QA/LATAM QA Meetup 2015
- 1 Description
- 2 Objective of the Meetup
- 3 Why QA?
- 4 Learning Opportunities
- 5 Who you will meet
- 6 Criteria for Participation
- 7 How to Apply
- 8 Applications are now closed for this event. Thanks for your Submissions!
- 9 Deadlines
- 10 Application Review
- 11 Questions?
- 12 Planning Etherpad
- 13 Working Etherpad
On July 11th and 12th, the QA team will be participating along with the l10n team in an event in Lima, Peru.
Objective of the Meetup
The purpose of this meetup is to provide a general overview of Firefox Desktop QA as well as give participants a chance to do some live testing of a Firefox Desktop feature.
QA is a wonderful entry point to the Mozilla project that doesn't necessarily require a lot of technical knowledge. Learning QA techniques in general can help you get in a job testing not just software, but all different types of things (hardware, web testing, etc).
- General overview of QA
- Introduction to MozTrap
- QA best practices
- QA Testing methodology
- Testing and debugging a Firefox Desktop feature in a hackathon session
Who you will meet
- QA Engineers and testers, l10n localizers
Criteria for Participation
Only community members who reside in Latin America are eligible to apply for spots in the meetup. We are using this list to determine countries that are eligible.
- Available to travel to the event in Lima, Peru on Friday, July 10, 2015 and stay until the conclusion of the event on Sunday, July 12
- Some familiarity with using Firefox Desktop
- Ideally the participant will be willing to train others in their community
- Enthusiasm and a thirst for learning is really what is needed!
How to Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Important: Please add "QA LATAM Meetup" to the subject line of the email
- Your name and contact information
- Your Mozilla Reps or Mozillians profile if you have one
- Your location in Latin America
- Short biography
- Why you are interested in participating and what you hope to get out of the project
Applications are now closed for this event. Thanks for your Submissions!
- Applications should be submitted no later than May 2, 2015.
- Application Review will begin on May 3. We will select 5 individuals to participate in this meetup. We will contact you via email if you are selected to participate.
- Please contact email@example.com