Fennec 8 Beta 5 Test Plan
- Current Milestone: Firefox Mobile 8.0
- Release: Thursday Oct 28th
- QA Contact: Kevin Brosnan
- IRC: irc://irc.mozilla.org#qa kbrosnan
- Builds: Firefox 8.0b5 | changeset | pushlog
|Catalin||Android (Phone 2.2)||Completed - October 27th, 2011|
|Camelia||Android (Phone 2.3)||Completed - October 27th, 2011|
|Catalin||Android (Tablet)||Completed - October 27th, 2011|
Lite verification tests (or smoketests) will be first run when the builds are ready. Tests are available on litmus under the Fennec 8.0 Test Suite. In any case of failure in any Smoketest, blockers need to be raised ASAP before proceeding to the BFTs.
BFTs and exploratory for 8.0b5 Features
|Andreea, Carla, Cami||LG Optimus 2X, Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, HTC Desire Z||Completed - October 28th|
BFTs are a more comprehensive set of litmus tests that cover functional testing of features that have landed on Fennec 8. Tests are available on litmus under the Fennec 8 Test Suite.
|Camelia||Samsung SPH-M930 (Transform Ultra)||Blocking issues|
|Camelia||Motorola Droid Bionic||Blocking issues|
|Camelia||Samsung SGH-T839 (Sidekick 4G)||October 28th, 2011|
Work includes wrapping up bug verifications from the Aurora channel. There are no specific beta bug fixes in this first release.
No mobile specific issues were addressed in Beta 5. The extension manager changes were related to downgrading or having more than one version of Firefox writing to the same profile. This is not a use case that can happen to a normal user.
- bug 697962 - Uncaught exception: Exception... "User canceled master password entry" nsresult: "080004004 (NS_ERROR_ABORT)" @ crypto-SDR.js
- bug 697980 - Master Password confirmation is not requested when a new credential is saved
- bug 697991 - Master Password popup is not triggered when a page with saved credentials is reloaded if Master Password confirmation was denied before