Releases/Firefox 3.5.14/Test Plan
Firefox 3.5.14 Test Plan
Description of Release
This is a normal security and stability release for Firefox.
Specific Plan for 3.5.14
We need to verify bug fixes and go through the usual testing for a maintenance release: smoketests, basic functional tests, l10n spot checks, and updates checks.
- Code Freeze: 9/28 @ 11:59 pm PDT
- QA starts: 9/20
- Build #1 starts: 9/29
- Build #1 available: 9/30
- QA with builds start: 9/30
- Smoketests: 9/30
- BFTs: 9/30 - 10/1
- Build #1 released to beta channel, throttled at 5%: 10/1
- Betatest and Beta Channel Testing: 10/1
- Beta throttling upped to 15%: 10/4
- Beta throttling upped to 25%: 10/5
- Beta throttling upped to 50%: 10/6
- Beta throttling upped to 100% (no throttling): 10/7
- QA finishes build #1 verification: 10/7
- Final release: 10/14
- Releasetest & Release Channel Testing: 10/14
- Smoketests: 2 people
- BFTs: 2 people
- Updates checks: 1 person
Build 1 missed l10n changes for a few locales that were necessary. So we had to re-spin.
Build 2 missed a bit that makes the UA say "3.5.14" instead of "3.5.14pre", so we had to re-spin once more.
Bugs to Verify
- Focus on critical and security bugs first.
- Mark bug as verified adding the keyword verified1.9.1