Notices / Schedule
- builds started yesterday and will be finishing today
- some activity over the weekend with some last minute security fixes
- drivers are moving approval188.8.131.52? requests over to 184.108.40.206 now
- QA should be signing off today
- aiming for a late week release
Next branch updates
- there will be no more updates for Firefox 3.0.x
- the 3.5.10 and 3.6.3 branch update schedules will be posted next week
- will contain lots of small regression and security fixes
- security fixes
- hopefully out of process plugins for 3.6.3 too!
Browser / Front End
You can always see the state of Firefox projects on our tracking page.
Some recent work:
- New app update prompt
- EM work nearing completion, including new UI and support for installing addons without restart.
- Marco landed bug 542943 and might have gotten us a 90% reduction in shutdown time on heavily used profiles.
- Shawn says we're close to hitting our Q1 target: 50% reduction of i/o on main thread
If you want an RSS feed full of Firefox awesomeness like this, check out planet firefox.
- Font feature CSS support is underway. Track it in bug 549861.
Hardware Acceleration Update
- D2D bugfixing has been fast and furious for the Alpha 3 release.
- Core Animation plugin support:
- We're running into spec issues, and some vendors not seeing any reason to fix the problems we're seeing. We're working on it.
- Complete wrapperization work landed (mrbkap)
- Notifications for new-window-created landed, part of EOL'ing enablePrivilege() (sicking)
- E10s dialog and window handling done (smaug)
- Auomation for catching random oranges in VMs using record and replay (bent)
- HTML5 work moving through various reviews and followups to review comments etc (hsivonen and others)
- Working on sg:critical bugs...
- js-ctypes landed on trunk with full pointer, struct, and array support -- only big thing left to land is function pointer/callback support, patch should be up this week
- Josh and Benoit have started work on Mac OS X OOPP.
- webprogress notifications for fennec is in the review cycle, should land soon (bhsieh)
- OOPP blockers/topcrashes being worked through, but we're unlikely to get to Lorentz beta this week
- Read the latest weekly update.
- View snapshot results for startup and all other tests.
- More details on the project page.
|Estimated win||Bug #||Summary||Owner||Status||Notes|
|~10%||"Dirty Profile" Startup Reduction||Constant startup relative to profile size||Shawn Wilsher|
|significant||bug 558200||Extension profiler platform api||Steve Fink||There is an easy way to provide feedback to extension developers to help them figure out why their extension is misbehaving. We need to implement that ASAP, so typical firefox installs(with lots of extensions) can be fast|
All completed work has been landed in the upstream sources, and we'll be updating Mozilla Central's copy shortly. When this is done:
- Socorro should rebuild their minidump processor from the new sources.
- Linux x86 is ready for -fomit-frame-pointer.
- Linux x86_64 can do stack traces at all.
- Linux ARM is ready.
Jim is still working on the Mac symbol file dumper; ETA this week.
- linux physical builders coming online bug 545801
- Graphserver improvements last week bug 551532
- Network woes between 650castro and MPT
- More 10.5 builders coming online bug 552464
- Status of 10.6 64bit builds bug 519060
- Tree closure (johnath, dholbert)
- Is there a summary of jetpack integrations plans for this cycle? (bsmedberg)
- IndexedDB being tackled by sdwilsh
- People from security, releng, and IT groups met yesterday to talk about creating a private (LDAP/ssh auth) repository for security fixes
- goal is to reduce potential window of exposure by inspection and reverse engineering from months to weeks for fixes that would otherwise "bake" on trunk for months before moving to branches
- code will still land on branches shortly before we create branch builds, and get full beta audience testing
- P1: Private Automated Testing
- private hg repo (IT)
- hgweb (IT)
- tinderbox (IT)
- tinderbox pushlog (Webdev)
- Graph Server (Webdev)
- XP Firefox Builds (RelEng)
- Unit Tests (RelEng)
- Talos (RelEng)
- Fuzz Testing (jesse - already behind auth)
- Top Site Crash Testing (bc/tomcat - already have results behind auth)
- Valgrind for Unit Tests (clint?)
- FTP for builds (IT) (problem verification by small trusted test group)
- P2: Private Automated Testing
- Try Server (RelEng?) P2
- Automated Merging from Public (RelEng?) P2
- P3: Human testing and future expansion
- Nightly builds
- Nightly updates
- Secure/Authenticated AUS channels (server)
- Secure/Authenticated AUS client
- Things we need to make sure don't leak back to private repository
- Breakpad client
- Symbol Server