- 1 QA Staff Meeting Notes August 3, 2011
- 1.1 QA Org Items
- 1.2 Discussion Items
- 1.3 QA Team Updates
- 1.4 Notes, Takeaways and Action Items
QA Staff Meeting Notes August 3, 2011
QA Org Items
- New Hires
- Jason Smith - Firefox QA (Jan 2012)
- Upcoming Events
- AaronMT (Aug 22-26th, vacation)
- Tony (August 15, vacay)
- Juan Aug 5 - 23
- Billings x 2: Aug 26- Sept 9
- Cam birthday: 10th
- Share Highlights from Unconference-style Workweeks
- WebQA, BT, QAAuto
- Bugzilla Dashboard for Feature Tracking? (tchung)
- See Dangoor's dashboard idea
QA Team Updates
Desktop Firefox (Juan)
- Fx6b5: Possible go-to-build today. If no issues, this becomes the RC
- uTest round of web compatibility testing starting this week, across branches: media, gaming, financial, productivity
- Crash Investigation
- Maintenance and Security (Al)
- Firefox 3.6.20
- Firefox 3.6.20
Browser Technologies (Tony)
- Fennec (kbrosnan)
- Sync (james, tracy)
- Client trains running well
- Sync Setup Improvements coming together.
- The reconfiguration of Test/CI and Stage environments is nearing completion.
- Have a "train of trains" planned for this week to cover 4 important fixes/changes:
- sync storage
- account portal
- node assignment
- Test pilot (tracy)
- Dropped built-in notification support (issues with how it was being used)
- 1.1.3 pushed to AMO to fix a regression in aurora and nightly
- Identity (james)
- BrowserID Test Plan is finished and posted here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/BrowserID/TestPlan
- Zandr has configured some new test environments: Prod, Dev, and Beta (for QA)
- The first weekly train (Train 1) has been deployed to the Beta environment.
- QA testing on Beta will continue today (Wed) and again next Mon-Wed
- Firefox Pancake (nhirata)
- AMO 6.1.8 is going live 08/04
- pull request queue is full - lots of code review/merges happening
- Engagement Projects
- Webify Me
- uTest QA cycle started 08/03.
- Webify Me
- no new updates, rbillings covering during mbrandt's work week
- Working on mozilla.com/.org merge
- Shipped 0.9.9 buglist
- Shipped 2.1 yesterday
- Upcoming Testdays/BugDays/Meetups
- Video Work
- QMO.next (Al):
QA Automation Service (Henrik, David)
- Work week was a great success. Still working on pulling results together.
- Meeting notes and a preliminary list of action items can be found on the wiki.
- Code-complete for Mozmill 1.5.4. First RC coming soon
- Preview release of Mozmill 2.0 targeted for this week
- Initial version of py.test plugin for WebQA is available. Please give feedback. https://github.com/davehunt/pytest-mozwebqa
- Automated Testing for WebApps
- We have started to investigate proposed use cases for automation
- Have to come up with a good estimate and needed human resources given the amount of work
- Team Presence (Documentation)
- Lots of take-aways from the Automation work week
- Needs to be further discussed and layed out before the documentation can be started
- Infrastructure Investigation
- An overview about the current situation has been identified during the work week
- Selenium Grid 2
- Still trying to solve an issue with sessions
- No updates
- Gave Demo to uTest of current UI. Went well. Awaiting feedback.
- Dev team is on vacation
- Working with uTest on getting platform requests processed
- Writing user workflows in collaboration with uTest
- spec'ing out tasks for Litmus migration
- working with our branding person, Sondra, on colors, icons, etc.
Notes, Takeaways and Action Items
- Add notes here
- Matt is going to Cluj, let him know about any information you want him to impart while he is there. Keep track of the automation work week next week, a lot of takeaways from that will become action items for outsourcing.
- Browser Technology Lightning talks are tomorrow at 2pm.
- Update the whois page with your information: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/whois#Who_is_QA
- Update the phonebook. Make sure you have a picture and something meaning full in the "I work on" section.
- Vote on bags before tomorrow - Marcia would like to get the bags ordered.