Web QA Overview
- Sign-up or send an e-mail to the Web QA mailing list
- Join us in #mozwebqa on []. You can use Mibbit.com or Chatzilla if IRC is new to you.
I have something I need tested -- now what?
- We'd really appreciate it if you could sync up with the Web Production team; letting them know ahead of time on something you're working on helps us all get in-sync with the project, and shortens turnaround time
- Please take a look through our Support Levels document, and let's begin the discussion of what support your project needs, by when, and how we can help work towards making that a reality
- File a bug in Bugzilla, under the product Testing, and component "WebQA", asking us to test your site/application. assigning to "email@example.com", and I'll be sure to assign it to the right person, or make sure the team tests
- In the bug, please let us know of any pertinent schedules, deadlines, requirements, limitations, etc. Also, pointing us to design documentation or specs, such as mockups/HTML cuts/wireframes, etc. would be immensely helpful
- Please also list any third-party developers/firms we'll have to work with, to get the potential issues we might have found, addressed. (And please make sure they have a Bugzilla account, too.)
- How to get a project in automation
New Hires (useful chiefly for paid Mozilla folks)
Some useful information about getting started is available here.
We welcome community members to join us and take on tasks and responsibilities; please see our quality.mozilla.org page for more information/to engage.
We'd love to have your help in testing our many projects!
- See our QMO team page for information on manual and automated testing
- Sign up for the QA Contribute Mailing list
- Please see our Get Involved page for more information!
Community contributor documentation
- Contributor levels - Mapping out the levels on contribution made by our community members.
Next Team Work Week
March 17th - 21st
- Mountain View
- Lanyrd:: http://lanyrd.com/2014/mozilla-web-qa-q1-work-week/
- Intranet: Intranet page here
- Fun events Etherpad: Etherpad link here
QA PTO Calendar
Team Members and Assignments
|Name||Email Address||Availability||Project Assignments / Interests|
|Raymond Etornam Agbeame||[withheld to avoid spam]||Employee||Mozilla.com, Plugin Check, MDN|
|Rebecca Billings||rbillings at moz||Employee||SUMO lead, MozTrap, QMO|
|Matt Brandtfirstname.lastname@example.org||Employee||Firefox OS, Socorro, Affiliates, Mozillians, Firefox Health Report, +automation|
|Zac Campbellemail@example.com||Employee||Web QA automation, Gaia automation|
|Krupa Rajfirstname.lastname@example.org||Employee||AMO/Mozilla Marketplace lead|
|Florin Bogdan Strugariuemail@example.com||Contractor||Automation|
See our Automation page for details of Web QA's automation efforts.
Road to Gaia
Gaia Testing Plan
- Run MarionetteJS Tests on Device, in Jenkins - bug 979077
- Which requires profile pushing/on-device target in the runner - bug 978884
- Done, but needs both of the above bugs finished, to be useful
The following bugs are all Marionette or Gaia issues prohibiting more reliable testing/feature-testing:
= $all-$resolved ?> Open; = $resolved ?> Resolved; = $all ?> Total (0% complete)
Every Thursday @ 9am PDT/PST
- 1-800-707-2533 or 650-903-0800
- PIN 369 (if using 1-800 number)
- Ext. 92 (if using 650 number)
- Conference Number 9303#
- Vidyo - If you do not have a user account, please enter your name in Guest Name field and then click Join.
- IRC backchannel: #mozwebqa
- Meeting notes template
Current Projects + Webdev Processes
Test Plan Template and Project Checklist
** Don't forget to make yourself familiar with the latest Firefox release schedules, as we might be doing work involved with them **
Web Engagement Projects
Mozwebqabot - Our IRC Bot
See our Mozwebqabot info page for details of Web QA's friendly IRC bot.
Please read through our support levels when proposing a new project for us.
Performance and Load-Testing Tools
- Performance-testing Tools:
- Load-testing Tools:
- Garmr tool -- used for automatic, basic security checks
- HTML5 validator:
- Performance testing:
- Web QA Security Checklist
- Burp Suite; proxy for testing security
- Web Security Lab, from Stanford
- WebGoat security-learning tool
Infrastructure / Server Info
Tips and Pointers
- Tips and pointers to testing the various projects:
- Various web-testing tools
- curl -i http://www.mozilla.com -- that gives you the raw output in your terminal window
- while [ 1 ]; do curl -sI 'http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.6.8&os=osx&lang=en-US' | grep Location; sleep 1; done
- Apache Bench sample call:
- ab -n 100 -c 10 'http://webifyme-dev.allizom.org'
- Contributor's Corner where we recognize the work people have been putting in on our projects!
Interview Process + Questions
- B2G Tips & Tricks
- Web Production Team
- Website Localization
- IT Acceptance
- IT's Service-Level Agreements
- Launch Checklist
- User Agent Strings
- Awesome Unicode stuff
- Continuous Deployment
- Etsy.com video: http://www.livestream.com/etsy/video?clipId=pla_adbab6e2-c629-4bfe-b1fd-21c898693282
- Flickr video: http://vimeo.com/24542044
- James Socol's blog post: http://coffeeonthekeyboard.com/the-future-of-sumo-development-511/