Now that you have the general guidelines for using our Spaces, there is information you should have specific to the Space you are visiting. Below you'll find additional information to use while visiting our London Space.
There is one detail we want to call out that changes the way you "book" and use the space.
Meetings versus Events:
Meeting: Small group of Mozillians who get together for a brief amount of time - an hour or two in a conference room.
- If you are attending a meeting while in London, you'll need to check in with the front desk and coordinate supplies with your Mozilla Sponsor.
Events: Larger group of Mozillians who get together for a longer time period or need a larger space. Often times the Community area.
- If you are hosting an event while in London, you will need to work with WPR who will approve your event.
You'll know when a “meeting” becomes an “event” when the following conditions apply:
- You require any sort of catering (other than what might be available in the kitchens)
- You require supplies (other than the one dry erase marker already in the room)
- Your meeting is scheduled after London office hours which are from 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday, except on Holidays.
- Your meeting is large enough, even if it’s just Mozillians, to essentially “take over” some aspect of the space. In this case, additional approval will be needed if it's within normal business hours.
There are 3 key elements as a host
1) We want to make sure that your guests are safe in our space, because of this we will require a list of attendees for your event. If we do not have a list than your attendees will need to sign in with the building reception and with Mozilla. Please email this list to your sponsor and we will make sure we distribute the copies.
2) As a host of an event, we recommend that you come to the office 30 minutes before your event. Why? We want to help you get set up on the AV system and help you prepare for your event.
3) To make sure we are prepared as possible for your event, it would be helpful if you could send a friendly reminder to your guests not to arrive before the event is scheduled to start. If they do arrive early and the event host is not ready, they are welcome to take a seat in our reception areas until the event begins.
How to Request Use of Mozilla Space and/or WPR Support For Your Event
- If you are a paid-staff member, please use Service Now to request support for your event.
- If you are a volunteer, please submit your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requests for Brown Bags or Air Mozilla don't require WPR involvement. Both paid-staff and volunteers should file a request through Service Now request
To be sure your event has the impact you intend (and nobody goes hungry), WPR and IT needs at least two weeks (10 business days) lead-time to approve and coordinate requests.
Getting Around the Space
Mozilla London 101 St. Martin's Lane, 3rd Floor London WC2N 4AZ
- Phone Number: +44.207.855.3000
- Contact: email@example.com
- Access Details: Please check in with building reception at the ground floor. Access to the third floor Mozilla reception will be granted by the building.
- Community Space location: 3d Floor, to the left of reception
- Map: http://goo.gl/maps/t4c5h