Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2013-02-05 - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x92 Conf# 95312
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Notices/Schedule
- 2 Key Issues
- 3 Roundtable
- 4 Products/Projects
- 4.1 Firefox OS
- 4.2 Firefox Desktop
- 4.3 Firefox Mobile
- 4.4 Stability Report [Weekly]
- 4.5 Snappy [Bi-Weekly]
- 4.6 Metro [1st Tuesday of each month]
- 4.7 Games [1st Tuesday of Month]
- 4.8 Mobile Web Compat [2nd Tuesday of Month]
- 4.9 Critsmash [3rd Tuesday of Month]
- 4.10 Memshrink [4th Tuesday of Month]
- 5 Engineering Metrics
- FF18.0.2 is going out today to resolve an issue making up 20% of our crash volume in FF18 (bug 831626)
- FF19b5 is going to build before the end of the day, released before the end of the week. We're still hoping to get resolution for:
- FF19b6 is going to build Monday, released by next Thursday
- FF19 sign-offs will be held next Wednesday, 10AM PT in the ReleaseCoordination Vidyo room
- FF19 will be released 2/19, alongside a new ESR17 release. Merge day has been moved from 2/18 to 2/19 due to Monday being a holiday in US/Ontario
- (joduinn) earlier b2g branching for v1.0.1, which impacts anyone doing last minute gecko landings. Watch for upcoming notices.
|Unresolved Aurora 54 Trackers (non-security, not tracked for Beta)||Unresolved Beta 55 Trackers (non-security)|
(quick reminder that the template for this meeting is found at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/0-0-0)
Actions Last Week
- (joduinn) some linux32 unittests on AWS since thursday.
- some unittests still need dev help debugging. See dep bugs linked to bug 834725
- if you see problems with linux32 unittests, please file bugs!
- (joduinn) interesting numbers from yesterday's MoFo call
- 177 compute hours per checkin
- 3,197 machines (with some AWS variablity?)
- a checkin every 4 mins
- used to handle 15 checkins per day;
- now handling 315 checkins per day (increase by factor of x21)
- Can we get a guest link for vidyo (satdav)
- It's linked to from the main page for this meeting
- also can we move the agendas to etherpad and just keep them here as a archive like after the meetings we post them to here (satdav)
- Mobile team would like to back out the UA String change from bug 829596. I'll back out after this meeting if there are no objections. (blassey)
- ASAN builds on Try? (jet)
- Developers - get all your B2G development answers here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/B2G-Clarifications. It answers:
- What important dates/deadlines should I know about?
- What's the highest priority bug I should be working on, and how do I find those bugs?
- If I find a critical issue, how can I make sure it gets fixed for X?
- Where and how should I perform v1.x landings?
- Firefox work week
- Asa wrote a blog post about what we accomplished. Keep an eye out for more detailed posts this week.
- Mixed content UI
- Blog Shout Out
- Are We Slim Yet now available for Mobile: https://staktrace.com/spout/entry.php?id=788
- Memory, Responsiveness Usability
Lots of good memory cleanups and responsiveness happenings landed in trunk
- bug 837816 - GeckoAppShell.loadMozGlue gets called three times on startup
- bug 834414 - A lot of stuff is leaked when "Don't keep activities" is checked
- bug 835356 - Awesomescreen slow to appear
Great progress on
- bug 716403 - Request to hide the navigation bar when scrolling down content
- Stability Wins
- Bitmap recycle causing crashes has been removed bug 821224 - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot draw recycled bitmaps at android.view.GLES20Canvas.drawBitmap(GLES20Canvas.java)
- bug 807606 - Installing a Root Certificate crashes Firefox
- Other Cool Stuff
- Landed in trunk, bug 834681 - Add support for basic distribution modifications
Stability Report [Weekly]
- Firefox 18.0.2 fixes a high-volume random (i.e. not really reproducible) IonMonkey crash mostly seen on Facebook (bug 806820, fix in bug 831626).
- Bugs that need attention:
- bug 836951 (nsSecureBrowserUIImpl::MapInternalToExternalState) - recent trunk regression, currently unowned
- bug 837370 (js::types::TypeCompartment::addPendingRecompile) - recent trunk regression, speculatively assigned to dvander
- bug 837288 (nsIFrame::SetNextSibling) - recently regressing on Aurora confirmed that it's caused by bug 830192, still unowned, though
- bug 787158 (nsHttpConnection::OnSocketWritable) - recently regressed on Firefox Aurora, is a topcrash for Thunderbird as well, assigned to mayhemer but no progress
- bug 836356 (Text unreadable in Android Crash Reporter) - needs an assignee
- bug 838218 - We need symbols for the Geeksphone developer devices
- bug 833574 - (b2g-frontend-crash-reporting) [Meta] Other Crash Reporting Bugs
- bug 761905 - (b2g-crash-reporting) Tracking: Crash reporting for b2g (gonk)
- bug 574727 : nsAppShell::ProcessNextNativeEvent
- bug 834372 mozalloc_abort | NS_DebugBreak_P | mozilla::layers::BasicShadowableThebesLayer::CreateBuffer
Metro [1st Tuesday of each month]
- Iteration #1 - Completed:
- Total value of iteration story points committed to: 102
- Total value of iteration story points completed: 30
- Total number of iteration stories committed to: 13
- Total number of iteration stories completed: 5
- Number of new Change Stories: TBD.
- Number of new Defect Stories: TBD.
- Team efficiency rate for story point value completion: 29%
- Team efficiency rate for number of stories completed: 38%
- Iteration build is currently under QA and Product Owner review.
- Any Defect and Change Stories will be presented to the team on Wednesday February 6.
- Iteration #2:
- Review and Planning session scheduled for Wednesday February 6.
- Iteration #2 is scheduled to run from Thursday February 7 - Wednesday February 20.
- Metro Wiki Updating:
- All Iteration #1 statistics and Iteration #2 planning details will be available on the Metro Wiki on Wednesday February 6 (EOD).
- Legacy Work:
Games [1st Tuesday of Month]
- WebAudio bug 779297
- Audio Playback landed today bug 804387.
- Planning for v1 requirements underway, feedback requested on the node list to be included which is found here Release Node List Etherpad.
- Email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WC3 is working on a draft of what should be included in version 1 and we currently intend to use that as the minimum feature set.
- Current target is to land v1 end of first quarter.
- FirefoxOS WebGL Optimizations
- Team is currently in Taiwan focused on optimizing WebGL so that it will run games well on experimental builds at MWC.
- Early results are promising but nothing definitive yet.
- BananaBread has been successfully ported using ASM.js.
- Current speed ups are about x4 faster than the JS equivalent.
- Although there are plenty of optimizations still left to do, we are moving to land the code.
- The current estimation is about a month of work left prior to seeing it land supporting mobile and desktop.
- BananaBread Multiplayer
- WebRTC has been successfully used to create peer to peer multiplayer in BananaBread.
- Currently allows 2 player, working on 6 player.