From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

5 May 29, 2013

# Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
# Vidyo:
# Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9245 (US/INTL)
#         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9245 (US Toll Free)
#         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 9245 (Canada)
# IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

   New Hires & Interns
   June 3rd - Swaroopa (intern) for b2g starting : mentor-jhammink
   June 3rd - Vaidik for Web QA (Marketplace): mentor-Krupa
   June 3rd - Samvedena for Desktop: mentor-Anthony

   Upcoming Events/Conferences 
   B2G 1.1 mini workweek in SD (naoki)
   Selenium Conference, June 10-12th

   Anthony Hughes will be late to this meeting due to meeting conflict

Travel / PTO

   [jsmith] WebRTC Work Week in Mountain View - June 10th - June 14th
   [jsmith] PTO on 5/30/2013
   [jsmith] Remote in NY on 5/28, 5/29, and 6/1
   [kbrosnan] PTO 5/30, 6/3-6/7
   [henrik] Jun 2nd - Jun 8th in MV for mini Metro automation work week
   [marcia] PTO May 29-31
   [geo] PTO Tuesday+Wednesday 5/28+29 (come to !)
   [karl] PTO Thur - Tues -- see above re: BayCon ^^
   [nhirata] Travel : Wed 5/29 evening ~ Sat 6/2 evening San Diego Leo Work Week
   [ashughes] June 3-7 in MV

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

   Firefox 22.0 Beta 3 to ship Thursday
   Had a meeting with Asa about Firefox roadmap. It will be communicated by him soon.
   Metro Firefox iteration #7 completed this week

   ESR (mwobensmith) 

   Stability (marcia) was filed to backfill the data missing on 5-25. There is also data missing on 5-21.
   Aurora - Top Aurora crash but latest comment indicates Relevant Knowledge is investigating is the #3 top crash and has had no movement since last week
   Beta showed up on the explosive report as a 3 day spike
   Nothing to report for release - crash rates look very good
   Trunk was backed out but was pretty explosive on the trunk causing almost 66K crashes on the trunk in the last few days

   Automation (ashughes)

   WebRTC (jsmith)
   Media flow checking mochitests updated and ready for review
   Exploratory testing on incoming blockers
   Next focus - more exploratory testing + media track peer connection automation
   Security (mwobensmith)
   More mixed content testing


Mobile (Tony)

   Firefox for Android (Kevin/Aaron) 
   looking for any dynamic toolbar blockers
   Nightly & aurora users
   Performance stats gathered for Product requires a google docs account
   Stability (nhirata) 
   No Crashkill meeting due to Memorial Day:
   Nightly spiked over the weekend :
   Database crashes and Flash crashes remain the top types of crash
   B2G (Geo/jhammink) 
   1.0.1 now in IOT #3 (chile,spain) and IOT #2 (poland)
   IOT Chile  - OEM is planning to pick a build for IOT #3 in the next few days; doesn't fix all the bugs though.
   1.0.1 B2G Release checkist :
   Outstanding issues with Youtube app, Google calendar API certs
   1.1.0 Testrun - 90% Complete (seeing if QAnalysts can cover more cases and what's blocking)
   Query on "inarirun2' whiteboard for associated failures:
   1.1 triage is now driven by Leo team (with Mozilla's help)
   MMS excluded from testrun but testcases about to be imported
   TEF also not involved with testrun
   specs are forming now in mozilla box account
   sprint planning discussions and feature work
   Swaroopa starts next week 
   Qanalysts - Steven Thompson resigned, Eliot Sands stepping in
   Stability (nhirata)
   unagi on MC issue
   Leo device still needs some help w/ RIL.  
   Going to Leo Work week to try to sort that out.
   Apps (jsmith)
   One off partner app customization testing as needed
   Still battling trying to get YouTube functional for 1.01
   Community Members Onboarding

Services (Edwin)

