweaks related to the PB/Tabs interaction too.
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Flash bugs
- Looked into sluggish perf with awesomescreen (bug 835356)
- Worked on adding Java support to profiler
- Looking at wonky updater bug (836278)
- Discussed performance and and usability issues with pdf.js on mobile with Yury
- Interviewed a bunch of folks
- Jan 23 - Jan 30:
- bug 807606 - implement native UI dialogs for NSS
- bug 834409 - fix typo in JS
- bug 834414 - fix a bunch of dangling references causing GeckoApp instance leaks
- bug 835356 - add logging for geckoEventSync() calls that take a long time
- bug 833540 - fix a bug in jquery.event.move that was causing text selection perf to tank on gigaom
- got my armv6 awsy data over to :johns to put on http://areweslimyet.com/?mobile
- investigated bug 832508 (blank screen on resume with "don't keep activites) but didn't make a lot of progress
- investigated bug 833000 (panning regression from fonts) a little, still in progress
- get to the bottom of bug 832508 and bug 833000
- start planning the pan/zoom controller unification
- bug 826385 "Clear private data" not clearing cache
- bug 792242 Loading about:cache says the cache is disabled
- bug 829419 test crashes in nsDeleteDir::PostTimer
- Follow-up to Bug 826135 Throw error if --xre-path is invalid
- Working on:
- bug 803158 if no crash report is generated by a tegra ... use ndk-stack to get a stack
- Robocop test reviews: bugs 830755, 745041, 820859, ...
- bug 761987 test shutdown crashes in nssCertificate_Destroy
- bug 810471 crash on startup during various tests
- robocop failure investigations: bugs 770483, 813107, 817440, 824067
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- Meet with Al Sutton from Ouya + Ouya event
- Plan for EdgeConf performance panel
- Investigate canvas performance
- More Ouya stuff
- Testing Push Notifications on B2G
- bug 816298 - Change "-moz-user-select:none" to behave like WebKit, IE, and Opera (and "-moz-user-select:-moz-none")
- bug 834471 - Fix some FindBugs warnings
- bug 834611 - Fix widget/android, mozglue/android, and image/decoders/icon/android warnings
- bug 833254 - Fix gcc version checks for strong enum bug fix
- Meeting with Google WebAPI devs today
- bug 834033 - Implement Push Notifications for Android
- Past week
- Next week
- Last week
- DataChannel for the win!
- Branched to alder
- Next week
- WebRTC video on Android
- Workweek in Boston
- JimDB doesn't respect breakpoints
- Google has given up getting decent audio on pre-ICS.
- Bug 819973 - Some Favicons disappear shortly after awesomebar opens
- Experimental patch for WebApp shortcuts (bug 785504)
- Some basic Lint investigation (bug 716748)
- Bug 834048 - Deleting files from the download manager does not remove the files from the device
- Bug 834400 - Wrong callback contexts used in aboutDownloads.js
- In progress/Next
- Bug 667243 - use caretPositionFromPoint for controlling text selection
- bug 834525 - New tab thumbnails: http://cl.ly/image/2G084346011C
- Backed out as Robocop was searching for a "close" button - Fixing soon.
- bug 836043 - New icon tabs: http://cl.ly/image/3K3o071Q0k0t
- bug 834082 - Fix lint warnings with "drawable" folder.
- bug 833812 - Fix event eavesdropping in Android.
- bug 833546 - Tab menu forgets state on rotation.
- Some focusing issues on tabs-tray as a part of bug 834525
- Flatten all icons in the UI to give a holo-ish feel.
- Mentoring Alex on bug 760554
- Blogged about our coding contributors: http://lucasr.org/?p=3280
- More hacking TwoWayView: https://github.com/lucasr/twoway-view
- Selection/list selector support
- Recycler listener
- Overscroll listeners
- Scroll listener
- Edge glow effect
- Investigated bug 827208
- Integrate TwoWayView in cypress repo
- FOSDEM talk
- Fix known issues in new tabs UI
- Toolbar regressions: bug 817828 and bug 827208
- Making progress on distribution support - bug 834681
- More distribution stuff
- bug 803719: Position maintenance in reflow-on-zoom (in review)
- bug 830645: Perform reflow-on-zoom on page load if defaultZoom set (in review)
- Reflow-on-zoom performance
- Issues with invalidation in reflow-on-zoom
- Last week
- worked on bluetooth HFP support bug 834772
- worked on getting headcount for web compat work
- MWC planning
- bug 834810 - Launching webapp from homescreen icon will revert the icon to the default 'rocket'
- bug 835241 - Reload button reloads cached copy
- Campaign tracking issues
- MWC planning and reviews
- Planning the "distribution" feature with Margaret
- bug 826476 - Modify sqlite database pragmas to possibly improve performance
- bug 835399 - Allow launching non-privileged webapps with a URL
- Landing some of Wes' patches
- about home customization for MWC -- sample here: http://cl.ly/image/0X3Q3g3s1d1N
- top site customization tweaks pretty much done, things are uplifting to Aurora http://cl.ly/image/3U2v2c1O0Z3G
- tabs tray refinements -- icon tab UI: http://cl.ly/image/221d0Z1U1w3x and http://cl.ly/image/140I3P1J2m2T
- Doing an icon unification pass in the rest of our UI (flatter, more holo-like styling) -- expect these in the next few days.
- working through other various tab menu updates with Sriram and Lucas
- still lots of high level discussions about Firefox Account / continuity of UX across devices
- Firefox Desktop work week underway and lots of UX folks here so we are doing some planning too.
- Search widget -- putting a plan together with Karen
- Pinch to reflow -- working on some clearer UX requirements
- Synced Reading List -- defining UX requirements and starting interaction design
- Reader themes -- tablet-optimized, serif vs. sans serif typography
- UI tweaks based on our switch to holo-light (Settings, crash reporter etc)
- Head's Up: Spike in startup crashes bug 838603 on Android in GA, possibly caused by OpenGL layers not working bug 824118. Benoit says Setting layers.acceleration.force-enabled would circumvent the issue.
- bug 835500 - Android DNT opt-in stats have been falling since July 2012
- Peak in Aurora, partially due to a fixed bug where people aren't on the right build. bug 830131
- Please make sure to update. :)
- bug 705641 - Incomplete framebuffer abort in mozilla::layers::LayerManagerOGL::CreateFBOWithTexture with "error 0x8cd6, mFBOTextureTarget 0xde1, aRect.width 2374, aRect.height 656"
- bug 827171 - crash in nsPluginStreamListenerPeer::OnStartRequest
- bug 778175 - Startup crash on devices incompatible with OpenGL ES 2.0 (e.g. HTC Wildfire)
- Note: These bugs happen both in aurora and nightly. Is there any way that we can get traction on them?
Rising bugs in all channels:
- bug 835163 - Android Flash crash in nsNPAPIPluginInstance::GetJavaSurface
- Note: This specific type of crashing is also rising in release; see red movement markers on left side of chart in the link. Traction on this bug would be nice as well.
Bugs to watch in Beta 4: