« previous week | index | next week »
GFX 1.9.1 Update
- GFX blocking 1.9.1+
- borders: reviews in process, perf testing looks good, need to verify win32
- GFX wanted 1.9.1+
- SVG fonts
- karlt: no progress due to distractions. This will benefit from the infrastructure being developed for downloadable fonts.
- Do we have an update on bz's work to make <img src="foo.svg> possible?
- SVG fonts
- Video (roc/cdouble)
- Core element patch has landed
- --enable-media on trunk?
- Ogg Vorbis/Theora backend could get review, but legal issues may block
- Need to push GStreamer and Quicktime backends to patch submission
- DirectShow backend playing some movies, needs more work
- downloadable fonts (jdaggett/zack)
- unified font entry review waiting on stuart bug 437356
- have user font object hooked into Zack's @font-face parsing code bug 441473
- parsing code waiting on review bug 441469
- dbaron has preliminary comments already, zack is working on them now
- initial landing will not include unicode-range: (bug 443976) or DOM mutation (bug 443978)
- src local() functional on mac
- src url() loading code hopefully hooked up tomorrow
- pixman/cairo perf (vlad):
- Still planning on new pixman/cairo soonish
Layout 1.9.1 Update
- 1.9.1 Layout Bugs
- Acid3: Roc or dbaron, status?
- Nothing much happening, lots of patches waiting for review (dbaron, bz, jonas)
- SMIL still @ risk? (dholbert)
- Progress on integrating with CSS; should have a patch for that in a day or so.
- SVG fonts at risk?
- karlt: yes.
- SVG CSS, roc:
- Feature complete
- Patches trickling into trunk, need review mats immediately and will need reviews from mats and rlongson and others for ongoing merging
- border-image (robarnold, dbaron)
- very close to ready-to-review
- media queries (dbaron)
- awaiting review (from bzbarsky)
- CSS transforms - keith:
- Reasonably good WIP patch on Bugzilla
- Working on click detection, invalidation, z-ordering
Content 1.9.1 Update
- Content 1.9.1 Bugs
- ~30 wanted bugs, will triage today. Nothing critical for alpha1 on the list from first look.
- Worker Threads: Moving forward well. Ben will be out for a week, but will still try to get the basics in for a1. Patches up for review already, though still some changes coming. 437152.
- Cross-site XHR: Jonas and Arun had a good meeting about the remaining spec issues last week, but there's still some final decisions to be made and to agree to.
- Java/OJI bug waiting for reviews (from Jonas).
- JS 1.9.1 Bugs
- JS Tracing:
- Last week's status:
- merged m-c and TT latest
- adding tracing for various opcodes
- TT prepping for SSE opts
- landed nanojit refactorings
- This Week's Status:
- more nanojit patches
- added tracing for many opcodes, close to running some benchmarks unmodified
- perf looking good
- Last week's status:
Landed some incremental perf wins, 5-10% improvement over 1.9 so far. More coming, in review.
- Need to prioritize/file these.
- JSObject ops makeover (at risk)
- SDK / compiler adjustments on Mac (waiting on breakpad dwarf2 support)
- Profile guided input improvements
|email@example.com||review_brendan?||JS Enumeration Allocation Consternation|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||wip-patch||Interpreter creates too many doubles|
|email@example.com||review_brendan?||Reunify jsinterp.c on Windows|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Make SpiderMonkey's const extension JS2/ES4 compatible|
|email@example.com||wip-patch||elisions in array literals should not create properties (js1_5/Array/11.1.4.js)|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||FIXED||Assignment expressions have wrong type (ecma_3/Operators/11.13.1-002.js)|
|email@example.com||FIXED||Combine JSOP_LT and JSOP_IFEQ, etc., pairs|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||wip-patch||update jsdtoa with interesting pieces of more-recent dtoa|
|email@example.com||wip-patch||try inline-threading, at least with GCC if not MSVC|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||string.link does not escape url|
|email@example.com||FIXED||js_PutCallObject() is slow.|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||FIXED||SM: JSVAL_VOID as a pseudo-boolean|
|email@example.com||FIXED||Optimizing the enumeration state allocation|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||still_want?||let declarations at top level are turned into var declarations|
|email@example.com||FIXED||jsinterp control flow doesn't flow as specified|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||should support catchall getters/setters|
|email@example.com||wip-patch||refactor ExecuteREBytecode and SimpleMatch|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Date.parse cannot even parse "2008-04-26" (should understand ISO 8601)|
|email@example.com||wip-patch||JSOP_CONCATN for improved chained-concat performance|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||mark sharp object avoidance|
|email@example.com||array iteration optimization|
Mobile 1.9.1 Update
- DirectFB port
- Code in good shape, needs a final review and to be landed on mozilla-central
- bug 437948 Geolocation
- Dougt has a patch to add geolocation support to the DOM.
- bug 436083 Viewport meta tag support
- Bobby has a patch together than hooks in to Fennec to support Apple's proposed viewport meta tag
General 1.9.1 Updates
- offline, dcamp:
- Last week:
- Versioned app cache patch attached 442806 (with some followups in the dependencies). Waiting for review.
- Opportunistic/fallback caching namespace patch attached 442813. One round of review done, waiting on a new patch.
- Test suite started 443017. Some review done, will need an updated patch.
- Image requests/caching will be an issue, see bug 442809
- This week:
- Not much change - have a few more reviews and revisions of the patches above. Will need to redo the patch for 442809 to work with the changes in patch 430061.
- Last week:
- GSoc Windows Text Services Framework
- Seems to be making significant progress without much help:
- Unit test stability on Central (schrep)
- Need a query facility, like bonsai. Status?
- Need pushlog code updated on hg.mozilla.org to use new sqlite backend bug 437637, then pushlog web extension needs query support added bug 437445
- Cycle times are seemingly slower on moz-central (about an hour slower). Need to look into this. John O to investigate. Sorry, no chance to investigate yet. (01july2008)