Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2012-06-26 - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-Boardroom
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Kilimanjaro
- 2 Notices / Schedule
- 3 Firefox Development
- 4 Firefox Developer Tools
- 5 Add-on SDK
- 6 Performance
- 7 GFX
- 8 JS
- 9 Layout
- 10 Media
- 11 DOM
- 12 WebAPI
- 13 Network
- 14 Identity
- 15 Plugins
- 16 Mobile
- 17 Accessibility
- 18 Tree Management
- 19 Security
- 20 Stability Report
- 21 Roundtable
Notices / Schedule
- Firefox for Android 14.0 released at ~6:30AM PT this morning!!!
- We are in our fourth week of the cycle
- Please continue to prioritize tracked FF14 bugs over tracked FF15 bugs over work landing on m-c
- Background updates for Windows has been enabled on FF15 (currently on Aurora).
- We've taken a fix that prevents the need for a restart to update Flash on Windows in Beta 14. Please be on the lookout for plugin regressions.
- 11.3 Adobe Flash crash investigation is ongoing
- Continuing a recent trend: plenty of Web App runtime fixes: pre-loading of indexedDB settings (bug 757678), pre-loading the appcache (bug 760365), and preliminary work on Mac for distinguishing installed/uninstalled apps (bug 756308)
- First bit of the social API work landed (bug 762579), plenty more to come (bug 762569, bug 766403)
Firefox Developer Tools
- This week's Snappy status
- Frank has picked up Australis work from Jared.
- More cache fixes coming from the Necko team.
- Lots of work going on with Peptest in collaboration with the Metrics team to improve data coming from this tool.
- Please welcome Emmanuele Bassi to the Platform Layout Team.
- Notable Patches:
- bug 757362 - Use the displayport for the dirty rect (if one is set) when building the display list for a subdocument so that position: fixed items are correctly included. (tn)
- bug 575294 - Bad news security bug (mats)
- bug 726264 - Bad news security bug (mats)
- bug 764541 - Bad news security bug (mats)
- bug 718290 - Track TEXT_IN_TEXTRUN_USER_DATA separately for inflated and non-inflated text runs. (dbaron)
- bug 765218 - Treat animation-iteration-count:0 specially. (dbaron)
- bug 655920 - Implement new values of animation-direction. (dbaron)
- bug 763702 - Ensure font inflation bits are set during frame construction for root frame. (sjohnson)
- bug 762764 - Prevent selection from descending into text boxes when extending it for things like caret navigation and extension for deletion (ehsan)
- bug 765597 - Invalidate the thebes layer as well as the overflow area when moving frames (ehsan)
- bug 767823 - Make SVG nsAutoFilterInstance take frame rects and stop using GetCoveredRegion (jwatt)
- bug 757347 - Share mask layers for memory & performance (ncameron)
- bug 767734 - Prepare SVG for DisplayList-based Invalidation (jwatt)
- bug 541270 - Correctly calculate the filter region for SVG filters on HTML to account for zooming (jwatt)
- bug 764117 - Prefer performance over avoiding seaming in border drawing (bas)
- bug 766007 - Create scrollframes for frameset documents. (roc)
- bug 703241 - PresShell::DoScrollContentIntoView and PresShell::ScrollFrameRectIntoView should take transforms into account. (roc)
- Experimenting with linking gkmedia back into xul on Windows for WebRTC - with or without PGO - bug 768325
- Switching build default for webrtc on in the near future (navigator.mozGetUserMedia() is nearing checkin) - bug 691234 -- will be behind an about:config pref
- We shipped this morning
- Reader mode landed
- bookmarks import (from stock and other webkit browsers) landed
- armv6 fennec builds enabled on all branches
- b2g debug builds enabled on all branches
Available Slots - Get 'em while they are hot!
For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar
- HTML: https://email@example.com/Security%20Review.html
- .ics: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review
Bugs marked sec-review-needed that need to be scheduled
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- bug 767996 - top crash on trunk that is now resolved fixed.
- bug 714320 Spike in this signature in early B9 data. Renominated for tracking.
- bug 768383 Likely related to Bug 714320
- bug 768395
- New version of Flash was shipped - 18.104.22.1682. Users are continuing to migrate to the new version and we are tracking new bugs correlated to the version.
- Current crashes for Fennec 14 beta 8 are under 5 crashes per 100 ADU. About the same as beta 7
- 14.0b8 Beta top crashes
- Aurora top crashes
- Nightly top crashes
- bug 765712, bug 765463 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Bad limit (capacity 2097152): -1024 at java.
- bug 765463 java.nio.Buffer.limit(Buffer.java)
- bug 761929 java.lang.IllegalStateException: The specified child already has a parent. You must call removeView() on the childs parent first. at android.view.ViewGroup.addViewInner(ViewGroup.java)