   AWS is live!
   gmail-bigtent build to QA tomorrow - deploy end of Q2
   B2G tests PR submitted, but pending as it's old code
   Mozilla idp - testing - karl
   jenkins/sauce - automation stability - karl

   edwin: just ran unit tests. working on b2g flow
   Working with zaach on ideas for PiCL IdP and Server
   Working with JR on server-side stuff
   sync - (jbonacci) issues, so many issues
   Working with OPs and Dev and some possible short and long-term fixes
   These ideas will be carried forward to PiCL Server
   heka - used by push and picl - jbo/karl
   jbonacci: working with RaFromBRC on heka stand-alone testing and on usage for PiCL IdP and Server
   picl (jbonacci)
   Full steam ahead on architecture for client (desktop/android), IdP, and Server
   Server stack to include some Services team services: Loads, Marteau, Vaurien, Heka, etc.
   Testable client: TBD
   Testable server: TBD
   FFos support - PiCL v2
   location services- starting up

Web (Stephen)

   B2G/Gaia testing: 
   Added another Inari running v1.0.1 to the mix, so now have 6 running tests (and 3 Unagis, still, running v1-train)
   Reviewing test results this week has been distracted by changes to Marionette's tap logic which has necessitated a change to almost every test but it is a necessary step to be using native taps rather than synthesized taps
   bugs are marked as blocking - Get GaiaTest UI smoke tests running reliably in Jenkins CI, and we're working with the A-team on them
   All Marketplace testing blocked by dev change to app packaging
   New contributor 'sleepr' running b2g desktop ui tests

   Engagement Projects 
    Minor updates pushed to Firefox Flicks

   Firefox Health Report
   Test harness coming soon -
   Updates -

   Firefox Marketplace ships on 05/30 
    weekly release shipped 05/29

    Targeting a small release for tomorrow

    continuous deployment, no QA updates for now

    Milestone 48 slated to be released tomorrow

   Community Members Onboarding
    sleepr is running Desktop B2G tests (Gaia UI Tests)

Community (Marcia)

   Open Badges -
   Parul working on formulating specifics of what the design challenge similar to the one that Web Dev ran. Need to define some of the parameters of how the badges need to look before the design challenge can be posted

   Upcoming Events  
      Mozilla Summit - October
   Invitations have gone out to community and registration will commence
   Email went out from Mardi about next steps
      Mozilla Summit Assembly - June 14-16 in Paris. - Mozilla is a Gold Sponsor.
      Mozilla Reps events: https://reps.mozilla.oarg/events/#/period/future/

   Testdays (ashughes)
   Anthony to begin mentoring Gabriela to have our first contributor organized testday (date TBD)
   No testdays on the immediate horizon, please contact Anthony Hughes ASAP if you have a testday you want organized (particularly WebQA, Services, Automation)
   mwobensmith would like to plan a Mixed Content Blocking test day in the very near future
   Metro Firefox test day to be scheduled soon.

   Video Work
    No update this week (Raymond)
    no update

   Community Members Onboarding

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)


   B2G performance
   We are now measuring inaris. See and select inari under device.
   Mozmill (Henrik)
   There are a couple of issues left before Mozmill 2.0 rc4 can be released
   We are pretty close to have a green testrun for our Firefox desktop tests (except restart tests)
   Mozmill CI (Henrik)
   Everything is now alive in the new cluster in MPT. The old CI cluster has been shutdown finally!
   Testing Ubuntu 13.04 on staging - new VMs will be requested if everything runs stable enough soon
   Working on getting the l10n tests moved to the production CI
   Web QA
   New version of pytest mozwebqa preparing for release this week
   Followed (hopefully) by pytest browsermob and zap proxy plugins
   Finished prototype of Firefox download link tests using browser

   MozTrap (Cameron)
    Rebecca Billings taking over as the front-line for QA requests.

   Community Members Onboarding 

Roundtable/Discussion Items

   [jsmith] FYI - Commit level access is going to be applied to Mozilla github repositories
   [mschifer] Test Days - participation and planning.
   [camd/rbillings] - Rebecca taking the lead on QA admin requests for MozTrap
   [tchung] - discuss the FFOS train proposal?

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items

   Action Items    
   Last Meeting 
   Action Items