Notices / Schedule
- shipping to beta today
- release next week
- work on your blockers
- code freeze on August 4
- please request approval before landing
- Over 17 MILLION downloads so far!
- aiming for builds early next week
- blocking22.214.171.124 and approval126.96.36.199 flags should be used
- goal of this release should be a quick-turnaround that:
- topcrash fixes, security/stability patches
- narrow scope, small changes
- contrary to some reports on the Internet, this is the usual process for Firefox and software releases; the 3.5 release was strong, stable and solid, and feedback has been extremely positive. Near the end of the release we become extremely conservative about patches to accept; the 3.5.1 release is a quick update to fold in some patches that came up late in the 3.5 release cycle.
- code freeze 21-July?
Gecko 188.8.131.52 / Firefox 3.5.1
Gecko 1.9.2 / Namoroka
- 279 open blocking1.9.2?, 38 open blocking1.9.2+
- 70 open blocking-firefox3.6?, 3 open blocking-firefox3.6+
Browser / Front End
- posted the Q3 team goals for Firefox on the wiki, as well as the evaluation of last quarter's goals
- moving on to TSnap bugs which aim to make Firefox observably faster
- some of us are working on WinCE compatibility issues
- also returning to polish bugs and exploratory sprints
- Reminder to review the Firefox.Next plan and add your comments/feedback on the discussion page or in the dev-apps-firefox thread
- Polish update: Firefox is 59% shiny (0% change)
- bug 753 is ready for review, and will need a lot of it.
- Decode-on-draw is mostly working, to the point of having header-only decodes (for size information, for proper layout), but without an incremental decode.
- Does mobile block on decode-on-draw?
- #3 topcrasher bug 470487 potential fix has landed on mozilla-central, and we're now waiting on data to see if it's actually fixed.
- bug 496573, the bug that caused Windows users to not see our firstrun fonts properly, now has a patch.
- Windows integration work has been happening:
- High quality image scaling in pixman landing might happen this week.
- Compositor phase 1 nearly ready to land: should we land it? Depends on schedule.
- No major updates this week.
Mac OS X Update
- Markus Stange is very close to having a completed patch for fullscreen in 1.9.2, bug 420491.
- 64-bit Mac OS X port blocked on gfx bug 493280.
- Cocoa NPAPI event model coming along, part of it landed, maybe 75% complete at this point.
- landed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=200505. big perf win on some benchmarks.
Phase II beginning: need project owners and mentors for tasks on this list. Please join mozilla.dev.tech.dom for project discussions.
cjones has basic IPDL docs available. We're expanding the docs as we go, so please contact him (or the list) with questions.
Bent did a "remote xpcshell" for prototyping and testing: commands can be issued to run in the parent or the child process. we also created an "IPC test harness" which can be used to experiment with IPC protocols (see the IPDL docs).
bsmedberg doing local buildbots until RelEng can hook up a full project... reporting to tinderbox.
- Places project branch handed over to sdwilsh yesterday. Please ramp up load gently ! Details in bug 459269
- has usual builds/unittests/talos
- Everyone should read other teams' goals.
- stabilizing mozilla-central for a 1.9.2 branch / 1.9.2 alpha (beltzner)
- cleaning up after large landings: interruptible reflow, content sink, cairo rewrite, focus update, asynchronous location bar
- reducing instability
- aiming to freeze for tag and branch to mozilla-1.9.2 on July 31st
- this will be used for Fennec 1.0, Firefox 3.6
- afterwards, trunk to open with staged landings for large changes
- multi-state flag for blocking-1.9.1.x:
- blocking1.9.1? - nominated
- blocking1.9.1- - not blocking
- blocking1.9.1needed - needs to go on a security/stability release
- blocking184.108.40.206+ - blocking 220.127.116.11
- blocking18.104.22.168+ - blocking 22.214.171.124
- multi-state flag for status-1.9.1.x:
- status1.9.1needstriage - needs driver attention
- status1.9.1unaffected - doesn't affect the 1.9.1 branch
- status1.9.1wanted - fix wanted for 1.9.1 branch
- status1.9.1wontfix - wontfix for 1.9.1 branch
- status126.96.36.199-fixed - fixed in 188.8.131.52
- status184.108.40.206-fixed - fixed in 220.127.116.11