- 1 Web QA Overview
- 2 I have something I need tested -- now what?
- 3 Team Details
- 4 = Upcoming PTO
- 5 Resources
Web QA Overview
Through a variety of tools and approaches, Web QA aims to ensure high quality web applications, of both external and internal applications and websites.
We'd love to have your help in testing our many projects! Are you looking for a way to contribute?
- Got a few minutes? Help our team by doing one of our tasks on One and Done
- How to get started with Manual Testing
- How to work on Automation, details on getting set up and a list of our current projects.
- Earn a Badge
- Contributor levels - Take a look at what we have to offer, and how to help the team.
- Join the QA Contribute Mailing list
- Contributor's Corner where we recognize the work people have been putting in on our projects!
- Sign-up or send an e-mail to the Web QA mailing list
- Join us in #mozwebqa on . You can use Mibbit.com or Chatzilla if IRC is new to you.
Please see our public calendar for all upcoming events and meetings.
Our regular team meeting occurs every Thursday @ 9am PDT/PST
- 1-800-707-2533 or 650-903-0800
- PIN 369 (if using 1-800 number)
- Ext. 92 (if using 650 number)
- Conference Number 9303#
- Vidyo - If you do not have a user account, please enter your name in Guest Name field and then click Join.
- IRC backchannel: #mozwebqa
- Meeting notes template
I have something I need tested -- now what?
- We'd really appreciate it if you could sync up with the Web Production team; letting them know ahead of time on something you're working on helps us all get in-sync with the project, and shortens turnaround time
- Communicate with us! Send an email directly to rbillings or stephend or the mozwebqa mailing list with your ask. Our team is a lot smaller, and we're juggling a lot of balls. This means that we need you to ask us directly for what you need, and give us some head's up. Specifically we need at least a few days notice if there is something time-sensitive that needs testing.
- File a bug in Bugzilla, under the product Testing, and component "WebQA", asking us to test your site/application. assigning to "email@example.com", and I'll be sure to assign it to the right person, or make sure the team tests
- In the bug, please let us know of any pertinent schedules, deadlines, requirements, limitations, etc. Also, pointing us to design documentation or specs, such as mockups/HTML cuts/wireframes, etc. would be immensely helpful
- Please also list any third-party developers/firms we'll have to work with, to get the potential issues we might have found, addressed. (And please make sure they have a Bugzilla account, too.)
- How to get a project in automation
We welcome community members to join us and take on tasks and responsibilities; please see our quality.mozilla.org page for more information/to engage.
Team Members and Assignments
|Name||Email Address||Availability||Project Assignments / Interests|
|Rebecca Billingsfirstname.lastname@example.org||Employee||One and Done PM, Web Engagement projects, Mozilla.com, SUMO, MozTrap, QMO|
|Matt Brandtemail@example.com||Employee||Socorro, Affiliates, Mozillians, Firefox Health Report, Plugin Check, Bouncer, +automation|
|Krupa Rajfirstname.lastname@example.org||Employee||AMO/Mozilla Marketplace lead|
Web QA Project List
|Supported Projects||Testing||IRC||Priority||Lead/Contact||Staging server(s)||Jenkins URL|
|Marketplace|| Firefox OS Automation
|QMO||Only maintenance is supported||#mozwebqa||P1||Stephen, team||http://quality.allizom.org/||CI|
|One and Done|| Automation
|Socorro||Automation||#socorro||P1||Matt / Stephen (backup)||https://crash-stats.allizom.org||CI|
|Deferred Projects||Testing||IRC||Priority||Lead/Contact||Staging server(s)||Jenkins URL|
|Mozilla Developer Network (MDN)||Automation||#mdndev||N/A||N/A||https://developer-dev.allizom.org/en-US/||CI|
|wiki.mozilla.org||Automation||#mozwebqa||P2||Team, Glenn Howard, Stephen Lester||https://wiki.allizom.org||CI|
|Transferred Projects||Testing||IRC||Priority||Lead/Contact||Staging server(s)||Jenkins URL|
** Don't forget to make yourself familiar with the latest Firefox release schedules, as we might be doing work involved with them **
Current Projects + Webdev Processes
Test Plan Template and Project Checklist
Web Engagement Projects
- 2015 Q2 brainstorming Etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/webqa-goals-2015-q2
Next Team Work Week
= Upcoming PTO
Please edit the Web QA PTO template and your changes will automagically appear here!
- QA PTO Calendar
- stephend - 2015-04-09 - 2015-04-24 - honeymoon! (Hawaii, Moorea, Bora Bora!)
- rbillings - 2015-04-13 - 2015-04-15 yay Redwoods
- bsilverberg - 2015-05-20 - 2015-05-22 - PTO
- bsilverberg - 2015-08-03 - 2015-08-28 - PTO
- SoftVision - 2015-05-01 Holiday in Romania (Labor Day)
- SoftVision - 2015-06-01 Pentecost Holiday in Romania
New Hires (useful chiefly for paid Mozilla folks)
Some useful information about getting started is available here.
Please read through our support levels when proposing a new project for us.
Mozwebqabot - Our IRC Bot
See our Mozwebqabot info page for details of Web QA's friendly IRC bot.
- Video of Intro to the One and Done website, by Rebecca Billings for Firefox Student Ambassadors 2/17/2015
- Slides from Stephen Donner's 11/3/2010 presentation at the London Selenium Meetup @ Google
- Slides from Stephen Donner's 10/22/2010 presentation at Mozilla HQ
- Slides from Stephen Donner's 6/24/2009 presentation at Mozilla HQ
- Slides from Raymond Etornam's 5/19/2010 presentation at Mozilla HQ