Mozilla QA Community:Gran Paradiso Alpha 4 pre-Testday
- 1 Welcome to the Gran Paradiso Alpha 4 Test Day!!
- 1.1 FAQ
- 1.1.1 Where do I start?
- 1.1.2 Ok, I am in the channel, now what?
- 1.1.3 What build should I test?
- 1.1.4 What specifically will we be testing?
- 1.1.5 Testing Instructions
- 1.1.6 Where do I find Litmus?
- 1.1.7 Who will be moderating the #testday channel?
- 1.1.8 How do I file bugs?
- 1.1.9 How do I send feedback?
- 1.1.10 Testday Results
- 1.1 FAQ
Welcome to the Gran Paradiso Alpha 4 Test Day!!
In preparation for the Gran Paradiso Alpha4, we thought it would be fun to test the new Alpha pre Alpha4 Build of Gran Paradiso (code name for Firefox 3).
Thank you for participating in this test day. The success of Firefox and Thunderbird is heavily dependent on community members like you. We appreciate your support!!
When you are done, please send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or post significant findings to the Mozilla QA blog (http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/qa/). We are very interested to hear about how the test day went, any overall thoughts about Gran Paradiso, and roll up of issues found and bugs filed.
The official time for the test day is Friday, April 27, 2007, from 7am - 5pm PDT, but anyone can jump on Litmus at any time on any day!
For more information about this release, please check out the Firefox 3 Project Page. You will find the current schedule, test plan, and specific areas we can use help testing.
Where do I start?
- Go to your favorite IRC client:
- Windows clients
- MacOS clients
- Linux clients
- ChatZilla (Firefox extension) - Note: If you are using ChatZilla you must also close ChatZilla for Firefox to fully restart. Workaround is to run a version of Mozilla Suite and use the built in Chatzilla program from there - that way you are always online when you have to restart.
- Connect to irc.mozilla.org
- Join the #testday channel
Ok, I am in the channel, now what?
- Let the moderators know if you have any questions or encounter any problems. If you are not familiar with our bugzilla bug tracking system, feel free to report your problems to a moderator and they can log any bugs for you.
What build should I test?
We will be testing the Gran Paradiso nightly candidate builds :
Firefox/Gran Paradiso: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/1.9a4-candidates/rc2
What specifically will we be testing?
We will be testing the functionality of Gran Paradiso pre-Alpha 4. In preparation for this testing, you should backup or rename your profile and create a fresh profile. Here is some important information - and please make sure to rename or backup your existing profile in order to protect your information.
- Backing up your profile: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup.
- Launching the profile manager: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_manager
Follow these instructions:
1. Download a Gran Paradiso pre-alpha4 Build
- Run a set of common operations like browsing through websites, watch media content (video, pictures, etc) and use Gran Paradiso like a normal user would use.
2. Test some Ajax Sites
- like http://www.backbase.com/#home/products/ajax_demos.xml to check for problems and regressions.
3. Play around with the bookmarkmanager
- Import, Delete, Move, etc
Things to check for/Testing Variations
- Test APNG Support. Gran Paradiso supports now APNG (see Bug 257197 for more information.
- Run some Litmus Testcases
- We may have not many testcases for Gran Paradiso, so feel free to run tests with the 2.0 Testareas
Where do I find Litmus?
- Go to Litmus
- log in and then select run tests
- You can do a smoketest or a Basic Functional Test, it is entirely up to you!
- Talk to a moderator if you need help.
- Please make sure to choose the correct platform when you start your run.
Who will be moderating the #testday channel?
The moderator's nicks are:
How do I file bugs?
First of all, let one of the moderators know so they can check if it is already a known problem. Then they can guide you to either provide more details, update an existing bug or file a new bug. If filing a new bug, please do a quick check to see if the bug already exists. This can easily be done by searching for the error message, window name, or some over identifing feature of the bug.
How do I send feedback?
Please use the email@example.com to send feedback about how the testday went, any overall thoughts about Gran Paradiso pre-Alpha 4, and roll up of issues found and bugs filed. We really appreciate your help today and your feedback is very valuable.
When the testday is complete, you can see the results on http://litmus.mozilla.org/testday_report.cgi?testday_id=38