From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

QA Staff Meeting Notes Aug-15-2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • item
    • item
  • Upcoming Events/Conferences
    • item

Travel / PTO

  • jammink at B2G work week, Sao Paulo, Aug 26 - September 1
  • juanb: Aug 23 - Sept 2; vacation.
  • Tchung paternity for 4 weeks.
  • nhirata : aug 15 ~ aug 20 vacay
  • camd - Aug 15 - Aug 22
  • jsmith: Aug 23 - 27 PTO

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

Mobile (Tony)

  • Issues
  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • Daily Smoketest (process) running smoothly; currently 6 open blockers in latest
    • Gaia apps and System test plan taking shape
      • please use new template format if you're onboarding and/or owning a test area: Please do not deviate from the template!
      • basic rule here is 1 test per row; one column per build - do not nuke additional rows/columns because these might be needed for calculation
    • Discussions happening re: security/perms testing requirements, methodology. Hope to nail stuff down next week at WebAPI work week
    • Rough draft of on-device plan here: -- need to fill in existing exercises and gauge testing gap
    • First draft on Contacts API plan up:
  • Pancake (nhirata)
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Services (jbonacci)

  • Sync Server (jbonacci/jrgm): Sync Server
    • TokenServer work continues in Dev and Stage
      • Includes BID and ToS requirements for Production
    • AITC work continues in Dev and Stage
    • Sync + MetLog work continues in Dev and Stage
  • BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm): BrowserID
    • Train 33: Bug 779264 - browserid: QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.07.30 to production
      • Version: 5cfd2d9 update ChangeLog and version with fix for issue #2206
      • NOTE: This is off of an AWS/ephemeral deploy. Stage is isolated for the BID "DevOps" team to debug.
    • QA is working with the BID "Stabilization" team to help establish controls for functionality, compatibility, and stability across trains.
    • Train 34 is coming this Friday and should take us to end of August.
    • Persona Beta release date is now set for 2012.09.18 (formal announcement date)
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • Leah (klrmn) continues to offer her help for BID automation alongside BID Dev and WebQA.
  • Hiring and Training
    • Recruiting has started phone screening candidates again for Services QA.

Web (Stephen)

  • Adi is leaving us after this Friday, the 17th :-(
    • Huge thanks for all his contributions (Marketplace, Grid, Community); we look forward to more as he returns to his final semester
  • Affiliates
    • 2012-08-15 Prod outage due to MySQL server being run as read-only when Zeus was did not restart properly - bug 782994
  • AMO
  • BrowserID
    • Working with Leah + Identity dev team to help stabilize tests
    • No updates
  • Mozillians
    • No updates
  • MDN
  • Socorro
  • SUMO
    • Continuous Deployment; smooth sailing
  • Community Members Onboarding

Community (Marcia)

  • Projects
    • Update on Syracuse University Project
    • Posting tasks to QMO - [rbillings]
    • marcia investigating a new tool that the People team thinks might help with community building
  • Upcoming Events
  • Testdays (ashughes)
  • Video Work
  • (Raymond):
    • no update
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)



  • MemChaser 0.4 will be released today
  • MozDownload 1.2 will be released today
MozTrap (Cameron)
  • Matt Brandt is looking into BIRT for the new moztrap report for B2G
  • I was contacted by a tester at "Backstop Solutions" interested in doing some development on MozTrap. I'm in contact with him and will help him with his pull requests.
Community Members Onboarding
  • item

Basecamp Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • <add item>

Other Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • - Looks as if some teams do not have goals listed, and top level goals are not there [marcia]
    • Rolling QA goals up to the top level Mozilla goals
  • New Meeting time survey:
    • Monday, Tues and Wed we have standing 11 AM Pacific Meetings
    • Potential Pacific Available times for staff might be:
      • Monday 9 AM, 10 AM, 12 PM
      • Tuesday 9 AM, 10 AM, 12 PM
      • Wednesday 9 AM, 10 AM, 12 PM
      • Thursday 10 AM, 11 AM, 12 PM
      • Friday 9 AM, 10 AM, 11 AM, 12 PM
  • Incremental slices [bmoss]
  • Sitting on the sidelines [bmoss]
  • See marcia if you have B2G phone requests
    • We will soon have a spreadsheet where we will track all the devices
  • Team Mailing Lists [marcia]
    • What are teams using for mailing lists? Are the current lists posted on QMO?
  • Seeking volunteer to record the weekly QA meetings
    • Steps are documented on the intranet, need a volunteer to initiate the recording each week (requested by satdav in IRC)

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items



  • Rebecca reported on posting tasks on QMO. This is an experiment
  • WebQA takeaway is that Server and two quick tasks is what most people want
  • 1:1 ratio Community: Full time staff on WebQA if we can the force multiplier QA will prosper
  • Being more visible:
    • Report what you are working on
    • Report what you are worried about
    • "devwanted"
    • if you already do it, do it more
  • QA'ing the requirements is what Krupa is doing, and what Web API plans on doing.
  • We should record the weekly staff meeting since it is likely that we will not find a time that will work well for everyone.

Action items

  • Create wiki page for team mailing lists [marcia]
  • jhammink driving the flashing station clarification
  • geo to send mail to tchung regarding goals

Last Meeting

  • Action Items