From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Wednesday, July 31

# Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
# Vidyo:
# Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9245 (US/INTL)
#         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9245 (US Toll Free)
#         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 9245 (Canada)
# IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

   QA Show and Tell
   This week:
   Next week:
   New Hires & Interviews 

   Upcoming Events/Conferences 
   [tony] [mwobensmith] Blackhat, July 30-Aug 2
   [camd] Coming to Mt. View 8/5-9 for the A-Team work-week.
   A-team work week from Aug 5th - Aug 9th
   [nhirata][marcia][mbrandt][kbrosnan] Crashkill Work Week/MntView : Aug 19th ~ 23rd

   Firefox OS Sprint Work Weeks
   [marcia] Firefox OS Media Sprint Work Week/Vancouver - August 6-8th
   [jammink ][mbrandt] Comms work week, Paris, Aug 3 -11
   [jammink] Comms work week, Oslo, Sept 7 - 15
   [jammink] TRIBES training, Toronto, August 27 - 29
   TRIBES Session 1 training session just announced for the end of October in the Bay Area - signups are happening now

Travel / PTO

   [stephend] July 26th - August 9th vacation
   [henrik] PTO from July 29th - Aug 9th
   [juanb] PTO Aug 8 - 26
   PTO from July 29th - Aug 1st
   [kbrosnan] PTO - July 30 and Aug 12, working from RI in-between
   [nhirata] PTO Aug 5th ~ August 12th
   [mwobensmith] Likely PTO Fri Aug 2
   [marcia] PTO Friday Aug 2
   [jammink] TRIBES training, Toronto, Aug 28 - Sept 
   [aaronmt] PTO Friday Aug 2 / Ontario Civic Holiday on Monday
   [zac] PTO Aug14-Sept2nd holiday w/some work

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

    Firefox 23 releases next week
   Working on revising our testing approach for each branch. Ongoing discussions during desktop QA meetings.
   Metro Firefox: shooting for Fx26 merge (aggressive)
   Australis: To land as soon as it is ready (25/26?). Team is working on perf regressions.

   ESR (mwobensmith) 
    ESR 17.0.8 next week

   Stability (marcia)

   Automation (ashughes)

   Security (mwobensmith)
   Ongoing CSP and mixed content


Mobile (Tony)

   Firefox for Android (Kevin/Aaron) 
   Stability (kbrosnan) 
   B2G (Geo/jhammink) 
   Testing Status by Version
    46/47 smoke tests passing
    Team is cleaning up testcases and moving them to 1.2
    [Device Porting]
    1.1 HD
   HelixRun1 will complete tomorrow(7/26~7/31). 75% completed till date.
    QA team will prepare for Test run2 which is expected to complete by Aug 10
   July 29, Huawei released a new base image. But the build still has many  blocking issues. 
    No decision on a 1.2 device yet, so we are still Unagis this week
    Note - We've started doing full smoke test runs on 1.2 now daily (47 tests) on unagi
   Geolocation and FM Radio CTS tests finalizing this week (dclarke, geo)
   Bug 896582  - part of content/media tests working on b2g (martijn)
   Bug 873149, slowest test reporting mochitest updated patch, almost fixed (martijn)
   Adding preload=metadata to content/media tests, bug 898696 (martijn)
   Stability (nhirata)
   Issue with duplicating report still continues.
   Waiting for Socorro API
   1.2 : leo has driver issue thus touchscreen doesn't work
   [jsmith] ADU Debugging on Buri Devices Last Week
   [jsmith] 1.1 App Manifest Property Testing
   [jsmith] Working on Media Recording API Test Plan
   Other 1.2 
   [jammink] Streaming tests
   we'll try spoofing the android firefox UA string on Leo today and running the links
   [jammink][mbrandt] Comms QA Test Reviews; prepping for work week
   [jammink] 1.2 testcase cleanup/review underway in Moztrap
   [jammink] QA for productivity team?
   Community Members Onboarding

Services (Edwin)

   Security and hot fix on tomorrow's train
   B2G - picking up again persona tests

   PiCL-IdP - API is stabilizing. Unit and Integration tests are being rewritten
   Load testing design is still a work in progress
   PiCL general: discussions are still ongoing, primarily focused on storage back-end (in-house and third-party)
   a lot of reading going on in QA
   Heka - v0.3 is out there, QA is working through documentation and various test scenarios
   Loads - support is now there for SimplePush
   support to be re-engineered for picl-idp since they changed the test infra support (mocha --> tap)
   SimplePush - load test workflow waiting for sign off
   cluster for client almost ready
   blocked by server bugs
   Campaign Manager - server that returns strings for Android notification tray
   ramping up automated tests

Web (Stephen)

    Regression on dev - [dev][traceback] Unable to register new accounts

   B2G/Gaia testing: 
   Caught bug 900012 within 2hrs of the build, causes crashes in camera/video apps
   Lots of problems with Leo Wifi, no usable results yet
   Demonstrated HTML report to the devs at Tuesday meeting and will aim to start sending it early next week
   Split out the marketplace test results to suit the two different audiences
   Several tests re-enabled after Marionette improvements
   Green build on the v1-train unagi build, good stability


   Engagement Projects 
   Flicks released new search and voting features
   Newsletter updated /en-US to have double opt-in email feature

   Firefox Health Report
   No updates from webqa
   Firefox Marketplace ships on 08/01 
    shipped weekly release

   2013-07-29 released:
   updates to profile pages
   improved form validation and error messaging
   l10n fixes

    continuous deployment

    Milestone 55 released -


   Community Members Onboarding

Community (Marcia)

   Open Badges
   Contacted by community contributor interested in design
   pragmatic drafted a blog post with some design examples and is seeking feedback. Sent via email this morning.

   Upcoming Events 
   Mozilla Summit, October 4 - 6th
   Summit "What's Happening" Brown Bag - Monday, August 5 at 10 AM Pacific. Will be recorded on Air Mozilla
   People and Process team completed first phase of their work:
   Travel Form should be completed by July 31
   Hotel Information coming
   We don't have a scheduled Mt. View meetup for August
   Matthew Claypotch proposed one, but it did not come to fruition
   Anthony Hughes proposed one the week he is in MV in August, but we elected not to go forward because more prep is needed
   With focus on Summit the next 10 weeks, marcia does not have a lot of cycles to run these events on a monthly basis.

   Testdays (ashughes)
   No upcoming Testdays at this time.

   Video Work
   No update this week. (Raymond)
   Vimeo account has been renewed for the next year

   Community Members Onboarding     

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)


   MozTrap (Cameron)
   Community Members Onboarding 

Roundtable/Discussion Items

   [jsmith] QA Wanted proposal never finished execution - what are we doing here?
   [marcia] Getting Feedback review requests - are we doing reviews?
   [jsmith] General Question off of this - 2013 Performance Reviews - When is this Happening?
   [jsmith] New QA reqs - do we know when they are going to be available on
   [marcia] Q3 Goals - refresh my memory regarding what we decided to do
   [marcia] Any updates on the new office space relating to QA - QA lab, etc. Last meeting was a while back with Lisa Gray and the architect

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


   Action Items
    Setup a forum for QA Community?
               Open source forum software
               Firefox OS community on cellphone modding forum 
               First-ever Mozilla forum established in 1998
   Geo to follow up with Marc re: qawanted
   marcia to create a set of goals for QA Community and post on the Goals page
   Geo/Marcia, follow up on mozilla-g SSID, if still broken make sure bug is resurrected
   Last Meeting 
   Action Items 

Template for this document is here: