This page contains all of the important details for the Discourse Evolution project.
🌍 Project Information
Involving core contributors across the full lifecycle of projects around Mozilla remains a challenge. Part of this challenge is the lack of an accessible and secure place for staff and volunteers to discuss sensitive information. To address this we're building access control and permissions functionality into Discourse and establishing a development roadmap to improve the functionality and UX of Discourse so it meets the collaborative needs of mozillians.
This project is part of the larger Participation Systems initiative.
More details will come at the end of Phase 2 - Research.
As of May 26th 2016
Research Phase underway. First round of interviews taking place.
Planned work for week May 30th 2016
Continue Research Phase with goal of 50% of planned interviews conducted and preliminary analysis of findings.
Phase 1 - Initialize ✅ Complete
- Project conception
- Alignment of resources
- Putting the pedal to the metal
Phase 2 - Research ⏳ In Progress
- Interview stakeholders to gain an understanding of how Discourse is used across Mozilla
- Identify pain points
- Identify opportunities for improving the platform
- Document the current status of its administration and infrastructure.
- Find and compile existing metrics being collected
- Define functional requirements for access control and permissioning features
- Build a product roadmap for future development
- Prioritize features
- Identify preliminary requirements
- Define resources necessary to begin work on roadmap
Phase 3 - Implementation
- Create project implementation plan
- Begin development work
👥 Get Involved
This project is beginning to define and reach out to the first round of stakeholders. If you believe you might be stakeholder and we haven't reached out to you yet, please reach out to Lyre Calliope.
The definition of a stakeholder is someone:
- Actively involved in the project.
- Who’s interests may be positively or negatively affected either by the work of the project or the outputs from the project.
- Who may exert influence over the project or its deliverables.
Additionally, you can connect with us through Participation Systems communications channels:
📝 Project Management
Key People (RASCI)
|Lyre Calliope||George Roter||Hermina Condei||Community Ops
Smartsheet (Project Plan) Forthcoming
Notes & Meetings Hub