This page contains all of the important details for the Volunteer System project.
🌍 Project Information
Create a Volunteer Organizing System that provides a rewarding constituent experience where volunteers find it easy to get involved and have the tools needed to support their work. A transparent and guided User Experience ensures that work is efficient, strategic and done with clear accountability. Mozilla’s current Volunteer Organizing System is really a handful of separate tools that create a heavy lift for staff and a clunky disjointed experience for Volunteers.
This project is part of the larger Participation Systems initiative.
More details will come at the end of Phase 2 - Research.
As of July 8th 2016
Research Phase underway. Second round of interviews are underway. Directional approach on first batch of deliverables received. ***Note that during the Research Phase, there is a lot of overlap in work with the Reps Portal project.
Planned work for week July 11th 2016
Complete second round on interviews. Finalize deliverable from research phase.
Phase 1 - Initialize ✅ Complete
- Project conception
- Alignment of resources
- Putting the pedal to the metal
Phase 2 - Research ⏳ In Progress
- Interview stakeholders to gain an understanding of how Volunteers interact with Mozilla across the organization.
- Identify pain points
- Identify opportunities for improving the system
- Document the current status of its administration, infrastructure and related processes.
- Establish Baseline Data
Phase 3 - Implementation
- Create project implementation plan
- Begin development work
👥 Get Involved
This project is beginning to define and reach out to round 2 stakeholders. If you believe you might be stakeholder and you haven't heard from Arielle Kilroy by June 10th, please reach out to her.
The definition of a stakeholder is someone:
- Actively involved in the project.
- Who’s interests may be positively or negatively affected either by the work of the project or the outputs from the project.
- Who may exert influence over the project or its deliverables.
Additionally, you can connect with us through Participation Systems communications channels:
📝 Project Management
Key People (RASCI)
|Arielle Kilroy||David Ascher||
Josh Howard Simon Wex Sean Rich
|Sara Haghdoosti, Andrea Wood,
Larissa Shapiro, Marcia Knous, Pierros, George, Rosana, Ruben, Konstantina, Guillermo Hannah Kane, Lucy Harris
Smartsheet (Project Plan) Forthcoming
Notes & Meetings Hub