- Hot items
- SUMO: WebRTC feedback?
- Guest browsing still ok for Fx 25 - QA?
- A fix for landed for Nightly Fx27 (by way of backing out bug 875731), thanks mfinkle: Bug 921944 (Regression: Unable to initiate a download)
- about: home UI was uplifted to Fx 26: there is a long list (including number of tests) which probably need to be prioritized / triaged
- History and Top Sites are separate pages again
- Thumbnails in the Top Sites page
- When entering Home, Top Sites is the default page
- Fx 26: add-ons for promo banner tile
- The add-on support is in Fx 26
- Margaret has a test blog
- Basics: url, text and image in json
- L10N: we are looking to add Bing as a search provider (second to Google) for en-US, en-GB, de, fr, es-ES in Fx 26
- Tracked in Bug 903084
- Who can this bug be assigned to? Can we confirm it is fully actionable / all info is needed?
- L10N: Irish contributor will get a device, but Erin will ship it out around 10-13, post-summit travel.
- FHR: instrument partnerID to traffic - not user facing feature. Rnewman, need a bug or do you have this covered?
- Hearing of a project run on FxOS and desktop
- Fixes for WebRTC on Android will make it into Fx 25, 26 and 27 [project page has been set up to track those bugs for visibility]
- SUMO: Tyler looked after release on developer sites: nothing. Roland looked last Tuesday:nothing. Roland will create a wiki page and put a link here, and will find an evangelism contact for WebRTC and see if they know anything.
- Evaluating what resonates with partners to sweeten preinstall opportunities
- Firefox to play to our strengths: choice, customization, flexibility, HTML5, performance, extensible platform
- Firefox will be measured by ADIs, Google star ratings, download growth, conversion rates, press coverage, market share - anything that visibly shows we're a viable and relevant mobile browser
- Two paths for distribution: download & preinstall
- Short term roadmap & workload mix in all areas that resonate with partners
- Some items are targeted for release in Q4 / Q1
- Other items are work that we need to do in Q4 / Q1 to support a Q2 / Q3 release
- So you'll hear about a plan covering 6 - 12 months, although the main focus is work that needs to be accomplished in Q4 / Q1
- Main priority items (which can compromise of multiple components) include:
- Finishing up search provider work
- Adding elements of our share provider work
- Facilitating and improving the WebRTC experience
- Exploring and prototyping second screen support (including WebRTC use cases) which can include IPTV and STB implementations
- Reading list improvements
- Finishing up the Webapp APK synthesis work
- Always performance improvements to facilitate the mobile gaming story and ensure we don't fall behind the competition in start-up and page load times (also needed for a strong Webapp story)
- Sync (tablestakes so we don't lose users to Chrome sync)
- Improved tablet experience (UX wins and m-commerce)
- Elements of our 'flavours' work
- GeckoView productization plan
- Other items that are important but will likely not be able to be accomplished in the short term timeframe but on the books for medium term:
- Fixing master password
- First-run experience
- Data bandwidth optimization
- Supporting ever-expanding set of locales
- EOL official Android 2.2 support
- Further gestures support
- Expanding on cloud services integration
- Firefox for the enterprise
- Lists and priorities will be re-evaluated constantly
- Prioritization of work
- Proposed currently:
- Add-ons to customize sound effects -> remove if we can land some reader list and share provider work
- Directional game console nav - finish up the work here?
- STB browser optimization - finish up the work here?
- Additional locales: Hindi, Slovenian
- WebRTC improvements (decrease audio latency)
- Other (new items) proposed:
- Landing initial share provider work?
- Any Reading List improvements?
- Change the default search provider for NEW users where Bing has been added (from Fx 26)
- Oct 22 is our target
- Review the Fx 27 features async in nightly a few days prior and we can come back to the group with comments?
- Karen on PTO post Summit thru Wednesday, Oct 16 (inclusive)
- Product Announcements: 1) How stable do we think it is for GA 2) timing/timeline of updates to the dashboard