< QA | Firefox3.5(Redirected from QA/Firefox3.1/DOMWorkerThreads TestPlan)
- Feature DOM Worker Threads Test Plan
Currently, everything is on one UI thread and this affects performance of the browser. DOM Worker Threads allows the developer to break up processing into multiple threads in order to increase this performance and take strain off of the UI thread.
We need to test message passing, error passing, timeouts/intervals, security, scoping, interaction with the platform are all bug free.
- implement worker threads https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=437152
Test coverage consists of:
- Verifying the above bugs and regression-testing affected areas
- Running the Mochikit tests
- Example code
- Performance comparisons, Matthew Russel's Vector Graph Code
- Automated test cases
Running all of the above should take the better part of a day to thoroughly ensure validation.