People:MozSpaces Guidelines:San Francisco
Now that you have the general guidelines for using our Spaces, there is information you should have specific to the Space you are visiting. Below you'll find additional information to use while visiting our San Francisco Space.
There is one detail we want to call out that changes the way you "book" and use the space.
Meetings versus Events:
Meeting: Small group of Mozillians who get together for a brief amount of time - an hour or two in a conference room.
- If you are attending a meeting while in San Francisco, you'll need to check in with the front desk and coordinate supplies with your Mozilla Sponsor.
Events: Larger group of Mozillians who get together for a longer time period or need a larger space. Often times the Community area.
- If you are hosting an event while in San Francisco, you will need to work with WPR who will approve your event.
You'll know when a “meeting” becomes an “event” when the following conditions apply:
- You require any sort of catering (other than what might be available in the kitchens)
- You require supplies (other than the one dry erase marker already in the room)
- Your meeting is scheduled after San Francisco office hours which are from 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday, except on Holidays.
- Your meeting is large enough, even if it’s just Mozillians, to essentially “take over” some aspect of the space. In this case, additional approval will be needed if it's within normal business hours.
How to Request Use of Mozilla Space and/or WPR Support For Your Event
- If you are a paid-staff member, please use Service Now to request support for your event.
- If you are a volunteer, please submit your request via this Request Form.
- Requests for Brown Bags or Air Mozilla don't require WPR involvement. Both paid-staff and volunteers should file a request through Service Now request
To be sure your event has the impact you intend (and nobody goes hungry), WPR needs at least one-week (5 business days) lead-time to approve and coordinate requests.
Getting Around the Space
Mozilla San Francisco 2 Harrison Street, 7th Floor San Francisco, CA 94105
- Phone Number:
+1 650 903 0800 +1 415 243 0848 (fax)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access Details: Please see reception on the first floor in Suite 175.
- Community Space location: First floor
- Map: http://goo.gl/maps/sxsrR