Reps/Application Process/Selection Criteria
Mozillians profile needs to be filled with:
- At least one vouch
- Photo of the applicant (optional, it’s good to recognize Reps by face either in community meetups, or online meetings though)
- Different groups of interests and topics of involvement within mozilla
- example: speakers add interests and topic groups they have spoken about, localizers add software translated
- Languages the applicant speaks
- External accounts (not only mozilla accounts, for the application screening it’s important to understand who the applicant is)
- Biography text, some examples, feel free to talk about anything you are passionate about:
- Where the applicant lives
- What are the applicant’s hobbies
- What the applicant does (work or studying)
- Which projects the applicant is contributing to mozilla or other Open Source projects / initiatives
- Is the applicant part of other programs or initiatives in Mozilla like TechSpeakers or Campus Club and in what role
Application request needs to contain the answers to the following items:
- Explanation what the applicant has done regarding mobilizing communities (regional or functional), can also be outside of mozilla
- Does the applicant have a focus area regarding mobilizing the community?
- Explanation if the applicant already organized or joined other mozilla events, also can be from other open source initiatives
- Explanation of what the applicant learned on helping the community or projects that the applicant joined in the past
- Explanation of how the Reps program will enable the applicant to achieve his goals inside Mozilla and his/her local community
- What are the most important achievements of the applicant in the past 12 months in the mozilla community or in Open Source in general
- The applicant needs to be active within Mozilla for at least 6 months
- How knowledgeable is the applicant about the Mozilla project, our mission and our values?
- Is the applicant familiar with the different products Mozilla develops and different Mozilla initiatives?