QA/Team Meeting/QA Team Meeting-2015-07-08

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Mozilla QA Meeting July 8, 2015

# Every other Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Room: QA
#
# Vidyo:  https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=0HHQN7SSNIkAxuJq04fq7uZk6J8
# Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99456 (US/INTL)
#         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99456 (US Toll Free)
#         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 99456 (Canada)
# IRC:    irc://irc.mozilla.org:6697/#qa

Template available at: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Team_Meeting/QA_Team_Template

Lead / Scribe

  • Lead: Marcia
    • Lead is responsible for:
      • informing the Air Mozilla person in the Vidyo room when to start and stop recording
      • guiding the conversation according to the prepared agenda; eliciting questions and comments
      • handing off lead and scribe duties to a new volunteer for next meeting
  • Scribe: Kamil
    • Scribe is responsible for:
      • adding the action items and takeaways to the current meeting's minutes
      • creating the agenda for the next meeting and carrying the action items and takeaways over to it
      • sending out a notice of the availability of that agenda along with the meeting invite
      • completing all of the above by the end of the week during which the meeting occurred

Actions From Last Week

  • [Karl] to investigate interaction between Google Analytics and Persona

Deadlines and Schedules

Next Merge: October 21, 2019 Next Release: October 22, 2019
Trains
Central: 71 Aurora: 54 Beta: 70 Release: 69.0

Other Notable Dates/Events (Read Only)

Discussion & Updates for Team

  • Q3 Goals Discussion
  • Blog posts related to your experience in Whistler?
  • ashughes: QA meeting proposals to address our disconnected organizational structure (Disclaimer: these are just my ideas -- I would encourage everyone to seriously think about what we truly want for ourselves and the community -- contribute your own ideas and leadership to our success)
    • Open this meeting up to all QA people. I know the meeting has not technically been "closed" to people outside the circle of folks who reported directly to Clint prior to his departure. However, I think we should repeatedly encourage participation from people we've lost touch with and try to pull them back in (B2G QA is a prime example). One way we can achieve this is by re-branding this as more of a "meetup of Mozilla testers" and less of a "meeting of ex-QA team members".
    • The answer to "why are we still meeting?" is that we still have challenges we need to face together, the organizational structure matters not. I'd throw it back at those people and ask them what challenges they face that can't be solved themselves? Just because we aren't officially a "team" anymore doesn't mean we need to lose the support structure; in fact that support structure is probably more necessary than its every been.
    • Shift the purpose of the meeting toward discussing opportunities where alignment of resources makes sense, despite us being on separate teams. There are areas where each of us is trying our own thing, reinventing the wheel, and not succeeding to scale -- the team meeting is the perfect place to unify and support each other. Community building is the obvious poster child.
    • Move status and lightning talks to the Monday project meeting. Status and lightning talks seem to be more about consumption and less about discussion which would seem to fit well within the format of the Monday meeting. A side effect of doing this is it's basically a no-cost win to get QA "out there". Assume the project meetings are consumed by more than just those on the call and probably some outside the Mozilla community. We could be thinking of ways to drive discussion about quality and testing in the broader Open Source community. Mozilla still has a voice in the industry; we're Mozilla's voice for quality and we have should be driving these conversations. Lightning talks in the project call is one of the best platforms for this, another would be having more of a presence on blog.mozilla.org.
      • One concern is whether we need to have lightning talks vetted via the QA meeting. Having lightning talks "vetted" in a QA meeting is great in theory but I don't see that happening in practice. Fact is nothing we're doing in the QA meetings is bubbling up to the project call. We don't need to do it in *every* project call (maybe once a month) but I still think the project call is the best place for these things.
    • Move discussions to Discourse and use our other platforms (eg. social media) as a funnel to our Discourse discussions, this should include meetings
    • Evaluate whether the meeting day/time/frequency makes sense - be open to change and break out of the cycle of doing things the same way we always have - eg. an earlier meeting would be more accessible to European folks
    • At the end of the day the success of Mozilla QA depends on all of us. Surviving and thriving in this new reality involves us working harder than ever to support each other and remain connected. We should be facing this challenge together, regardless of the organizational structure.

Lightning Talk

  • Lightning talk list
  • Syd Polk [:sydpolk]
    • Demonstrated the work they're doing in WebRTC & Video/Flash/HTML5 Automation

Community [read only]

Contributors

New Contributor Spotlight

These are new contributors, if you see them around, say hello

Contributor Honor Roll

For those that went above and beyond this week, we salute you here.

Quarterly Goals

Action Items and notes from the meeting

  • [Karl] to investigate interaction between Google Analytics and Persona
  • [Stephen] Making QA more visible to the Mozilla organization (Possibly a Q3 Goal)
  • [Marcia] Invite B2G people back to the QA meeting if they're interested
  • [Anthony] Work with Matt on the internal mailing list relating to QA/Work Weeks
  • Notes: this etherpad

Travel / PTO (Read Only)

Kittens

Kitten, fox, or other cute animal gif of the week: Sniper, Get Down!!

Next Meeting's Lead/Scribe

  • Lead: Stephen
  • Scribe: Marcia