Main | Join | Procedures (SOPs) | Leadership (Resources) | Meetings | Website | FAQ
What is the Resources Track?
The Resources Track is the track for Reps who wish to empower their communities (be it local/regional or functional) by enabling them request resources the Reps program has.
Reps that specialize in resources are trained to help communities and Reps plan strategically how they use these. This ensures that resources (budget and others) of the program are used in the most impactful way and according to the guidance provided by Mozilla’s strategy and the Council.
Current Reps in the Resources track
This currently is a placeholder to list all Reps belonging to this track for easy access. We suggest to talk to somebody in your region, but Reps in the Resource track might defer the support to another Rep if deemed more impactful.
How can I join?
In order to apply for this track, we require Reps:
- to join a special training (planning for impact, how to run activities, etc)
- to organize at least one impactful zero-budget initiative
- to have all of their previous Bugzilla bugs closed
The Rep would be then reviewed by the Review Team to approve his/her application. The application form will be communicated once the track is open for applications.
A local cap could be defined by the Review Team to avoid having too many people in the same region to be in charge of resources. If current members are not supporting the community or performing as required they could be replaced by new ones, or if we have a lot of interested people, they can be rotated. Ideally we have at least two people per region in this track to avoid bottlenecks.
Once you join the track you won’t be able to request budget for more than $500 until you have at least run two successfully impactful initiatives under $500. This cap could be ignored for Reps with a great past record of impactful initiatives.
Expectation on number of people joining
The following estimation has been based on https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contact/communities and where we have Reps. More details on the estimation can be found here.
|Region||Minimum of Reps in this track||Maximum of Reps in this track|
This means 60 Reps should join this track so we can ensure that Resources will be used and distributed correctly. 72 Reps are the maximum we can have based on today’s estimation and needs of our communities.
- Every Rep that joins this track will have to do a budget training to complete the on-boarding process.
- Training will take around 3 weeks, and will cover from how to present a solid plan and to define objectives, to how to report receipts and request reimbursement.
- Reps will be able to present solid plans for impact, and it will be following a procedure to create a report after the event has happened.
- The training won’t be only to be accountable, it will also help to identify impactful events and to make sure Resources can be requested in a valuable amount of time due to the training the Reps had.
Budget Training Cycles
The first testing training will start on July 24th. The training will last for 3 weeks, each week the Resources Reps will be focusing on 3 different areas:
- Goal of the event - Content Preparation
- Logistics & Finance Preparation
- Accountability and follow ups
Every area will have the following structure:
- Training material
- Quiz test
- Working group and Meetings
In the end, all requests will go through the Review Team to be decided on. The Review Team is a specialised team appointed by the Council with the goal to approve and support all Reps Budget Requests. You can find more information on the Review Team wiki page.
In order to emphasize on the initiatives that are priorities for Mozilla and in order to align with Participation goals the Council has decided to allocate its budget resources to areas that were identified as supporting Mozilla more right now. More details on Budget Allocation and implementation of this decision can be found on the Budget Allocation subpage.
In an effort to constantly improve the Resources Track and to track both quantity and quality performance the Review team is conducting regularly quality surveys and analysis of the procedure time. You can find more about those here.
Alumni Members of the Resources Track
|Asia (India)||Vibhanshu Chaudhary||https://mozilla.github.io/reps-archive/u/vibhanshu95/index.html|
|Africa (Ivory Coast)||Diomande Abbackar||https://mozilla.github.io/reps-archive/u/diomsidd/index.html|
|LATAM (Nicaragua)||Ana Sofia Lopez Sanchez||https://mozilla.github.io/reps-archive/u/asofiaCh/index.html|
|Asia (Bangladesh)||Asma Islam Swapna|