- 1 Meeting Details
- 2 Lead / Scribe
- 3 Action Items / Takeaways from Last Week
- 4 Discussion Items / Updates
- 5 Goals Check-in - 1st and 3rd meetings, monthly
- 6 Testdays and Sessions
- 7 Blog Ideas
- 8 Lightning talk / Show 'n Tell
- 9 Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)
- 10 CI Updates
- 11 Community Update
- 12 Time off / Out-of-office
- 13 PTO and other time out of office for Firefox Test Engineering
- 14 Takeaways and Action Items
Please see our public calendar for all upcoming events and meetings.
Our regular team meeting occurs every Thursday @ 9am Pacific
Lead / Scribe
- Scribe is responsible for:
- adding the action items and takeaways to the current meeting's minutes
- creating the agenda for the next meeting and carrying the action items and takeaways over to it
- sending out a notice of the availability of that agenda along with the meeting invite
- completing all of the above by the end of the week during which the meeting occurred
Action Items / Takeaways from Last Week
- Action Items:
- [ON TRACK] [davehunt] Selenium 2.45.0 is out. Let’s upgrade.
- [krupa] look into add-ons API test URL and why it isn't using command-line argument
- [stephend] why are our blog posts not being syndicated
- [DONE] [rbillings] research creating a QA channel on youtube
- We have a channel + the Mozmill training video - any other ideas as to what we could add?
- [DONE] [mbrandt] update template — create a goals link in the goals section
- [mbrandt] reach out to tchung about the old vimeo QA account. Does he know what the account credentials might be?
- [ON TRACK] Create pull requests for Web QA projects, simplifying the .travis.yml to only run * flake8 for suites where the browser tests are not currently passing
- [all] Read new documentation on Flake8 Pre Commit Hook
Discussion Items / Updates
- [davehunt] Pull request open to remove all Web QA credentials from our private repository.
- [davehunt] I've updated our PIP Requirements documentation now that we use Jenkins to install the infrastructure requirements. Any objections to me removing our webqa-infrastructure-requirements repository?
- [rbillings] - the fs2 page for VMs no longer exists, wiki isn't updated- what is the process now, service now?
- [stephend] - "Buildmaster" role: https://mozqa.etherpad.mozilla.org/buildmaster
- [stephend] - Watch, participate, heckle at today's Web QA brownbag: https://air.mozilla.org/web-qa-who-what-why-how/
- [mbrandt] - Enhance our community offerings beyond what is currently in oneanddone.mozilla.org
Goals Check-in - 1st and 3rd meetings, monthly
Testdays and Sessions
The Web QA Events page shows any upcoming meetups, test days, and other events for the team.
Have ideas you want to blog about, or you think would make interesting topics? Note them here! this is a template, so update here please
- I encourage us all to do posts similar to: https://blog.mozilla.org/webqa/2014/11/21/i-am-mozilla-web-qa-meet-stephen-donner/
- Posts are live (most recent first)
Lightning talk / Show 'n Tell
Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)
- High-priority/supported projects:
- Marketplace / AMO
- How do we proceed? [Complete Themes] Applying filters to search results - Any Firefox and All Systems - returns an incorrect result set - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1142302
- One and Done
- Marketplace / AMO
- Available for ownership:
- REMO/Mozilla Reps
If you've worked on Jenkins or Selenium Grid in the last week, add the necessary info in the Wiki
Time off / Out-of-office
PTO and other time out of office for Firefox Test Engineering
- [davehunt] - October 26 - PTO
- [davehunt] - December 12-14 - Honolulu marathon
Takeaways and Action Items
- Action Items:
- [CARRY OVER] [davehunt] Selenium 2.45.0 is out. Let’s upgrade.
- [CARRY OVER] [krupa] Look into add-ons API test URL and why it isn't using command-line argument
- [CARRY OVER] [stephend] Speak to Craig Cook about why are our blog posts not being syndicated
- [CARRY OVER] [mbrandt] Reach out to Tony Chung, All Billings, and Marcia Knous chung about the old Vimeo QA account. Do they know what the account credentials are?
- [NEW] [davehunt] Look into procedure for getting VM disc images
- [NEW] [rbillings] Based outcome of above, update wiki/intranet page
- [NEW] [all] Read and contribute to the buildmaster etherpad
- [NEW] [stephend] Post slides from brownbag
- [NEW] [stephend] Upload video from brownbag to YouTube channel (and tweet about it)
- [NEW] [all] Continue to discuss how to provide community with manual and automated tasks regularly
- [NEW] [simon] Send out e-mail with times for a proposed weekly ZAP training session
- Next owner / scribe:
- Matt Brandt
- Next week's meeting notes:
- Stephen Donner