From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Mozilla QA Meeting March 05, 2014 (Video Replay)

# Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
# Vidyo:
# Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9245 (US/INTL)
#         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9245 (US Toll Free)
#         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 9245 (Canada)
# IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

QA Show and Tell

  • This week:
  • Next week:

New Hires & Interviews

Upcoming Events/Conferences


Travel / PTO

  • [dclarke] PTO 04/1 - 04/12
  • [tony] PTO 3/5-3/20
  • [kthiessen] In Portland for Mozilla Reps meetup -- Apr 5-6 (might take a day on either side of the weekend)
  • [kbrosnan] - Tribe March 5-6
  • [ashughes] - Mar 4-7 in SF for TRIBE
  • [lizzard] Mar 5-6 TRIBE in SF
  • [lizzard] Mar 24-27 Web Eng workweek in MV.
  • [geo] FxOS perf workweek Mar 31 - Apr 4
  • [marcia] PTO 3/7
  • [stephend] PTO 3/3-3/5+
  • [nohlmeier] PTO 3/6

Last Meeting Action Items

(geo--wasn't sure if these were resolved or not, sorry if I carried one over unnecessarily)

  • [marcia] Send out suggestions/requirements for contribution email. [carryover]
  • [Clint] Figure out meeting invite, add recent hires, etc. [carryover]
    • Resolved (once we move offices)
  • [henrik] bugzilla re: crash reporting channel, loop in Stephen [carryover]
    • bug 974649 filed for the auto-submission. I will follow-up with the channel details once we have the env variable
  • [clint] Review/dashboard? of survey results [carryover]
    • Reviewed
  • [ctalbert] - re-configure the meeting template along the lines of the survey
    • and send a summary out to dev-quality
      • Info in etherpad, not summarized yet
  • [ctalbert and marc] to talk about getting on airmoz
  • [jsmith] to send out info on bugbash
    • Resolved

Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • [edwong] - in SF - learning node and JS
  • [nhirata] major crash issue : historically we had all hands on deck; Should we have a hit squad instead? [ie too many cooks in the kitchen syndrome ]
  • New and improved meeting format (from our discussion last week):
  • Welcome NjPark!
  • [ctalbert] Questions about QA+/QA- and other triage flags for querying only: to Email or Not to Email (bug 978850)
    • xtag improvements
    • possibly something opt in
    • but xtag is better
    • [jsmith] Seems like we should think about this at a more broad perspective - this doesn't just apply to QA+/QA-
  • [post everything] - mtn view seating plan
  • [geo] Any early conclusions re: the staff/community email?

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

  • Firefox
    • Firefox 28.0b8 released yesterday, 28.0b9 releases Friday (second to last week before Metro ships)
    • Beta, Aurora, Nightly feature sign-offs coming up this week.
  • ESR (mwobensmith)
  • Stability (KaiRo)
  • Automation (ashughes)
  • Security (mwobensmith)
    • Heads up on next week's Pwn2Own - possible chemspill
  • Community

Mobile (Tony)

  • Firefox for Android (Kevin/Aaron)
    • 28.0b8 should be live today
    • Stability (kbrosnan)
      • overall crash rate looking pretty good
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • [nhirata] MWC was a success; Flashing team got recognition.
    • Stability (nhirata)
    • [jsmith] Test Run for Buri Run 1.4 is more than half way complete
      • [jammink] will need to run all of Customized UI testcases for testrun this week
    • [jsmith] Still providing IOT QA Support on 1.3 as needed
    • [jammink] Following Verifyme bugs for 1.3 release
    • [jammink] still clarifying Task Manager reqs for 1.4
    • [delphine] Localization Run for v1.3 completed yesterday. More info on thread entitled: "Localization v1.3: 2nd half completed", sent yesterday on dev.gaia and b2g/qa mailing lists (sorry had to run off to urgent meeting, shoot me a message on that thread if you've got any questions)
    • Metrics (geo)
      • Meeting w/ release management tomorrow re: their metrics dashboarding and to figure out what we can reuse
    • Performance (geo)
      • Reached early agreements b/w partner and performance re: how to quantify scrolling uniformity for measurement and acceptance (percentage of video refreshes with unexpected amounts of movement). Some findings around this driving discussions within
  • Community Members Onboarding

Services (Edwin)


  • beta test pass next week
  • train 4 pending build issues
  • fxOS working on test infrastructure and CI


  • micro-work week next week
  • discussing cloud sync api
  • waiting for clock skew issue to get disabled
  • load testing


  • Starting to get involved
  • involved in platform QA for webRTC

Web (Stephen)

  • Affiliates
    • No updates
  • B2G/Gaia testing:
    • 5 Green v1.3 builds in a row
  • Now sending v1.3 automation reports to qa-b2g
  • Bouncer
    • No updates
  • Engagement Projects
    • Newsletter testing ongoing this week
  • Firefox Health Report
  • Firefox Marketplace
    • shipped weekly release on Monday
  • Mozillians
    • A big thank you to :jeffpotts and :justinpotts for dev + automation work completed for Mozillians
  • MDN
    • continuous delievery no update
  • Socorro
  • SUMO
    • Continuous Deployment
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • Intro to Web Testing event last Friday, low attendance but learned some good info for the next time we do it
    • See Mozillians status
    • Meeting with StumbleUpon & Netflix to discuss tools and process for CD. justinpotts is going to work with the Mozillians team to apply these ideas to the project

Community (Marcia)

got fixed, ; Rika Pi is a strong contributor for QA who came in through the qa-inquiry list on Feb. 10th and is also interested in working on Firefox for Android.

Firefox Automation (Henrik)

  • General
  • Projects
  • MozTrap (Cameron)
  • Community Members Onboarding

Action Items

  • [ctalbert] Continue to pursue solutions about QA+/QA- and other triage flags for querying only: to Email or Not to Email (bug 978850)
  • [ctalbert] Final update to QA meeting template

Template available at: