On May 6 and 7th, the Nightly Release Management team will be participating along with the l10n team in a joint event in the Mozilla space in Paris, France. This event is sponsored by the l10n team, and they have graciously allowed us to be a part of the event. Our small group will have our own space on the first floor, but we will interact with the other participants throughout the weekend.
Objective of the Meetup
The purpose of this Nightly meetup is to provide a general overview of Nightly and how you can get involved. We will balance some presentation with some live work, in order to provide a balanced learning opportunity.
- Increase overall involvement in Nightly, by introducing community to tasks that they can engage in related to Nightly
- Educate community regarding the Nightly workflow and how features are developed in Nightly and move on to the other branches
- Specific training related to bug work - finding and filing nightly bugs, triage work and regression range finding
- Specific training related to understanding Nightly crashes and help getting crashes flagged for attention
- Develop a set of Activate mozilla tasks that the larger community can participate in
Nightly is the cutting edge branch where lots of interesting work is happening. We need eyes on the Nightly product to make sure crashes and other issues are kept in check.
- General overview of Nightly
- How to install and use Nightly
- Finding and filing Bugzilla Nightly bugs (and flagging them for attention)
- Triaging Nightly Bugs
- Finding Regression Ranges
Projects will might work on
- Brainstorming an Activate Mozilla Project for Nightly!
Who you will meet
- Mozilla Staff
- l10n localizers
Criteria for Participation
Only community members who reside in the local area are eligible to apply for spots in the meetup. Unfortunately we don't have budget for travel, so you will have to have the ability to get to Paris on your own (We have requested support from the Reps Council, but we have not yet received an answer back as to whether they can help with travel). We may have some flexibility to put you in a shared hotel for Friday and Saturday evening.
- Available to travel to the event in Paris, France on Saturday, May 6 and and stay until the conclusion of the event on Sunday, May 7
- Preference will be given to those who already have some familiarity with Mozilla
- Willing to read and review any materials sent out prior to the event. We want everyone to hit the ground running!
- Ideally the participant will be willing to train others in their community
- Enthusiasm and a thirst for learning is really what is needed!
'Note: This is not a Nightly Development event - we will specifically be focusing on Nightly, but not coding'
What we will cover
- Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner on Saturday and Sunday
How to Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Important: Please add "Nightly Paris Meetup" to the subject line of the email
- This workshop is now full, and we cannot accept any more applications.
- Application Review will begin as soon as applications are received. We will select 5 individuals to participate in this meetup. We will contact you via email if you are selected to participate.
- Please contact email@example.com